Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Very happy with the way our 4 fast bowlers bowled in the 2nd innings.

The pitch had help for pacers but bundling out the opposition for only 130 in their home conditions is not easy.

The discipline with which we bowled was really good ..... most balls on or just outside the off-stump ..... with bounce and seam movement.  I wanted to see this discipline.  

No one released the pressure from their end.     Way to go      :nice:

Bumrah, Pandya and Bhuvi bowled at their full pace ......  only improvement needed is Shami bowling at his normal pace of 135 k to 145 k / 147 k.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Rasgulla said:

How phasttt did philander bowl ? HE got 6 wics in 2nd innings.. :Giggity:

if i have to select one bowler in african attack i will pick kagiso rabada...he may not have picked 6 wickets but he will suceed in all tracks ..even on patta indian tracks and on every track , where as vernon is a bit like ravi chandra ashwin on an indian Spinning track..he is kinda assured of taking 6 to 10 wickets in a test match as pitch turns...i wanna see him bowl on a lil flatter wicket against kohli,dhawan and even rohit..these guys will hit him till the cows return home.

i do say that rohit is not a test batsman and he should not be played in a test as his odi skills will get diminished because of this.

i was surprised to see pujara getting out today as i believed that he would take us to a win.

Batsman like pujara have helped india big in tests earlier.

getting 8 wickets for 65 runs and getting india back..indian batsman messed a big opportunity to win today.

to score 200 on this wicket was difficult but with just 3 pacers it was definitely possible.

kohli ,rohit ,vijay ,dhawan,pandya and even saha played wrong strokes and did not apply themselves to the best of their capability.

some of these players should have attacked too..

ashwin played well, bhuvi played well. i seriously think bhuvi should be sent in as a night watchman at no 4 and kind of tire some of their bowlers ,,shastri could have tried some trick like these , when the ball was 40 overs old, we had no batsman to bat...rohit or kohili ..if they are around when the ball is a bit old , they can fetch a lot of runs.

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

Lot of quick bouncers :thumbsup: 

How old is the kid and which team does he play for? 

he just turned 17, plays for UP. He was the top wicket taking fast bowler in U16 3-day tournament with 49 wickets in 7 games and the second highest wicket taker among pacers had 20 wickets. that huge the gap was.  he has something special about him. He made his Ranji debut at the age of 16 this season.