BCCI terminates Harsha Bhogle's commentary contract for IPL 2016

StriKe

When two teams play, you have commentators to get perspectives from both sides, so, I do not understand this being unbiased shit. Even a commentator represents his country when his team plays and is bound be biased. I do not see anything wrong with this. This is the reason I dislike likes of Manju who try to be diplomatic and sucker all the time.

Commentators are supposed to commentate, not be *****ing fanboys. But unfortunately that's where commentary seems to be heading. The worst are the Australian bunch (channel 9) and the Bangladeshis. The Indian bunch are more neutral when you compare them, but they're usually completely bland and not particularly insightful. Harsha at least comes across as intelligent, but when you hear the others, you wonder how this guy managed to cross the road on his own.

I just ask that commentators be themselves. Some are best at being biased cheerleaders (Sehwag). Others are great at being objective (Benaud). But be yourself. 

The problem is that the BCCI doesn't let commentators be themselves. 

20 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I don't know the details, but I find Harsha Bhogle extremely annoying. I just can't stand people who talk with a nasal twang.

Harsha is a member of that club. Along with Sridevi and Himesh Reshamiya.

Sridevi and Himesh could commit suicide for being compared to Harsha. Those two are actually good in their respective fields.

12 hours ago, PBN said:

Very unprofessional way to sack Harsha Bhogle in my opinion.  Here's his views on facebook:

Do you think he reads tweets directed towards him? I sometime tweet my thoughts @ bhogleharsha.

(Only time I ever login to tweet is for Harsha )

Edited by randomGuy

to be honest, Harsha is he only Indian commentator i can stand.....

Now that Ravi shastri is no longer commentating, i have to stand commentary of sanjay, gavaskar, VVS and others...

I know he is not the best but he is the best available in india

14 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Sridevi and Himesh could commit suicide for being compared to Harsha. Those two are actually good in their respective fields.

Himesh is good at making a hybrid nasal and braying cacophony. Unless you consider that 'his field', I don't know what you are talking about.

16 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Himesh is good at making a hybrid nasal and braying cacophony. Unless you consider that 'his field', I don't know what you are talking about.

Himesh is a blockbuster music director and he is not nasal anymore. listen to his songs from Sanam teri kasam and tera suroor. Anyway, his singing might be nasal but his music credentials cannot be taken away.

Edited by rkt.india

Amitabh B has been acting like a juvenile on twitter when it comes to his tweets regarding cricket.

His response to Flintoff's tweet was just stupid .

Someone bigs up a player of their country in a silly tweet and this guy goes around"Jad se ukhad dala ,jad se ukhad dala' for a week .A man of his age and experience shouting Jad se ukhad dala ,referring to Joe Root  is so immature. Joe Root was not the one making the comment .Besides Root is a big player in his own right. How is showing him down making A B look better.Don't act like a twelve year old  boy man.

Harsha Bhogle should stop acting like a victim too. He was not given an IPL contract for this year. So...??

Is it his right to be given a contract for everything related to cricket everywhere. He is present everywhere...every series.Others change but he is always there.

It is not a Sarkari Naukari man. 

We all needed a break from him.He needs the break too. Maybe he will think about what has gone wrong with his commentary lately.

6 hours ago, radhika said:

Amitabh B has been acting like a juvenile on twitter when it comes to his tweets regarding cricket.

His response to Flintoff's tweet was just stupid .

Someone bigs up a player of their country in a silly tweet and this guy goes around"Jad se ukhad dala ,jad se ukhad dala' for a week .A man of his age and experience shouting Jad se ukhad dala ,referring to Joe Root  is so immature. Joe Root was not the one making the comment .Besides Root is a big player in his own right. How is showing him down making A B look better.Don't act like a twelve year old  boy man.

lol AB has been caught in the web of twitter.  recently he retweeted to Abhishek Bachan saying, you can work harder and reach 20 million twitter followers like him :hysterical:

I am not a big fan of Harsha. He was medicure commentator , some day good , some day bad.

But when he pronounce name of "Soumya Sarkar" in wanna be bengali style, I really want to punch him on his face so hard. It cringed me like when DESI trying to become Aafro.  other than that no issue with him. A good guy.

When two teams play, you have commentators to get perspectives from both sides, so, I do not understand this being unbiased shit. Even a commentator represents his country when his team plays and is bound be biased. I do not see anything wrong with this. This is the reason I dislike likes of Manju who try to be diplomatic and sucker all the time.

Commentators are supposed to provide objective analysis, not represent their teams. They are paid to provide refined viewpoints, else any fan can do their job.

Even cricinfo commentators are hired after going through tests to determine whether their commentary is unbiased.

4 hours ago, moniker said:

Commentators are supposed to provide objective analysis, not represent their teams. They are paid to provide refined viewpoints, else any fan can do their job.

Even cricinfo commentators are hired after going through tests to determine whether their commentary is unbiased.

Not really. If that was the case, there was no need to have commentators from both the teams playing. They are picked to give perspective from sides. Yes, objective analysis is okay but there will always be some bias towards the country. Accept Indians who try to be too diplomatic, pick commentators from any other country, they are biased.

When it comes to Harsha (wtf, the name should be Harsh), biased/unbiased commentary doesn't matter.

It is about talking too much, not shutting up for a moment, the fakeness of his laughter, the fakeness of his gestures, voice and comments. Coupled with the fact that he is thin and physically weak ( this factor would not matter if he was any good at his job of commentary).

Doesn't he ever hear his own commentary to get an idea of how bad he is?

And why the hell are people defending him here?

Edited by randomGuy

6 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

When it comes to Harsha (wtf, the name should be Harsh), biased/unbiased commentary doesn't matter.

It is about talking too much, not shutting up for a moment, the fakeness of his laughter, the fakeness of his gestures, voice and comments. Coupled with the fact that he is thin and physically weak ( this factor would not matter if he was any good at his job of commentary).

Doesn't he ever hear his own commentary to get an idea of how bad he is?

And why the hell are people defending him here?

I think people are defending him because some feel he was wronged by the BCCI- regardless of his abilities as a commentator. 

I too am not a fan of Harsha commentary. But I am also not all that sure if he was wronged. The guy has very much part of BCCI's evil empire and sold his soul long time ago. 

I have nothing against Amitabh Bachhan's tweets, he has the freedom to voice his opinion like every other citizen in this world. I don't think Bhaagle's contract was cancelled taking Bachhan's and Dhoni's tweets into consideration.

32 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I have nothing against Amitabh Bachhan's tweets, he has the freedom to voice his opinion like every other citizen in this world. I don't think Bhaagle's contract was cancelled taking Bachhan's and Dhoni's tweets into consideration.

What did Dhoni say ?