Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Avesh the fastest of the lot but also the worst. 

As I have said multiple times - 137-143kph bowling with no control and zip is the easiest target for a batsman. 

These HK players are parttime cricketers and even they are not afraid of 140kph, that tells us that no one gives an eff about speed these days unless you have other skills or at least control over line and length. 

Pathetic. 

On 8/28/2022 at 3:17 PM, express bowling said:

Pakistan try to develop and play all the quick bowlers they have got. India don't.

Who are the fastest Pakistani pacers who are prominent. ?

Rauf

Hasnain

Shaheen

Naseem

Musa

Dahani

And Pakistan have / had selected 5 of those 6 in the Asia Cup Squad. ( Shaheen got injured.). For a long time they had picked Rauf and Naseem when they were raw and developed them.

Who are the Fastest Indian quicks who are prominent ?

Umran

Tyagi

Sen

Bumrah

Saini

Shami

Prasidh

Siraj 

We had chosen only Bumrah in the Asia Cup Squad and even he got injured.

Shami is not the best T20 pacer going around ( but he is a massive PP wicket taker )  .... but the point is that when we are leaving our quickest pacers out for whatever reason then we should not say that our pacers lack pace. 

Hasnain, Naseem and Dahani are not proven T20I bowlers but they are playing. Earlier they had given a lot of games to Rauf and Naseem when they were very raw and undercooked but we have dropped Umran after 2 games.

Australia, South Africa, Pakistan and the Windies in their heydays always pick / picked and developed their quickest pacers. But we dont. That is the difference and not the lack of talent.

Only Rauf is faster than the regular Indian quicks. Dahani was slower than Hardik even. Naseem was bowling at 130 k to 140 k in the last test he played against SL.

And apart from Rauf  none of the other Pakistsni pacers are that bouncy. They try to swing the ball at sharp pace. 

Harris Rauf is a proper pacer , Dhani too. Paks have good pace attack. 

India in this tournament besides hardik not a great fast bowling attack. With slow bowling I think bhuvi did well but chahal is poor.

With the bowlers that we've got these days in our squad, I don't even feel like watching cricket these days. Seriously there's not even a single exciting prospect thats been given an opportunity. 
Where are guys like Umran, Kuldeep, Tyagi, Mohsin? It's embarrassing how some of these guys are treated. Almost get the feeling that some of the seniors and older guys don't want them to burst onto the scene and create an impact. Just no forward thinking by the team management. If not for anything else, just do it for the entertainment FFS. 

7 hours ago, the don said:

“All Pakistani fast bowlers clock 140-145 kph consistently. I don't think any team in world cricket has such a rich backup of fast bowlers”- Ravi Ashwin

Considering the number of bowlers who can clock speeds on that range, it is indeed impressive. 

Quality wise it's a completely different issue.

59 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Considering the number of bowlers who can clock speeds on that range, it is indeed impressive. 

Quality wise it's a completely different issue.

Shaheen, Naseem are top tier quality bowlers. I have always maintained that even in their development phase.

Dahani has a lot going for him too.

8 hours ago, the don said:

“All Pakistani fast bowlers clock 140-145 kph consistently. I don't think any team in world cricket has such a rich backup of fast bowlers”- Ravi Ashwin

The good thing about Pakistan Cricket is that it tries to develop and play all the 140 k+ pacers they have got.

Pakistan has picked 5 of the 6 quickest prominent pacers they have got. ( Shaheen got injured )

While India had picked only 1 out of its 9 quickest prominent pacers and even he got injured.

There is big difference in the chances given to quick pacers between the 2 countries.

I have seen the Indian cricket fraternity cry for years about the quick bowling talent other countries have got. But for years they have left out the quickest pacers they have got and filled their team with safe medium pacers.

9 hours ago, the don said:

That's the difference of mindset, Pakistan always try to pickup their fastest bowlers and hope for the best.
India goes in reverse, pickup the slowest bowlers. 

34 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The good thing about Pakistan Cricket is that it tries to develop and play all the 140 k+ pacers they have got.

Pakistan has picked 5 of the 6 quickest prominent pacers they have got. ( Shaheen got injured )

While India had picked only 1 out of its 9 quickest prominent pacers and even he got injured.

There is big difference in the chances given to quick pacers between the 2 countries.

I have seen the Indian cricket fraternity cry for years about the quick bowling talent other countries have got. But for years they have left out the quickest pacers they have got and filled their team with safe medium pacers.

I am afraid, we are again going in the 90's by stocking the team with slow bowlers.
Even under Ganguly we had Nehra, Zak and Srinath who were capable of bowling in late 130's to mid 140's. Srinath at the end of his career used to touch 140 with ease while Avesh has to grunt like Black Bolt to hit 140.

5 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

That's the difference of mindset, Pakistan always try to pickup their fastest bowlers and hope for the best.
India goes in reverse, pickup the slowest bowlers. 

I am afraid, we are again going in the 90's by stocking the team with slow bowlers.
Even under Ganguly we had Nehra, Zak and Srinath who were capable of bowling in late 130's to mid 140's. Srinath at the end of his career used to touch 140 with ease while Avesh has to grunt like Black Bolt to hit 140.

Thing is Dravid is convinced with picking these kinda bowlers...  Even BD made Ebadot their prominent Test pacer play in a T20 Y'day & he looked the part in his first 2 overs by bowling 142k+ & picking up 3 wickets...  Could have got Mendis too & killed the game but Mushfiq didn't review. 

Indian selectors & BCCI have no shame & I wish someone from ECB or CA handles the selection issues in our country.  Ian Chappell has many times pointed out that Indian selectors don't pick their best possible talents. 

It's a miracle we end up winning so many games. 

25 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Indian selectors & BCCI have no shame & I wish someone from ECB or CA handles the selection issues in our country.  Ian Chappell has many times pointed out that Indian selectors don't pick their best possible talents. 

It's a miracle we end up winning so many games. 

ECB are pretty bad themselves. Have mishandled quick bowlers for decades.

CA are amazingly good when it comes to developing genuine quicks with quality.

Edited by express bowling
16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

ECB are pretty bad themselves. Have mishandled quick bowlers for decades.

CA is amazingly good when it comes to developing genuine quicks with quality.

If ECB had talent pool like India they will do much better.  

CA is obviously top tier.  Someone like Jason Gillespie needs to given some sort of position in Indian cricket maybe  Dale Steyn too. 

Ours are obviously so bad...  Incompetent people are often seen in important positions in this country.