Sai Sudharsan vs Gaikwad

wanted_desi

Who got bright Future   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who got the bright Future?

• Sai Sudharsan
    • Ruturaj Gaikwad

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2024 at 07:49 PM

Gaikwad - FC -> Avg. 42.19, List A ->  Avg. 58.94 @ 100SR, T20: Avg. 38.42 @ 139SR, Age: Almost 27

Sai Sudharsan - FC -> 42.15, List A -> 63.04 @97SR, T20: 37.53@ 125SR, Age 22

With Jaiswal and Gill in top order, there wouldn't be many chances both of them will get together to see who is better prospect. TM has to make a call sooner or later who would they want to develop for WC2027. 

Who will be the one becoming permanent member of Indian team moving forward? CSK is behind Gaikwad, but i believe Sai has something in him and his records will be different game in one year or so. 

Gaikwad is a nervous batsman. Sai Sudarshan is not. Gaikwad kind of guys can get into this KL Rahul mode in crunch game by being over-defensive. Sai Sudarsan is far more decisive with his movement of feet. Atleast so far.  Overall India has pleasant headache of having so many guys coming through.  Gill/Jaiswal regulars.  Sai/Gaikwad as back ups.  We can go move past Rohit. KL Rahul will never open for us which is good. If Prithvi shaw works hard he can also be in the thick of things.

41 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Left hander + younger...  Sai has more potential. 

Gaikwad though may get more chances coz of his Chuski & Bambi connection & he is in Captaincy plans as well. 

He should try to slot himself in the middle order and see how it goes. May be he can do what KL Rahul is doing now.

With all the talent Gaekwad has he plays to score for himself..atleast appears so..in this modern era we need batters..who are more daring..Sai is yet to prove a lot but I somehow feel he has in him to excel..

what I want to see in a player..can he score and fight against top tier nations and bowling in non friendly situations..Sai Sudarshan seems to have that potential..though we need to give more opportunities to him..to see how he shows up..

1 hour ago, Need4Speed said:

With all the talent Gaekwad has he plays to score for himself..atleast appears so..in this modern era we need batters..who are more daring..Sai is yet to prove a lot but I somehow feel he has in him to excel..

what I want to see in a player..can he score and fight against top tier nations and bowling in non friendly situations..Sai Sudarshan seems to have that potential..though we need to give more opportunities to him..to see how he shows up..

There are two things. 1) Attitude 2) Skill. If your attitude itself is selfish then we don't have to analyze skills. Kishan is also somewhat selfish.

Gaikwad is a beast on sub-continent pitches.  In SENA, he likely to face trouble especially on rising balls.  Sudarshan has all bases covered on all types of pitches,IMO.   Being a left hander always adds X Factor.   Still too early maybe.  Need to wait & watch.   

Edited by Frustrated

Sai has time on his side - around 5 years younger than Rutu -  I'm just glad that we have a lot of batting depth and variety(LHB's coming up) Rutu is not bad at all but he's not a gun batter like Jaiswal or as gifted as Sai/Shubman in terms of timing.  

Unless he takes his game to the next level in terms of powerhitting intent, he should only be a backup for these guys

I hope Sai reaches a century today and secures his spot as an opener alongside Jaiswal. It would be exciting to see India's opening pair featuring two left-handers. I can't recall the last time we had that combination. Players like Gill and Gaikwad seem to struggle under pressure, resembling mini-versions of KL Rahul. Maybe they can serve as backups for the time being.