Huge rush for India-Australia T-20 match tickets in Visakhapatnam on 23rd Nov, 2023. Tickets Sold Out

javier26

2 hours ago, javier26 said:

spacer.png

A youngster gets two tickets for India Australia T20 match at a counter at Indira Priyadarshini Stadium in Visakhapatnam on Friday.

Scores of cricket lovers thronged the counters at B Grounds of Dr YSR ACA VDCA Stadium, Indira Priyadarshini Stadium in One Town and Rajiv Gandhi Indoor Stadium in Gajuwaka, which were arranged by the Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) for the sale of tickets for the T20 match between India and Australia that is scheduled to be played on November 23 from 7 p.m., here on Friday

spacer.png

A girl who fainted while waiting at a counter to get tickets for T20 match between India and Australia, in Visakhapatnam on Friday.

People of all ages, especially youth and college-going students, were seen standing in long queue lines since early morning, though the authorities have announced that the sale would begin at 11 a.m. Tickets of ₹600, ₹1,500, ₹2,000, ₹3,000, ₹3,500 and ₹6,000 were sold. Separate counters were arranged for men and women. The queue lines of women are longer than those of men at Indira Priyadarshini Stadium in One Town. A number of girls were seen excited after grabbing tickets for the match. A girl who was waiting at in the queue line since the morning fell unconscious. Women police constables who were deputed offered her water and informed her parents. The authorities have given only two tickets to each person.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Visakhapatnam/huge-rush-for-india-australia-t-20-match-tickets-in-visakhapatnam/article67544961.ece

Well respect to the passion of Indian Cricket Fans :hatsoff:

Andher nagri chaupat raja takey ser bhaji takey ser khaja

7 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

ive given up on these chutiya fans- this is the exact reason nothing will change for the BCCI to sit up and be serious to actually do things properly.

I understand.   I m also done watching these overpaid overhyped piece of sh!t over and over again..    Will follow only cricinfo henceforth....intermittently..on match days

Just a quick point - Vizag is in deep economic distress over the past couple of years.

Add to it ruling party has elections and game is held in the stadium names after CM's father.

I wouldn't be surprised if CM is funding the ticket sales and giving it for free to lower income people as a subsidy and to buy votes. Elections are coming up next year I think.

So look into this with a grain of salt.

I would look at TV ratings and decide.