Should Rishabh Pant be fast-tracked into the Indian Test team?

maniac

10 hours ago, maniac said:

Guy had been mishandled...should have been a regular by now and given a long rope...instead has been put in situations to fail.

In tests? Whatever happened to cricket acumen 101. If Pant starts playing tests, it will be another “Dhoni mistake”. Hope he proves me wrong.

You can try but not as a keeper. Keeping in test is different game altogether. 

He certainly can't do worse than Rohit Sharma and if Rohit can be given chance in test team then we can do the same with pant. 

But first thing first, play him in ODIs please. 

If we kick Dhoni out, Kohli bhai will lose matches.
Kohli bhai can't think about playing LoIs without Dhoni dadu.
Match harne se Kohli bhai ka brand value decrease ho jayega.
Aur Kohli bhai ka revenue mein decrease Sajdeh aur Anushka Bhabi ko tolerate nahi hoga .
So Dhoni Dadu gets to stay till Kohli Bhai is the captain

And when Dadu will finally decide hang his gloves , Pant will be old enough and there will be some other options to be the keeper

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the formats in which he could be tried are the ones which Dhoni plays. Also considering the fact that Rayudu, DK, Jadhav, Manish Pandey all are there in shorter formats as middle order batsmen & DK as 2nd choice keeper after Dhoni, I don't see his chance at least till WC19.

In tests, Saha is doing the job wonderfully with the gloves. His batting needs to step up overseas though. Atm making Pant face the red cherry would be a blunder imo. Let him first find a spot in ODIs first, his time will also come if he performs well, let the process not be hastened.