Bat first or bowl in the final?

I'm in 2 minds. On one hand bat first in a big final is always the better option with everything else being equal. All of Indians KO losses in recent times in ODIs have been chases. If Aus bat first and get 300, it'll be hard. 

On the other hand dew could be a factor and given how the Pak game went, there might be an advantage batting second. 

Good toss to lose? 

Opening day of the tournament it was a very fresh pitch so it became a belter in second half.

In India Pak game it dried a little so became slow and low.

In Aus-England match and SA-Afghanistan match recentlly it helped spinners in 2nd half. 

Expect something like that so don't mind batting first here. 

The most painful defeats for me have come when we have won the toss and opted to bowl first like idiots in a high pressure game - 96 WC semi, 03 WC final, 07 WC v SL and 17 CT final. 

In a game like this if we win the toss, we have to bat first. No question about it.

If we chase, we'll have to remove Warner and Head within the Powerplay with not much damage to the scorecard. Rest our spinners will take care. I think we can chase 230-240 total as it's Kohli's game from there on. 260-270 if Rohit does his thing in the PP and 290 if all our Top 5 fire which might be improbable. 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Bat.

But this is where I hate BCCI. Let Analytics decide it, but they don't put money into it.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Bat first

58 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Bat first, bat big and score runs on board.

53 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

WC final. Bat first. No question. 

53 minutes ago, anish233 said:

Definitely bat first, and go hard, if in trouble Kohli can be Kohli, if not keep going hard, use all batsman. Play aggresive. I’m worried about Kohli going at 90 strike rate. This isnt early 2000s , we need everyone to go above run a ball. 

43 minutes ago, Norman said:

Bat first every day of the week....twice on Sunday. 

If we bowl again, it'll be a bigger blunder than Ganguly 2003.

42 minutes ago, Gambit said:

The most painful defeats for me have come when we have won the toss and opted to bowl first like idiots in a high pressure game - 96 WC semi, 03 WC final, 07 WC v SL and 17 CT final. 

In a game like this if we win the toss, we have to bat first. No question about it.

24 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

is this a trick question? ALWAYS bat first in KOs especially on flat wickets.

As the Chennai cricketers in the 70s, 80s and 90s said - Anything for gaaji, machaan.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict