Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

48 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Ajay Jadeja as Chief selector anybody

Unpopular opinion, but Ajay Jadeja enjoyed quite a good amount of success when he captained Indian team sporadically (Total 13 games, 9 won, 4 lost) .
He was always regarded as someone who had good cricketing brain, but just wasn't as focussed and used to have that casanova/laidback image which kinda went against him.
Then that fixing saga just ruined his chances at the age of 29 itself. 

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Im around 90kgs, the key difference is that I am 6ft2.

Even your un solicited unverified claim 90 kgs at 188 is puny,  muscled lads top 220 pounds at that height.To be considered a big fella you need to be

around 194 cm and 240 pounds min, you are a smaller thin guy basically.. don't be too cocky. 

On 1/3/2023 at 10:35 PM, SRT100 said:

No way do I believe Thompson bowled 160kmhr.

IIRC the way fast bowlers speed was recorded back then is very different compared to today.

thompson was the one genuine quick of that time, more so than others. I dunno if he did bowl 160, but I can say confidently that he was fastest of that era

Edited by Vijy
6 hours ago, Mosher said:

Sad thing is Mavi was bowling some quick accurate yorkers in U19 wc. He was a special bowler in u19 but now he has clearly regressed and turned into a trundler. 

Was quite shocked with his speeds. After the Ranji trophy game against be gal remember ishan pirel who was the man of the match making special mention of Shivam mavi saying that he was genuinely quick and troubled all the batters

22 minutes ago, ind_hyd1 said:

If Shivam mavi continues to bowl like this, better have avesh Khan in his place. He doing well this Ranji season. No point in having a 24 year old bowling at 128-134 speeds 

What Avesh Khan will bring in...he will make a loud labored grunt and bowl at 132 kph...on top of that he is another Chahal with the field and bat.
Mavi atleast is a better fielder.
I don't know why Kuldeep Sen was left out so soon.

Edited by singhvivek141
17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

can't believe a thread on cricket and bowling devolved to multiple pages of "I know kungfu karate and other dangerous words".

isn't that the fate of most threads on ICF, namely: who is better? Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan? [the only correct answer, of course, is the former]

17 minutes ago, Pollack said:

This should be bowling lineup for WC2023:

Hardik

Umran

Bumrah

Siraj/Prasidh

Kuldeep

Jadeja 

our no. 8 needs to be able to bat somewhat - hopefully kuldeep can do it.

I like your lineup but sundar should be there in place of jadeja

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Ajay Jadeja as Chief selector anybody

Such great points..the most important was..c***u TM needs to learn how to use such kind of bowler properly as they wud hv nvr seen the balls flying in those areas..

remember 1st boundary Mendis hit Umran just showing field placement wasnt ok..

whose fault is that..so TM etc needs to learn..

Also,Umran reverse swinging red ball at high speed in air..mouth watering..

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

thompson was the one genuine quick of that time, more so than others. I dunno if he did bowl 160, but I can that he was fastest of that era

Thompson was genuinely fast and as fast if not the fastest for his time, but I dont believe he was 160+

It brings up an interesting argument I have with mates, how Bradman never faced genuine fast bowlers like of the modern era, say compared to Tendulkar who faced multiple generations of fast bowlers, across a number of countries in a variety of conditions. Even Gavaskar for that matter faced terrifying fast bowling of the WI in the WI.

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

can't believe a thread on cricket and bowling devolved to multiple pages of "I know kungfu karate and other dangerous words".

Apologies for that I regrettably engaged with another poster that I was calling out, when I should have kept my personal opinions and thoughts to myself and adhered to the current subject on hand, I learnt a lesson here.

Apologies also to you @express bowling as I know this is "your thread" and you pride yourself in keeping the subject matter on point and here I am derailing a good, well thought of and knowledgeable thread. Sorry for my part.

23 hours ago, tapandrun said:

Second you on this, a bowler who was clocking 140+ in age group is down to mid 130s is saddening to see.

I just hope he was down on pace because of debut match jitters, else he is not a longterm investments another Thakur, Mukesh kind of a bowler in the mix.

Though I never thought him as 145ish bowler, he is somewhere in 142 range, but today he was too slow, when IPL teams are trying to find a V.high pacer from open trails, its hard to digest that a bowler coming from BCCI system with all the facilities and motivation in his early 20s bowling sub 135 that too when they just need to bowl 4 overs.

His balls didn't even get the kind of seem Pandya was getting even at those low speeds.  Not sure if at his height he will be able to get any bounce and if you minus the pace that's just club level/weekend cricket level bowling 

only reason why He got wickets ( 4) was that batsman could not hit hardik and wanted to target him and attacked him carelessly. 

i see that batsman tried to target him but he was a bit smart and bowled accurately and so got lots of wickets.