Elephant kohli in the room

17 hours ago, mani sha said:

I am not a fan of Kohli . He has won us a few matches but in general , he has personality traits which are not conducive to team sport 

eg 1 - left team after 36 run all out in Aussie 

eg 2 - fought with goat Kumble and Kumble resigned.  
eg 3 - antics on field . 
eg 4 - quest for personal milestones . 100 s etc at cost of team scores 

eg 5 - 5 match series absence against England 

we know he is not injured. We don’t know if he some family member who is sick ., 

if he shows up in IPL , it’s sure shot indication of lack of importance to the format which is most important.  I am bewildered as to why no one is even asking- what makes one go away for 1.5 months plus ? 

even the great sachin came to bat after missing a match when his father died.  In the name of personal reasons , bcci is just shielding its most selfish brar ever. 

I may be wrong but not being present for all 5 tests , esp when bazball in full force - ur stars need to step up after showing up .   Sachin played with so many injuries and was never mia . So was Laxman and Ganguly and Dravid. 

the likes of kohli , pandya are the reason we are not wining . IPL is what has been a curse to India. Players like Shaw , Kishan are IPL millionaires and their motivation to play Ranji and tests is clearly lacking.  

Some stats to ponder

After Post Covid when cricket properly started (July 2020)

India tests played at home (till end of this England series) = 17, tests played by Kohli = 11 (64%)

India tests played away 20, - tests played by Kohli = 16 (80%)

So basically he has missed 10 out of the 37 tests played by India in this period. (played only 72%)

Edited by New guy
21 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Imagine the treat of seeing Fatman and Safaraz batting together before lunch, then running off the field to try and be the first at the buffet line. :hysterical:

they will be very happy to outrace the other in this case

17 hours ago, mani sha said:

Think he is built stout. He has performed tirelessly in Ranji last two years . 

years ago , a vvs laxman was picked to play against Aussie after a run of 6 centuries in domestic. He went on to win us the historic Eden gardens match and series . 

fatso or not , Ranji performances cant and should not be ignored . Glad to see selectors selecting the right kids. If only the selectors had the balls to keep the superstars in check 

they are selecting them too late.

Recently, industrialist Harsh Goenka dropped a post on his X handle, claiming that a baby is going to be born in a few days. He wrote, “A new baby is to be born in the next few days! Hope the baby takes India to great heights like the greatest cricketing father. Or will it follow the mother and be a film star?”

Who are these people. LOL

12 minutes ago, VT87 said:

May be Anushka had pregnancy related issue after 35  getting pregnant always been risky 

Maybe, but if it was just for child birth, it is bit too much in my view.

I can understand missing one or two test but who 5 tests that is excessive.

40 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Maybe, but if it was just for child birth, it is bit too much in my view.

I can understand missing one or two test but who 5 tests that is excessive.

he has the right after so many years of service but BCCI also has the right to not pick him again for test matches.

42 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

he has the right after so many years of service but BCCI also has the right to not pick him again for test matches.

I agree, a player taking series off for any other reason other than injury is putting himself at risk.

BCCI also has every right to say to him thanks but no thanks.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

We have Ashwin leaving and returning next day.Then we have this guy who disappears every time he has a kid. First Australian tour. Now this tour. May be India should schedule the series according to Anushka's delivery date.

But the good part is that we always win he goes missing when he has a kid.. Maybe he should have a third kid around the time we have an important series

I think kohli’s desire to play for india is done. He made more than enough now just to represent ipl and invest. This is why sachin is a GOAT. He could have made tons more than kohli but his down to earth work ethics and to represent india is bar to none. 

On flip side we have absolute fraud in hardick where even legends cant get away with what he does but get paid in millions. Absolute legal fraudster. Only in india this effer can get away with that or pakistan.

Edited by Chaos