Anurag Thakur refusal to let India play Cricket with Pakistan draws sharp reaction from Pakistanis

14 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Really sad. Has there ever been peace between India and Pakistan before? All I hear as Bangldeshi most of the time is both countries can't stand each other. Can someone tell me when in history both countries got along well? 

Its over keyboard only, otherwise in reality:

Pakistan-Vs-India-Cricket-Fans-Picture.j

473013-IndiaPHOTOAFPFILE-1354215730-476-

Pakistan-and-India-supporters-pose-with-

india-pakistan-cricket-fan.jpg

260174,xcitefun-pakindiafansap-608x325.j

2 hours ago, Asim said:

Its over keyboard only, otherwise in reality:

Pakistan-Vs-India-Cricket-Fans-Picture.j

473013-IndiaPHOTOAFPFILE-1354215730-476-

Pakistan-and-India-supporters-pose-with-

india-pakistan-cricket-fan.jpg

260174,xcitefun-pakindiafansap-608x325.j

Non resident folks or people who work with each other or are actually pals / folks who stand for a cheesy selfi in the sidelines of a game does not prove camaraderie between two nations. I have some pak origin folks whom i could call friends and actually like their company does not mean i like pakistan, sure same goes for you.

Problem is territory, land is a finite resource. Pak wants more from India, looses what is already has to China, this is unsustainable. 

Imagine a demilitarized border no terrorism, India is part of central asia oil pipeline along with pak, pak has no existential threat and people there are rich there is tourism in every province. Kashmir is free and has porous borders with both the countries as an independent entity. The fact that this does not exist or is not even feasible at this point is because we are so much worse as people when compared to Europeans for instance. They have boundaries too but no soldiers eye ball to eye ball or cross border asymmetric war. 

7 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Was an Army officer ? :cantstop:

He only joined Territorial army couple of months back after becoming BCCI chief lol

Didn't know that Lol....in the interview the way he said my grandfather and great grandfather were all army men I thought he must have been an army guy right from the start :cantstop:

On 10/4/2016 at 2:46 AM, Asim said:

all these 'emotions' gets faded away when its a matter of 2 points in ICC tournaments... There it becomes Historic and most awaiting match ever...

If its such a principle stand, should b a heck with 2 points and say NO to play vs Pak Anywhere Ever... No matter what

You guy do not get it.The principle here is  not helping PCB financially when Pakistan is ruing India.Why should India or BCCI help Pakistan board by playing in a bilateral series where the money goes to PCB. It will play them if needed in ICC tournament since it is helping ICC.

Why should BCCI hurt Indian team by not playing Pakistan in ICC tournaments and give away guaranteed two points.

Guys like Miandad or any Pakistani can be all jingoistic all they want but reality is PCB needs BCCI  to bail them out soon otherwise it will cease to exist as a cricketing power.

44 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You guy do not get it.The principle here is  not helping PCB financially when Pakistan is ruing India.Why should India or BCCI help Pakistan board by playing in a bilateral series where the money goes to PCB. It will play them if needed in ICC tournament since it is helping ICC.

Why should BCCI hurt Indian team by not playing Pakistan in ICC tournaments and give away guaranteed two points.

Guys like Miandad or any Pakistani can be all jingoistic all they want but reality is PCB needs BCCI  to bail them out soon otherwise it will cease to exist as a cricketing power.

^ I read this point like 10 times... my point remains same: lets say its my country;Pak DECIDE to NOT PLAY vs some XYZ country for the reasons which according to me, my nation, my board and my country directly effects my emotions, my national pride and integrity... and we whole nation take a principle stand to cut-off every sporting ties with that particular country and NEVER face them again (at least untill blah blah happens)...

Now if we've made our claims this high and associated our national pride directly with that, I will chose not playing that particular team NO MATTER WHAT, be it T20, be it Asia/ICC, be it a WC Final let alone calling that match most Historic, Best match ever etc etc

but I do understand the point all of u making too: why to offer our dushman 2 points, so lets put national principle stand and all those claims about emotions, martyr, terrorism, goli, Loc etc etc aside for couple of days and lets have fun with most historic match ever...

^ I read this point like 10 times... my point remains same: lets say its my country;Pak DECIDE to NOT PLAY vs some XYZ country for the reasons which according to me, my nation, my board and my country directly effects my emotions, my national pride and integrity... and we whole nation take a principle stand to cut-off every sporting ties with that particular country and NEVER face them again (at least untill blah blah happens)...

Now if we've made our claims this high and associated our national pride directly with that, I will chose not playing that particular team NO MATTER WHAT, be it T20, be it Asia/ICC, be it a WC Final let alone calling that match most Historic, Best match ever etc etc

but I do understand the point all of u making too: why to offer our dushman 2 points, so lets put national principle stand and all those claims about emotions, martyr, terrorism, goli, Loc etc etc aside for couple of days and lets have fun with most historic match ever...

You still don't get the economics of it .

12 minutes ago, Asim said:

You are still not getting it, USA had sanctions against Cuba but it did not stop US athletes to compete against Cuban athletes in Olympics.

USA wanted to hurt Cuba financially so it did not entertain anything which  directly profited Cuba in any manner but  US did not hurt their athletes chances by forfeiting the matches in international events like Olympics.It does not mean they are sacrificing national pride .

Hurting PCB financially accomplishes more to both BCCI and India in this matter.If anyone from Pakistan equates terrorism to politics their heads need to be examined.

There is room for talk and negotiation in politics but not in terrorism get that point?

10 minutes ago, CG said:

You still don't get the economics of it .

No point. Pakistanis are hell bent to play a series against India since  some prodigal son has returned. Problem is they dont get the concept that Sports is NOT war. A bilateral series as precondition requires friendly or atleast neutral relations.

In past few years, Pakistan hasn't been all shining in ICC events too and a India Pak match has been a money making excercise for tournament organiser. India has already taken a stand on that too.

We only play Pakistan when its absolutely necessary. But we dont play a Home series against pakistan.

Chk England's stance against Zimbabwe

How does avoiding Pakistan in a world cup final(for ex) hurt Pakistan ?

Indian fans don't to play Pakistan in bilateral series because it can benefit Pakistan economically.

It's that simple.

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

How does avoiding Pakistan in a world cup final(for ex) hurt Pakistan ?

Indian fans don't to play Pakistan in bilateral series because it can benefit Pakistan economically.

It's that simple.

It doesn't.  But that's all Pak fans have to hang their hat on.  As it is, they make claims that India is "scared" to play against Pakistan, nevermind the one-sided record in World tournaments.  Imagine how much more  baseless machismo they would spout if we avoided playing them in ICC tournaments instead of dishing out beat-downs.  

Nawaz Sharif is making right moves for enquiry into panthankot incident. Looks like he also asked his miLitary to sincerely fight against terrorism....

At last he is making correct m and right noises.

Resuming cricket could be around the corner

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk