Proud of team India

Mariyam

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Wow!

Casual fans are responsible for the India being okay with failing?

Way to shift blame!

First off, I don't even watch much cricket.

Secondly, why are we assuming that India is okay failing? We were not good enough till this WC. In this WC we were good, yet fell short.

There is a huge difference failing and being okay with failing. Surely its a distinction that you can draw.

Also @Khota @LordPrabhzy theory of milestones/ player worship doesn't stand scrutiny.

Winning a WC or playing a winning knock in a WC final will get you more adulation from the fans and they will worship you more. Winning the WC is also a milestone.

So to think that they didn't want to win is plain ugggh.

Never thought I'd read that me ( or others here) are the reason the Indian team is failing. 

That is the biggest part of the cultural problem. I don't know what all sports you follow but in no other sport individual milestones are celebrated so much.

I never said they did not want to win. I am saying is Dravid did not prepare them adequately.

I can draw lot of distinctions but flying a white flag is the most disturbing one. 

8 hours ago, SLpirate said:

Dew definitely had an impact in 96. Ranatunga may elected to field because of that i think?

As far as i know dew hasn't been a factor in any big finals in Sri Lanka i think.. I'm not sure though. Back when Dhoni chose to field in that WC final every SL fans i know of did a mild celebration. Most of us thought it was a dumb decision and the only viable explanation offered was that Indians felt safer at chasing.  Not a lot of people here were aware of dew having that much of an influence in matches.  I was a bit of an ignorant but die-hard fan then lol

Actually Sanga won the toss.

I think dew is a factor mostly in the western side of India and 96 final was in Lahore which is also in the west.

5 hours ago, deathmonger said:

Very difficult.

Pitch was super slow and then it also started reversing like anything. That Starc delivery to Rahul was unplayable.

That ball was definitely playable.

It was Rahul's technique that was at fault.

He knew Stark was going to bowl offside and he knew there was reverse.

Even Jadeja wicket was the same way.

The issue was there was no intent.

Starc would never bowl this way if they attacked him more an there was no score board pressure.

He would have bowled wide outside yorkers.

Look at the way Iyer, Gill, SKY got out. Perfectly planned bowling.

Even on a batting paradise they would have neutered these 3. Even in NZ game only because of Iyer, Gill and at the end Rahul the score was 397 or it would have been 330-340 and NZ would have chased it easily.

This idea that a batting track would have saved India is false. Aus would have contained India to 320 in a similar pitch to NZ game and chased it easily.

On 11/20/2023 at 12:23 PM, SRT100 said:

Not really.

I mean its covered in sports and probably be the headlines in the news tonight, but after that, it will be like it never happened.

Australia is very laid back and sedate.

Any Indian on here living in Australia will tell you the same thing I am saying. Australians really dont care much at all.

The Rugby and AFL are the biggest sports here and that would lead to street celebrations, fireworks and parties on the night of the victory.

'Did he take Uber?': Subdued welcome for Australia captain Pat Cummins at Sydney airport leaves internet mystified

:hysterical::hysterical::clap:

19 hours ago, Khota said:

That is the biggest part of the cultural problem. I don't know what all sports you follow but in no other sport individual milestones are celebrated so much.

I never said they did not want to win. I am saying is Dravid did not prepare them adequately.

I can draw lot of distinctions but flying a white flag is the most disturbing one. 

I'm very confused.

Dravid didn't prepare them well, is that why they won 10 games on the trot and ended and scored close to 400 in a WC SF? Why find a singular scapegoat for our loss. First it was the mentality of the fans and now its Dravid?

Even if what you say is taken at face value re: Dravid, why should I not be proud of the team?

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I'm very confused.

Dravid didn't prepare them well, is that why they won 10 games on the trot and ended and scored close to 400 in a WC SF? Why find a singular scapegoat for our loss. First it was the mentality of the fans and now its Dravid?

Even if what you say is taken at face value re: Dravid, why should I not be proud of the team?

You indeed are confused.

All the games they won; they were supposed to win. No big deal.

It is your choice to be proud, so be it. If a team underachieves and does not put a fight, I chose not to be proud of it.

Aussie fans don't even care that they won the World Cup.

Pretty sure if we would have won, there would have been roadshows parading the trophy, the players getting felicitated everywhere they go, politicians, and businessmen holding ceremonies to celebrate the achievement, etc.

Nothing of that sort in Australia. Cummins just departed the airport like a normal citizen. 

This is why our cricketers do NOT deserve the attention, love and money that they make. If they can't win a single ICC trophy in 10 years after all this, they are really not worthy of even an iota of the adulation they receive.

8 minutes ago, Texan said:

Aussie fans don't even care that they won the World Cup.

Pretty sure if we would have won, there would have been roadshows parading the trophy, the players getting felicitated everywhere they go, politicians, and businessmen holding ceremonies to celebrate the achievement, etc.

Nothing of that sort in Australia. Cummins just departed the airport like a normal citizen. 

This is why our cricketers do NOT deserve the attention, love and money that they make. If they can't win a single ICC trophy in 10 years after all this, they are really not worthy of even an iota of the adulation they receive.

unlike Indians, Aussie cricket fans are not jobless veli janta. They dont treat cricket as life and death and dont treat players as demigods.. even then the hunger by players to win Trophies is still strong- its the cultural difference

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

unlike Indians, Aussie cricket fans are not jobless veli janta. They dont treat cricket as life and death and dont treat players as demigods.. even then the hunger by players to win Trophies is still strong- its the cultural difference

In addition to that, (as someone has already pointed out), most aussie sportsmen incl. Cricketers hv a sort of ruthlessness in their DNA which could (likely) be attributed to the rugby culture.  Rugby is the main sports in Aus.  Cricketers also watch it regularly.  They bring this extra energy/drive and ruthlessness into every big KO game.  

12 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I'm very confused.

Dravid is below par in white ball cricket. He used to waste balls in middle overs like his namesake now KL Rahul.

Only WC Dravid plates as captain, you know what happened.

Kyun banaya ise coach? My sense is team was going to disrupt due to Kohli captaincy saga. That is why Dravid was called in. Otherwise Rahul Dravid should be kept away from white ball cricket.

One of the Best test player though that does not help here.