'Why somebody else gets more games to fail and I get only one?': R Ashwin on making 'peace' with disappointments

Kumble has so much grace. Most of our 2000s guys like Gambo, Bhajji, Yuvi, MS are petty, self-centered, small-hearted people. They should take a cue from Kumble, our greatest matchwinner of the 90s and 00s. 

You got to feel happy for other people's success, empathize with them in their tough times, feel proud when the next generation does well or even surpasses your feats. Hope the 2010s gen of Pujara, Rahane, Rohit, Kohli, Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami, Ishant, Saha is different from the 2000s batch. Hope Ashwin is as gracious as Kumble when a Kuldeep, Bishnoi, Sai Kishore do great things in the future. 

Edited by Gollum

Siva was doing maa behen of Ashwin few months back, used filthy language. What does he expect in return? His twitter timeline indicates he is just a hatemonger these days, mentally unstable, maybe effect of drugs?

Ashwin is a bonafide legend. Anyone who disagrees should quit watching cricket. 

Him and jaddu along with our pace battery are the main reason why we won so much in asia. Kings of asia for a reason.

And please misbah's team would get wrecked by peak kohlis team anywhere in asia. Including u.a.e.

Ashwin's record is only bad in SA. He did well enough in aus. He did average in england and barely played in nz.

One good series in england might make him an even bigger legend. 

If anderson is an atg and one of the best then so is ash.

Only 3 or 4 spinners i rate above him. 

Warne

Murali is a chucker so i am going to exclude him.

Saqlain

Underwood

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Kumble has so much grace. Most of our 2000s guys like Gambo, Bhajji, Yuvi, MS are petty, self-centered, small-hearted people. They should take a cue from Kumble, our greatest matchwinner of the 90s and 00s. 

You got to feel happy for other people's success, empathize with them in their tough times, feel proud when the next generation does well or even surpasses your feats. Hope the 2010s gen of Pujara, Rahane, Rohit, Kohli, Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami, Ishant, Saha is different from the 2000s batch. Hope Ashwin is as gracious as Kumble when a Kuldeep, Bishnoi, Sai Kishore do great things in the future. 

Why is MS in this list, have not seen him bad mouthing anyone

Today, Kuldeep will wonder why he is being dropped to accommodate a 3rd seamer when he has not even failed. In fact, he has been ontributing with bat and ball in this series. 

We need 3 seamers in DSala. Ashwin is undroppable. Landmark etc.

Jadejas batting is too valuable. 

Patidars luck will change this time according to espncricinfo.

So who remains? Kuldeep of course. :(

I still say, drop Patidar, promote SNK to 4 and DJ to 5 and brave it. 

3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

:p: Why does this guy Sivaramakrishnan need to get a reply.You send your wishes and then it is upto to the other person to reply or not

Have you seen his twitter account.

wonder of theWCC in1985 , this guy has some serious issues.He has been milking that WCC for last 40 years.

Edited by putrevus
58 minutes ago, ash said:

Why is MS in this list, have not seen him bad mouthing anyone

Not as bad as Gambo, Yuvi, Bhajji but rarely see him praising others. 

Edited by Gollum

Anyway Congrats Ashwin. He nerver classified himself as a classical off spinner with a classical stock off spinning stock delivery. He changes action, run up everything to suit specific condition. He probably went through 100 different variations. For long i thought he was experimenting too much. Over a period realized that is his game. Without trying new things he would not have survived more than 3 or 4 years. That is his way of evolution. Even while batting he adopts different stance. That is nis nature. It may or may not work. But without trying chances of him maintaining that performance curve over a long period would have been that much harder. More than a match guy he is a series guy. When he starts delivering he dominates the series. 99 matches 10 matn of the series. Next best  103 matches 5 man of the series Sehwag/200 matches Tendulkar 5 man of the series. Highest MOS by an Indian.   Second highest MOS by anyone in cricket history. Just 1 behind Murali''s 11.

46 minutes ago, putrevus said:

:p: Why does this guy Sivaramakrishnan need to get a reply.You send your wishes and then it is upto to the other person to reply or not

Have you seen his twitter account.

wonder of theWCC in1985 , this guy has some serious issues.He has been milking that WCC for last 40 years.

First time i saw i thought his account was hacked. Then i realized L Siva is being an ass. 

2 hours ago, Kron said:

Ashwin is a bonafide legend. Anyone who disagrees should quit watching cricket. 

Him and jaddu along with our pace battery are the main reason why we won so much in asia. Kings of asia for a reason.

And please misbah's team would get wrecked by peak kohlis team anywhere in asia. Including u.a.e.

Ashwin's record is only bad in SA. He did well enough in aus. He did average in england and barely played in nz.

One good series in england might make him an even bigger legend. 

If anderson is an atg and one of the best then so is ash.

Only 3 or 4 spinners i rate above him. 

Warne

Murali is a chucker so i am going to exclude him.

Saqlain

Underwood

Only Padosis like to celebrate all the off spinners in the world except Indian spinners.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Anyway Congrats Ashwin. He nerver classified himself as a classical off spinner with a classical stock off spinning stock delivery. He changes action, run up everything to suit specific condition. He probably went through 100 different variations. For long i thought he was experimenting too much. Over a period realized that is his game. Without trying new things he would not have survived more than 3 or 4 years. That is his way of evolution. Even while batting he adopts different stance. That is nis nature. It may or may not work. But without trying chances of him maintaining that performance curve over a long period would have been that much harder. More than a match guy he is a series guy. When he starts delivering he dominates the series. 99 matches 10 matn of the series. Next best  103 matches 5 man of the series Sehwag/200 matches Tendulkar 5 man of the series. Highest MOS by an Indian.   Second highest MOS by anyone in cricket history. Just 1 behind Murali''s 11.

Plus, he is a player of high integrity.

unlike Murali and Harbhajan and some others, he never chucked. Those others lost their mojo as soon as it became clear that the doosra can never be delivered legally.

Also, I admire him for calling out the nonstriker in LOIs. It took guts. 

That said, if we're going with 2 spinning Dsala, I pick Jadeja and Kuldeep. 100th test can wait. That's why I'm on a keyboard and not the TM. 

53 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He is a champion player. Legendary spinner. Like i said max 3 guys above him

I think he has a year left him. Old war horse can do it again in aus and england. Hopefully with a WTC title. Would be a great swansong. 

55 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Agreed azhwin takes time in a series to get better. He is a gun in 3 4 match series. 

31 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

First time i saw i thought his account was hacked. Then i realized L Siva is being an ass. 

He is an ass of highest order.It is disgrace that this guy is still assoicated with Indian cricket. He is another idiot who thinks world owes him everything.

3 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Today, Kuldeep will wonder why he is being dropped to accommodate a 3rd seamer when he has not even failed. In fact, he has been ontributing with bat and ball in this series. 

We need 3 seamers in DSala. Ashwin is undroppable. Landmark etc.

Jadejas batting is too valuable. 

Patidars luck will change this time according to espncricinfo.

So who remains? Kuldeep of course. :(

I still say, drop Patidar, promote SNK to 4 and DJ to 5 and brave it. 

Kuldeep did very well in Dharamsala in 2017. Should play. I'd not play 3rd seamer here

It’s something to remark on that the two great Indian spinners of the modern game,  Kumble and Ashwin were so different from the mould.

Kumble came in at speed and barely spun the ball,  and for the longest time was dismissed by Indian fans used to a rich fare of classical spinners. Ashwin just kept changing, sometimes in the same game, so it was hard to pigeonhole him.