'Worst Asian team I have ever seen on Australian soil': Adam Gilchrist

Pakistan cricketers largely don't want to play test cricket. They have now lost to Australia both home and away. If you look at players attitude towards test cricket, over all teams test performance then sure Gilchrist is right. 

SL has drawn at least one test in the last 20 years in Aus. Heck WI drew a test there as well, I remember a close fought series once where Gayle was in top form (scored a 70 ball 100 in Perth), Dwayne Bravo scored a ton, they drew a test and came close to winning in another one. 

Pak has zero draws in close to 3 decades, next level feat. Provide BD or Afg the same opportunities and they will eke out at least 1 draw in 10 tries. 

Playing to the Indian gallery is Gilly. But he's not wrong.  This was one of their better tours and they still got smashed by a fair margin except at the 'G'

Batting at times was poor but the slip catching and catching in general was horrendous. Club level on this tour especially considering how well they had fielded and caught on the SL tour .

1 minute ago, nitinbwj said:

Not in Sydney for sure. 

This time Sydney pitch played like a traditional Indian pitch, the one where we excel best in. On that track I would back even this Dravid coached, Rohit led team to hand out an innings defeat to Aus. Pretty sure next year's SCG track won't be anywhere close to this, Aussie curators aren't stupid,. they may go back to boring patta and try to draw or use scorecard pressure to win. 

9 hours ago, First class said:

The shameful truth. 

There has been worse tbh. Last time you guys toured it was worse. This series waa actually competitive. At times it looked like pakistan had a chance but dropped catches as usual hurt you.

23 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Playing to the Indian gallery is Gilly. But he's not wrong.  This was one of their better tours and they still got smashed by a fair margin except at the 'G'

Batting at times was poor but the slip catching and catching in general was horrendous. Club level on this tour especially considering how well they had fielded and caught on the SL tour .

Whatever Gilly says, India has been the better team between the 2, Aus and India. Atleast in test cricket for quite a few years now. The way India India dominates Aussies in Australia, I wonder even if the Windies of 80's controlled the matches to that level. 

4 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Fake story....don't think Gilchrist would ever say that. Had it been likes of Ponting, Mark Waugh or Vaughan it could have been trusted but no way Gilly would say it.

Mint reported it, not some aira gaira social media user. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Mint reported it, not some aira gaira social media user. 

Hmm...still some video or other source would be good. Gilchrist is thorough gentleman and always measured in his talks. So very surprising if he said that to a touring team.

If its true, then ofcourse I am happy...Pak team deserves zillat :Giggity:

5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Whatever Gilly says, India has been the better team between the 2, Aus and India. Atleast in test cricket for quite a few years now. The way India India dominates Aussies in Australia, I wonder even if the Windies of 80's controlled the matches to that level. 

They got us back though. Wc 2023. And fluke format wtf final which is rubbish but still

21 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

That was just one test, that too because the Indians were underprepared. And the conditions were absolute trash. One win doesn't change things. Even the Aussies know which is the better team.

Yea that's true. 

But man the 2023 wc loss hurts still. I am over it but damn we really deserves to win last year. We dominated the whole tournament. People say SA choke in the past and that they have had great teams. Yet none of their great teams ever made it to final. 

That 2023 indian side was something else. Barring 2 odd players, it was a complete team.  Bowling attack was insanely good. I am 100% sure inna 5 match series we would beat Aussies 4-1 or 3-2.