Most boring IPL ever?

sourab10forever

As the tournament has progressed it has become more interesting. There are competitive matches and it is good to see some balance between bat and ball.

T20 fatigue is definitely there as India had been playing T20s for last 3 months. I am enjoying it :dance: 

28 minutes ago, Debutant said:

As the tournament has progressed it has become more interesting. There are competitive matches and it is good to see some balance between bat and ball.

T20 fatigue is definitely there as India had been playing T20s for last 3 months. I am enjoying it :dance: 

IPL is defiantly interesting no doubt but the question is that is it the worst compared to all other seasons?

5 hours ago, New guy said:

On the contrary, as the tournament goes, the matches have become closer and more interesting. This is one of the most closely contested IPLs ever

Closely contested probably, but that is because most of the teams are quite poor. 

The top 4 teams in IPL 5 or 6 would easily beat the top 4 teams in IPL 9 in 7 games out of 10, if one could arrange for such a hypothetical game.

But the games between the bottom 4 sides in the two IPLs in contention would be more close contests.

Looking forward to the next Intl tour... Guess we have a Zim tour up next.. Customary rest for senior players and time to see new players...

Vijay, Pandey, Saha, DK, Karun, Sran will surely be in the mix  :cheer:...

Who else? Uthappa / Rayudu / Rahane?

This is supposed to be an international congregation of fine cricketers from all over but I prefer to see some young, unknown Indian player do well than to see a star overseas player do well. I saw a match recently where the young Indian batsmen were just taking a single and giving the strike to an international star batsman who did the bulk of the scoring and won them the match. It felt so monotonous, unexciting.

Lack of superstars and no CSK. I hated that team but they had very interesting and fanatic fans.

Got to give it to them. Without csk and to a certain extent RCB , ipl is boring.

CSK fans are chickens when thier team doesn't do well...no wonder they are called Chicken SuSu kings here... but that's interesting though why fans run away when thier team loses and boasts big when team wins :rofl:

1st half of IPL was boring but second half has been more exciting with lots of close finishes

but Tv production has been poor, but I think one reason for poor quality or boring is lots of Int stars been failing/not in starting XI/injured/ not taking part:

Gayle, Samuels, Miller, Maxwell, Steyn, Johnsen, Starc, Dhawan, Raina, Ashwin, McCullum, Ross Taylor, Guptill, Rabada, Jason Roy, Root, Badree

And too many past it Indian players playing: Yuvraj, Praveen Kumar, Zaheer, Bhatia, Binny, Bhajji    

just going by official ICC World T20 team of the tournament, nearly 5 players aren't even playing in this year's IPL!

1. Jason Roy (England)

2. Quinton de Kock (South Africa, wicketkeeper)

3. Virat Kohli (India, captain)

4.Joe Root (England)

5. Jos Buttler (England)

6. Shane Watson (Australia)

7. Andre Russell (West Indies)

8. Mitchell Santner (New Zealand)

9. David Willey (England)

10.Samuel Badree (West Indies)

11. Ashish Nehra (India)

34 minutes ago, chewy said:

just going by official ICC World T20 team of the tournament, nearly 5 players aren't even playing in this year's IPL!

1. Jason Roy (England)

2. Quinton de Kock (South Africa, wicketkeeper)

3. Virat Kohli (India, captain)

4.Joe Root (England)

5. Jos Buttler (England)

6. Shane Watson (Australia)

7. Andre Russell (West Indies)

8. Mitchell Santner (New Zealand)

9. David Willey (England)

10.Samuel Badree (West Indies)

11. Ashish Nehra (India)

Hmm...Roy should have been there. Root did not want to play himself. Badree was injured otherwise would have been a permanent member of the side. IMO Santer is a Okish player who had an amazing WT20. David Willy should have been picked over Jordan.