Jurel

Sarfraz

Kuldeep

Padikkal(albeit small sample)

all these guys can consolidate their position

Losers

Bharat may have seen the last of him

Patidar no way in again

Shreyas Iyer his window has narrowed down significantly.

There are guys like Siraj, Axar that will receive some scrutiny. Axar in particular as his role is currently ambiguous. His average n Australian series was 62/Current series 41.20. Although his batting improved. Can India afford to play him for his 30s and 40s at the risk of diminished bowling potency.

Edited by vvvslaxman
Just now, express bowling said:

Biggest plus for me is Akashdeep.

We badly need a couple of pacers who can bowl accurately at 140 k+ with the red ball and get seam movement with bounce. Preferably tall too.

Akashdeep ticks all the boxes.

yea Forgot him. Surprised me with his hit the deck bowling

IND

Winner :

Jurel - V.good wkt. keeper, Not that bad with DRS - Yes not Dhoni/ Kl level good but for 1st series he was good.

Akashdeep- As noted by other as well Skiddy at and around 140 kmph, nice bounce , wanted to see him in the last test too if he is actually that skiddy or not 

Sarfarz - Good to see a domestic top run-getter getting into the team after, they nearly overlooked him for years, need to see him in SENA but has technique for Ind pitches and be the difference.

Both were not supposed to be in Ind plans atleast not for couple of years, but in between a lot of chaos and picking low potential player  

Loser :

Siraj - A part from 1 innings he was below average, mostly bowling under 130 kmph and if a debutant making him look like they are bowling of different surfaces .....

Hopefully TM fixes this no need to convert him to all format bowler let me play Test.

ENG:

Winner :

Bashir - Classic old style off spinner, but need to see if he is longterm or not but a good series fr him.

Loser:

Bairstow : Think Eng's Bazball was mostly started by him and was to be revolved around him with Root/Oliver being their anchor

Edited by tapandrun

for me, the biggest gain will be an unorthodox choice: it was kuldeep demonstrating the lost/dying art of wrist spin. even shane warney would have been proud of this display. let's not forget that he was bowling to a highly experienced batting lineup (3 with 100 tests in top 6, and 2 more with about 40 tests) and he was not bowling on dustbowls.

14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Those are usual winners. That is why i excluded him.  Bumrah, Ashwin, Jadeja. 

disagree with lumping kuldeep with this bunch. before this series, he had not played more than 2 tests in a series IIRC, and his previous test was 1.5 yr ago. these facts are very diff than boom-ash-jaddu, and one can almost consider kuldeep a "new" player. he entered with 8 tests.

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

English fan (60 plus year old). I will give him a pass. I don't want to drive fans from other countries away. Let them participate. He trolled and got trolled. 

how many of them are actually Eng? the few times Pak did well, we saw Pak fans emerge from the woodwork, some of whom were pretending to be from Aus, Eng, etc

10 minutes ago, Vijy said:

disagree with lumping kuldeep with this bunch. before this series, he had not played more than 2 tests in a series IIRC, and his previous test was 1.5 yr ago. these facts are very diff than boom-ash-jaddu, and one can almost consider kuldeep a "new" player. he entered with 8 tests.

This is kuldep v2.0 . Deifnitely this is not the same Kuldeep we saw 2  or 3 years back. He himself admitted that he has made some changes.

13 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

This is kuldep v2.0 . Deifnitely this is not the same Kuldeep we saw 2  or 3 years back. He himself admitted that he has made some changes.

that's why he should not be lumped with the established stars like boomrah, kohli, rohit, ashwin, sir-ji. he has come back from the wilderness, and is thus a bona fide success story.