Suryakumar Yadav likely to captain Indian side in upcoming T20I series

Poor team selection i would say, they are timid to try new better players who have done well in the SMAT.

When are they going to try  Riyan parag / Abhishek sharma ( both are  a better alternative to Washington ). Is avesh khan really the only option ? Both have the ability to win you matches with explosive batting, bowling will have to be groomed, anyways washington doesn’t inspire any confidence & even maxwell bowls well than washi as an offspinner

We could have tried Mayank Yadav who has had an excellent season with white ball.

The way Anmolpreet & Nihal wadhera have played one of them could have been given a go ahead in the middle order. 

Edited by nsareen
20 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

So, our worst ODI batter after having sucked balls in most WC games (incl. the final) gets a standing ovation from the TM the following day and is handed over the T20 captaincy. :hatsoff:  

There is no accountability. It is all I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Disgusting.

They rewarded the peerless KL a little while ago with a VC spot after a  similar non-performance.

17 minutes ago, AKane said:

There is no accountability. It is all I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Disgusting.

They rewarded the peerless KL a little while ago with a VC spot after a  similar non-performance.

Yes.  Similarly Hahane was dropped from the test team due to non performance last year.  As soon as he returned to the side this year, he was handed over the vice captaincy.  

Edited by Frustrated
28 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

So, our worst ODI batter after having sucked balls in most WC games (incl. the final) gets a standing ovation from the TM the following day and is handed over the T20 captaincy. :hatsoff:  

No one else is available who looks to be a permanent name in the XI of T20s.

36 minutes ago, Number said:

Looks like SMAT performances are not given any value.

Expected better from Agarkar to select Mukesh Koomar, Avesh Khan. 

Thankfully no Bhuvi Koomar.

Want to see Arshdeep progress. Hopefully he has added a little more pace and his control has improved.

Mukesh Kumar was smashed left and right in SMAT..comes back in international T20.

33 minutes ago, Number said:

No one else is available who looks to be a permanent name in the XI of T20s.

Ishan Kishan..he has captaincy experience as well in U19. Coz in current team I don't think Ishan Kishan will find a place as Kishan can't bat in lower order. He is a top 4 batter.

Gaekwad is also being backed as captain.

Edited by singhvivek141
17 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Ishan Kishan..he has captaincy experience as well in U19. Coz in current team I don't think Ishan Kishan will find a place as Kishan can't bat in lower order. He is a top 4 batter.

Ishan hasn't done well in any T20Is. Looks stuck while opening. I don't think he is going to get selected for T20 world cup.

7 minutes ago, Number said:

Ishan hasn't done well in any T20Is. Looks stuck while opening. I don't think he is going to get selected for T20 world cup.

Let's see, I think all the seniors will be back in T20's...this team is just a timepass squad. Except maybe Bishnoi & Axar/Washington...I dont think anyone new will be in T20 squad.

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

Kishan should be asked to throw kitchen sink to anything on his left side like Head

Head is a case study,how to transform yourself to worldbeater

Even a 18-30 months of brilliance is enough as it creates a novelty factor out of blue

But you cants expect it with old school somewhat dihati Indian coach like Dravid

Edited by Suhaan
7 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

No issues with batters selected. Jaiswal, Ruturaj, Tilak, Rinku, Jitesh - all contenders to replace old guards.

All rounders - at least should have considered 1 new all rounder who did well in SMAT. 

Pace bowling - The worst possible selection . No more comments on that .

There is a queue system. If someone got in the queue many years ago, but got injured/lost form etc., they jump ahead as soon as they are available or new season starts, ahead of those who are currently in form. They don't have to prove themselves again in domestics.