What is Ishant Sharma's role in the team?

Texan

I see no Point of him atleast on Indian Pitches, HE never gives me impression that he will get a wicket. I can't believe how we are putting with him for this long. It is time we introduce someone new who is showing some potential in domestic cricket. Ishant is never going to Improve anyways. 

4 minutes ago, laaloo said:

It's time to move on. Enough of this unlucky crap. Play Bhuvi over this guy next match.

He was indeed unlucky in the last match. Moreover, Indian team has invested a lot on him playing 77 matches already (including this). It is not worth loosing him particularly for the upcoming away tour.
Yes, if he does not pick himself up in the next away tours, that could be "bye-bye" Indian test career for Ishant Sharma. But as of today, he is still valuable. 

22 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

Umesh has also been persisted along with him and he is taking wickets. You cannot just be a containing kind of a bowler in a four man attack. 

Umesh averaging 22 this series. Even in Last series, if fielders had taken their catches, he would have had far better returns than he actually ended up with.

Ishant has been bowling well without much reward.He has tinkered with his action far too much.I still feel bowling with an angle will help him immensely like he did when he was successful in his early days.It will make the ball which keeps its line potent.His pace has been good but he is bowling too close to stumps.

3 minutes ago, CG said:

Ishant has been bowling well without much reward.He has tinkered with his action far too much.I still feel bowling with an angle will help him immensely like he did when he was successful in his early days.It will make the ball which keeps its line potent.His pace has been good but he is bowling too close to stumps.

We have been hearing this from day 1 of his career from 2008

Edited by rahulrulezz
We have been hearing this from day 1 of his career from 2008

If you remember he won us the series vs Australia in India in 2008.His performance in that series was one of the best bowling performances by a fast bowler in India.He has underperformee after that due to his own fault of changing his action . Hopefully some one can correct his flaws.