Kuldeep 

Jasprit 

Mayank

Bishnoi  

Sen 

Kishan (back up opener and wk?)

Tilak

On 4/10/2024 at 8:13 PM, bowl_out said:

@vvvslaxman Check out Pdogg's suggested XI for the WC. I like Samson at 3. But he has Jadeja and Axar in the XI. I'd even pick Chahal ahead of Axar.

What is going for PDogg is that his franchise did win CPL so he does know what is required in those conditions and he does acknowledge the need for batting depth until #8 and says Kohli should not bat in the middle overs. 

Probably worth consulting him as to team combo in Caribbean conditions. 

My T20 WC 15 based on T20 form over a year(including IPL and t20i):

Playing 11:

1. Abhishek
2. Jaiswal
3. Sanju
4. SKY
5. Dube
6. Rinku
7. Axar
8. Bumrah
9. Bishnoi
10. Mayank
11. Sandeep
Others:
12. One Pacer out of (Mohit,Mohsin,Harshit)
13. One extra batter(Parag)
14. Kishan/Pant
15. Sundar/Jadeja

I want the selectors to send a team full of new faces like 2007 who have talent & are not carrying baggage of tournament losses. Plus they are in in better form and suit better to the format than the regulars of Indian ODI team. Regarding pacers, Arshdeep has forgotten swing and death yorkers since Jan 2023, and Siraj was never a t20 format bowler but Indian management has an obsession with selecting bowlers in t20s based on their test form and selecting test batters based on their IPL form. I would rather have them fastrack Mayank just to create chaos in t20 wc since he is still an unknown in international circuit and Sandeep who has been brilliant at the death and swings in the powerplay. 

My World Cup 16 will be ( If I am the chief selector)

Rohit 

1. Jaiswal( ahead of GILL)
  2. SKY ahead of Samson- sky is world's best t20 batsman.
  3. Virat kohli
  4. ISHAN KISHAN (wicketkeeper ahead of Pant - he has fitness issues still, jitesh is not a good batsman, dhruv jurel has not fired , kl rahul is a slow batsman for t20's)
  5. ROHIT Sharma- Captain.
  6. Dube is ahead of Rinku as Dube is a Power player and he can do the finisher role 
  7. Bishnoi- Master spinners and he bats too
  8. Kuldeep yadav- Master Spinner and he also bats a bit.
  9. Jaddu- SPIN AR
  10. Hardik- pace All rounder - he is looking out of form but he is a DIAMOND.
  11. Boom-fast bowler..can bat sometimes.
  12. Siraj-fast bowler- I expect him to be back in form and if he is not in form then I will pick a talented bowler like Kuldeep SEN ( not arshdeep or any trundler)
  13. Mayank- fast bowler
  14. Harshit Rana - Pace all-rounder preferred, if he is not in his best form then Yash Thakur /Shardul Thakur ( both are smart all-rounders).
  15. Khaleel ( left-arm fast) , if he is not fit than MOHSIN could be the second Option - arshdeep is looking out of form.

16. rinku singh/ kuldeep sen / shardul /yash thakur 

only 4 batsman- virat rohit jaiswal Sky 

wk- ishan

dube is a good batsman and slow pacers too

in t20 - you need 6 bowlers so one needs pace all-rounders and at least 2 spinners in the 11

pacers - boom siraj mayank are our best

hardik and harshit are very good as they can bat and bowl too

Khaleel is our best left arm pacer ahead of arshdeep

Edited by vishalvirsingh
1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

My World Cup 16 will be ( If I am the chief selector)

Rohit 

1. Jaiswal( ahead of GILL)
  2. SKY ahead of Samson- sky is world's best t20 batsman.
  3. Virat kohli
  4. ISHAN KISHAN (wicketkeeper ahead of Pant - he has fitness issues still, jitesh is not a good batsman, dhruv jurel has not fired , kl rahul is a slow batsman for t20's)
  5. ROHIT Sharma- Captain.
  6. Dube is ahead of Rinku as Dube is a Power player and he can do the finisher role 
  7. Bishnoi- Master spinners and he bats too
  8. Kuldeep yadav- Master Spinner and he also bats a bit.
  9. Jaddu- SPIN AR
  10. Hardik- pace All rounder - he is looking out of form but he is a DIAMOND.
  11. Boom-fast bowler..can bat sometimes.
  12. Siraj-fast bowler- I expect him to be back in form and if he is not in form then I will pick a talented bowler like Kuldeep SEN ( not arshdeep or any trundler)
  13. Mayank- fast bowler
  14. Harshit Rana - Pace all-rounder preferred, if he is not in his best form then Yash Thakur /Shardul Thakur ( both are smart all-rounders).
  15. Khaleel ( left-arm fast) , if he is not fit than MOHSIN could be the second Option - arshdeep is looking out of form.

16. rinku singh/ kuldeep sen / shardul /yash thakur 

only 4 batsman- virat rohit jaiswal Sky 

wk- ishan

dube is a good batsman and slow pacers too

in t20 - you need 6 bowlers so one needs pace all-rounders and at least 2 spinners in the 11

pacers - boom siraj mayank are our best

hardik and harshit are very good as they can bat and bowl too

Khaleel is our best left arm pacer ahead of arshdeep

Siraj might be done as a good bowler. I hope I am wrong but even in world cup he was main culprit.He was the first choice before Shami.

13 hours ago, KushKan said:

My T20 WC 15 based on T20 form over a year(including IPL and t20i):

Playing 11:

1. Abhishek
2. Jaiswal
3. Sanju
4. SKY
5. Dube
6. Rinku
7. Axar
8. Bumrah
9. Bishnoi
10. Mayank
11. Sandeep
Others:
12. One Pacer out of (Mohit,Mohsin,Harshit)
13. One extra batter(Parag)
14. Kishan/Pant
15. Sundar/Jadeja

I want the selectors to send a team full of new faces like 2007 who have talent & are not carrying baggage of tournament losses. Plus they are in in better form and suit better to the format than the regulars of Indian ODI team. Regarding pacers, Arshdeep has forgotten swing and death yorkers since Jan 2023, and Siraj was never a t20 format bowler but Indian management has an obsession with selecting bowlers in t20s based on their test form and selecting test batters based on their IPL form. I would rather have them fastrack Mayank just to create chaos in t20 wc since he is still an unknown in international circuit and Sandeep who has been brilliant at the death and swings in the powerplay. 

Captain? Bumrah? SKY? Samson?

If it were up to me i would kick out anyone over 30 other than SKY.

Abhishek Sharma spin back up

Jaiswal

Sanju Samson

SKY

Parag spin back up

Shivam Dube Can bowl if needed

Rinku singh

Deshpande  can bat. Most economical Indian fast bowler after Mayank. Can touch 145k occasionally

Harshit Rana  can bat. Bowl fast

Bumrah 

Kuldeep

This gives you 7 top  order batsmen who all can hit sixes. Dehspande and Rana can slog as well. You got pace department, spin department covered. medium trunlde department covered. One off spin, one left arm, one wrist spin.  Total of 7 bowling options 9 batting options. This line up has 4 left handers.  

Gill/Ruturaj two other considerations.

Edited by vvvslaxman
5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

If it were up to me i would kick out anyone over 30 other than SKY.

Abhishek Sharma spin back up

Jaiswal

Sanju Samson

SKY

Parag spin back up

Shivam Dube Can bowl if needed

Rinku singh

Deshpande  can bat. Most economical Indian fast bowler after Mayank. Can touch 145k occasionally

Harshit Rana  can bat. Bowl fast

Bumrah 

Kuldeep

This gives you 7 top  order batsmen who all can hit sixes. Dehspande and Rana can slog as well. You got pace department, spin department covered. medium trunlde department covered. One off spin, one left arm, one wrist spin.  Total of 7 bowling options 9 batting options. This line up has 4 left handers.  

Gill/Ruturaj two other considerations.

The combination of Dubey , parag and abhishek for 5th and 6th bowler will leak huge amount of runs. I mean they all are good for 6th bowling option but not for 5th.

For 5th u need someone like pandya ,Jadega or Axar .someone who is 60:40 bowling allrounder.

4 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

The combination of Dubey , parag and abhishek for 5th and 6th bowler will leak huge amount of runs. I mean they all are good for 6th bowling option but not for 5th.

For 5th u need someone like pandya ,Jadega or Axar .someone who is 60:40 bowling allrounder.

Parag iiis now a regular bowler for his domestic side. He bowled 37 overs in 10 games in the SMAT. Average of 3.7 overs per m atch. Took 11 wickets with an ER of 7.29.  ABhishek bowled 20 overs iin 10 innings ER 8.05 Dube bowled 29 over sin 8 match. So 3.5 overs per match. ER was 4.25 

Basically all 3 players can bowl. Yes there is a risk they can travel. So are Jadeja/Pandya/Axar. But these guys can make above par total which wiill make our siide even more potent

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-2024-uncapped-indian-players-mayank-yadav-riyan-parag-abhishek-sharma-shashank-singh-ashutosh-sharma-harshit-rana-1429460

Rise of uncapped Indian Players:

1. Mayank Yadav

2. Shashank Singh

3. Ashirosh Sharma

4. Abhishek Sharma

5. Riyan Parag

6. Harshit Rana

I would add:

7.. Abdul Samad

8. Nitish Kumar Reddy

I think of all above only Abhishek Sharma, Riyan Parag can feature in national colors as they have been playing for 2-3 seasons now. Rest need to wait.

• The title was changed to WT20 India squad announced