Huge rush for India-Australia T-20 match tickets in Visakhapatnam on 23rd Nov, 2023. Tickets Sold Out

javier26

spacer.png

A youngster gets two tickets for India Australia T20 match at a counter at Indira Priyadarshini Stadium in Visakhapatnam on Friday.

Scores of cricket lovers thronged the counters at B Grounds of Dr YSR ACA VDCA Stadium, Indira Priyadarshini Stadium in One Town and Rajiv Gandhi Indoor Stadium in Gajuwaka, which were arranged by the Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) for the sale of tickets for the T20 match between India and Australia that is scheduled to be played on November 23 from 7 p.m., here on Friday

spacer.png

A girl who fainted while waiting at a counter to get tickets for T20 match between India and Australia, in Visakhapatnam on Friday.

People of all ages, especially youth and college-going students, were seen standing in long queue lines since early morning, though the authorities have announced that the sale would begin at 11 a.m. Tickets of ₹600, ₹1,500, ₹2,000, ₹3,000, ₹3,500 and ₹6,000 were sold. Separate counters were arranged for men and women. The queue lines of women are longer than those of men at Indira Priyadarshini Stadium in One Town. A number of girls were seen excited after grabbing tickets for the match. A girl who was waiting at in the queue line since the morning fell unconscious. Women police constables who were deputed offered her water and informed her parents. The authorities have given only two tickets to each person.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Visakhapatnam/huge-rush-for-india-australia-t-20-match-tickets-in-visakhapatnam/article67544961.ece

Well respect to the passion of Indian Cricket Fans :hatsoff:

Just now, Frustrated said:

There was an ODI match vs Aus earlier this year at Vizag (in march, just before IPL)    Guess what.   Our legendary batting line up got bundled out for 110. Starc picking up 6 wickets, IIRC.   Aus chased it in 10 overs.  :hysterical:

Dead rubber. But we suck in live rubber as well. 

Logically i get it.

Emotionally...f that sh*t. 

As fans, we need to demand more.

This behavior is why BCCI thinks they can get away with anything.

Any moron will look like a genius businessman when he is serving a rabid hungry market with little to no competition.

Its when the tide shifts, he gets exposed.

Luckily for BCCI, the tide wont shift for decades..if at all.

They will keep doing what they are doing.

Edited by sensible-indian
Just now, Tillu said:

Never change Indian fans and never change BCCI. With fans like these we deserve more humiliation in the future.

I think it would be little harsh to criticize the fans especially those living in tier 2 or tier 3 cities when they come out to cheer for their team.   Those cities hardly get any intl matches.   And secondly, they would like to eventually move on sooner or later.  Cann't keep living in the past.  

11 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I think it would be little harsh to criticize the fans especially those living in tier 2 or tier 3 cities when they come out to cheer for their team.   Those cities hardly get any intl matches.   And secondly, they would like to eventually move on sooner or later.  Cann't keep living in the past.  

If you move on from your past same results will repeat. The only way hit BCCI and make them feel accountable is to hit their revenues. Where's the incentive to work if you keep rewarding them after repeated failures. Unfortunately common fans don't understand that and the same cycle will repeat time and time again.

6 minutes ago, Tillu said:

If you move on from your past same results will repeat. The only way hit BCCI and make them feel accountable is to hit their revenues. Where's the incentive to work if you keep rewarding them after repeated failures. Unfortunately common fans don't understand that and the same cycle will repeat time and time again.

I can understand your pain.  Like u and me,  there are billions who are going through this trauma.  As fans we will do what we can.    I m planning to stop watching these games on TV/Hotstar till we win an ICC trophy.  I hv boycotted ipl long ago.  

Edited by Frustrated
6 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I can understand your pain.  Like u and me,  there are billions who are going through this trauma.  As fans we will do what we can.    I m planning to stop watching these games on TV/Hotstar till we win an ICC trophy.  I hv boycotted ipl long ago.  

I know we can't do without cricket. That's why I just follow the scores and commentary on cricbuzz and Cricinfo. Now I will do the same again. After a long time I watched this world cup on live television.