Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Bumrah has bowled well apart from those 2-3 overs when he was trying too many things. He just needs to keep it simple at his pace. He is 24 and he will be at his peak in terms of place between 24-26. Wish he could increase his run-up a bit to reduce the stress on his body.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Bumrah has bowled well apart from those 2-3 overs when he was trying too many things. He just needs to keep it simple at his pace. He is 24 and he will be at his peak in terms of place between 24-26. 

Pacers seem to bowl at their quickest between 24 and 29

Nice 6 years ahead of him hopefully

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, New guy said:

In the end, the end result is that our 4 seam bowlers took 1 wicket combined in an entire day

I am sure you are disappointed BK not being picked but after seeing the days plays, I would not say it is the worst decision on this pitch. Dont think even BK could have made much of a difference on this pitch. Only thing is I would have like a second spinner here for Shami.

19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I am sure you are disappointed BK not being picked but after seeing the days plays, I would not say it is the worst decision on this pitch. Dont think even BK could have made much of a difference on this pitch. Only thing is I would have like a second spinner here for Shami.

He may or he may  not....the fact is you don’t drop the best fast bowler in your team.

22 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

That doesn't matter. You don't drop the best bowler in the team especially when he can bat better than most of our top order. This is a baffling decision.

34 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

4 seamers picked up 1 wicket. If BK had picked up even one single wicket he would have done better than Shami and Bumrah and on par with Ishant. I can gaurantee he would have picked up Elgar early as he makes the batsmen play more.

You can keep saying and speculating BK does not make differences on such pitches without trying him while we KNOW that bowlers like Ishant definitely don't make a difference on such pitches 100% even after playing for years. So you are playing known failures instead of someone who you think might fail

Edited by New guy
11 minutes ago, maniac said:

He may or he may  not....the fact is you don’t drop the best fast bowler in your team.

Sure i wouldn't have but i am talking about Kohli's method. Not the first time he has done it. BK mostly played on green tops. This wasn't. They thought it would have some pace and bounce but it turned to be more placid. If i had to drop, i would have dropped Shami today, not BK.

1 minute ago, New guy said:

4 seamers picked up 1 wicket. If BK had picked up even one single wicket he would have done better than Shami and Bumrah and on par with Ishant. I can gaurantee he would have picked up Elgar early as he makes the batsmen play more.

You can keep saying and speculating BK does not make differences on such pitches without trying him while we KNOW that bowlers like Ishant definitely don't make a difference on such pitches 100% even after playing for years. So you are playing known failures instead of someone who you think might fail

I wouldn't have dropped him at all if i was captain. He is the most reliable fast bowler in this team, IMO. I would have dropped Shami.

On 1/14/2018 at 1:23 PM, express bowling said:

Nagarkoti 

Fastest    149 k

Average  144 k

Mavi

Fastest    145 k

Average  142 k

Fastest ball by Australians   140 k

Moody saying that young U19 Australian batters not used to playing this kind of high pace of 145 k+.

Sweet sweet words to my ears

Edited by express bowling
6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nagarkoti 

Fastest    149 k

Average  143 k

Mavi

Fastest    145 k

Average  142 k

Also the average speed calculation seems to follow the traditional average computation. They should remove the slow ball outliers and do the average. In my view he's 145+ on average