Trump is President

Texan

The unbearable smugness of the press

Written by a CBS columnist.  Excerpt

Our theme now should be humility. We must become more impartial, not less so. We have to abandon our easy culture of tantrums and recrimination. We have to stop writing these know-it-all, 140-character sermons on social media and admit that, as a class, journalists have a shamefully limited understanding of the country we cover.

What’s worse, we don’t make much of an effort to really understand, and with too few exceptions, treat the economic grievances of Middle America like they’re some sort of punchline. Sometimes quite literally so, such as when reporters tweet out a photo of racist-looking Trump supporters and jokingly suggest that they must be upset about free trade or low wages.

We have to fix this, and the broken reasoning behind it. There’s a fleeting fun to gang-ups and groupthink. But it’s not worth what we are losing in the process. 

By insulting working class, especially rural, folks by calling them all racist idiots for 8 years, the liberal elites and the press got exactly what they deserved - an arrogant outsider who gave these people a voice.  

2 hours ago, Texan said:

I may have missed this part but why was Hillary going to be bad news for India?

In the simplest of terms, she is Jihad-pasand, thereby making her Pak-pasand. Huma Abedin's family, who happens to be Hillary's close aide and was in line to become the chief of staff, has links with the Muslim Brotherhood and Saudis.

Not only that, HRC is also good friends with Sonia Gandhi. Her time as SoS saw a surge in Western funded NGOs in India who, by and large, have and continue to sabotage developmental projects in India.

HRC was also at the forefront with regards to banning CM Modi's US visa in order to malign his international image.

Three big strikes in my book. 

8 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

In the simplest of terms, she is Jihad-pasand, thereby making her Pak-pasand. Huma Abedin's family, who happens to be Hillary's close aide and was in line to become the chief of staff, has links with the Muslim Brotherhood and Saudis.

Not only that, HRC is also good friends with Sonia Gandhi. Her time as SoS saw a surge in Western funded NGOs in India who, by and large, have and continue to sabotage developmental projects in India.

HRC was also at the forefront with regards to banning CM Modi's US visa in order to malign his international image.

Is Hillary-Sonia friendship actually something concretely evidenced ? 
What level of friends are they ? they are 'friend' friends ? Or just two political women who happened to click well together and have good rapport (which in itself is pretty bad too, i agree) ? 

Because if thats true, that kinda makes me feel a wee bit better as an Indian that Trumpy won. But don't get me wrong, if you live in North America, your goose might be getting cooked very soon...

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

What level of friends are they ? they are 'friend' friends ? Or just two political women who happened to click well together and have good rapport (which in itself is pretty bad too, i agree) ?

I'm not sure how cordial they are at a personal level but they are strategic allies. The National Advisory Council aka Sonia's Super Cabinet aka Jholachap HQ was the link between the two. All the NAC chelas served as messengers/enforcers.  

Edited by jalebi_bhai

3 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Good to know. Always thought of her as someone concealing a lot of lies with all those private email exchanges. Hope Trump will improve relations with India.

1991: Arkansas Gov and prez candidate Bill Clinton delivers foreign policy speech to interfere in "separatist efforts" in India & Yugoslavia

1992: Bill Clinton promises during his prez campaign that he will use Super 301, a law designed to impose trade sanctions impacting India

1992: US Trade Representative Carla Hills who turns out to be a Hillary Clinton supporter imposes trade sanctions on India under Super 301

1992: Joe Biden Amendment blocks sale of Russian Cryogenic engines to India

1993: Bill Clinton blocks sale of Cray Supercomputers to India

1993-94: Bill Clinton does not bother to appoint ambassador to India for more than a year in order to insult India

1994: Clinton's close friend and Assistant Secretary of State Robin Raphel says Kashmir should not be part of India

1994: Bill Clinton supports Pakistan on Kashmir and accuses India of human rights violations

1994: Bill Clinton admin declares Indian clothes fire hazard hurting Indian textile sector & destroying livelihoods of millions of families

1994: Bill Clinton targets Indian pharmaceutical industry for destruction by foisting TRIPS provisions as part of WTO

1994: Bill Clinton administration offers F-16 planes to Pakistan and Robin Raphel announces offer from Delhi  :frown: 

1995: Bill Clinton Appointee declares Indian scarves flammable and orders recall hurting Indian textile industry

1995: Bill Clinton administration foists bad Enron deal on India and forces Indian government to provide guarantees

1996: Bill Clinton sets up 'Advisory Committee on Religious Freedom Abroad' with and this Committee recommends creation of hate group USCIRF

1997: Bill Clinton's Asst Secy of State Robin Raphel announces their policy of opposing Russian collabrtn with India for electricity gen.

1998: Bill Clinton imposes sanctions on India

1998: Bill Clinton preaches to India on nuclear tests and simultaneously announces MFN status for China

1998: Bill Clinton's Secretary of State Madeleine Albright spews vitriol on India and calls India's actions "felony against the future."

1999: Bill Clinton tries to impose stringent labor standards on India tht would destroy Indian biz & eliminate competition for their cronies

2000: Clinton admin organizes hearing on "human rights violations" based on fabrications about violations of religious freedom in India.

2000: Bill Clinton visits Pakistan on India trip and thus equates India with Pakistan and confers legitimacy on Musharaff

2001: Hillary Clinton does not oppose Senate vote to remove sanctions on Pakistan

2001: USCIRF stereotypes Hindus as "serious violators of religious freedom" & demands that US govt ensure conversions be permitted in India

2005: Hillary Clinton causes outrage by calling for India to give up nuclear program and reconcile itself to non-proliferation treaty

2006: Hillary Clinton who is part of Senate India Caucus stabs India in back & votes YEA on 'killer amendment' to Indo-US Nuclear deal bill.

2007: Hillary Clinton booed when she defends Musharaff and attacks Obama for saying he would attack Pakistan and take out Osama bin Laden

2008: Hillary Clinton once again attacks Obama for promising to act against Pakistan for supporting terrorists

2009: Hillary Clinton backs talks with Taliban

2009-2012: Hillary Clinton carries on a get-Modi campaign against Narendra Modi

2012: Hillary Clinton declares 'religious freedom,' a euphemism for Christian proselytism (primarily in India), a foreign policy imperative

2013: Clinton Global Initiative partners with anti-Hindu evangelical Christian group World Vision

2014: Bill Clinton friend and former Assistant Secretary of State Robin Raphel investigated by FBI for spying for Pakistan

There is no scope for renegotiating India's place in status quo of Indian ocean region and Indian subcontinent with Hillary

https://storify.com/Kal_Chiron/anti-india-and-anti-hindu-record-of-clintons

Pretty long list I would say

HRC could be crooked, but to vote a bigot, xenophobic, inconsistent, party-hopper, flip-flopper and a man with absolutely zero public service experience  just to toe the party ticket is absolutely dangerous. I would choose a career politician over a rank outsider who is not even qualified to be a president. Apparently, all the qualifications you need to be a president is a penis (small hands will help). 

If Femi-nazis could tolerate misogyny , then they have no right to complain about not having equal pay or misogyny in the society. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dear-white-women-we-messed-this-up-election-2016_us_582341c9e4b0aac62488970e

Dear Fellow White Women: We F**ked This Up

After all the supposed progress we’ve made, painstakingly trying to change a white feminist movement into an intersectional one (and for that we have only the hard work of women of color to thank), white women didn’t show up to fight back against a man whose rhetoric and policies directly attack women of color, immigrant women, Muslim women, LGBTQ women and more. 

And the worst part is: By the end, he had come for you, too. For many it wasn’t enough when he came for Muslims, Latinos and Black people. The real “pearl clutch” was the “grab ‘em by the pussy” moment, one that threatened all women but specifically white women. All of a sudden, everyone was appalled, and the endorsements started dropping like flies ― as if, to paraphrase Maya Angelou, he hadn’t already shown us who he was. 

My Burnol moment, seriously butt-hurt. Anybody but Trump. He is absolutely shit. 

On 09/11/2016 at 4:08 PM, Muloghonto said:

1. Given that i just demonstrated that she is the most active senator of alltime in proposing bills to the senate, has 6 years Secretary of State position, she is the LAST person to be accused of dynastic behaviour, since she is the most qualified presidential candidate ever in terms of years spent at the centre and proposing policies.

2. Most rapists also have wives and daughters. What he said about women, is how he feels about women. A human would do, but a scum bucket of a human is reaching a bit low.

3. immigration was not an issue during Obama election & Obama is a guy. Never underestimate the power of misogyny in USA, in a way it reminds me a lot of India on how outwardly they say nice things about women but are deeply women-hating cultures for the most part ( in India it applies to mostly the non-north eastern cultures).

1. Lol, Your experience stuff. They say if experience was everything, Walls of Egyption pyramids would turned into marbles by now. Its incompetency is more important. For most, igniting a cold war is most dangerous . Its neither in interest of Americans nor rest of world. If it wasnt Putin claiming restrain, Erdogan has had done his bit on NATO behest. See how dangerously close world is to destruction just for the sake of few Arab Royals.

2. Again. Its a lewd remark which is immature unfitting to next president. But then Hillary too threatened that girl to save Clinton. Believe me, It made her look even worse than Trump. Her character came out more like House of Cards character Claire Underwood.

3. She spent more money on her campaign, She was in power. She had right resources. Media was on her side. She did beat Bernie in primaries, yet she tlost election because Trump was not as dangerous and double faced as Hillary.

Edited by mishra

17 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Because if thats true, that kinda makes me feel a wee bit better as an Indian that Trumpy won. But don't get me wrong, if you live in North America, your goose might be getting cooked very soon...

You should visit some Pakistani news sites. Will make you feel even better:yahoo:

23 hours ago, mishra said:

1. Lol, Your experience stuff. They say if experience was everything, Walls of Egyption pyramids would turned into marbles by now. Its incompetency is more important. For most, igniting a cold war is most dangerous . Its neither in interest of Americans nor rest of world. If it wasnt Putin claiming restrain, Erdogan has had done his bit on NATO behest. See how dangerously close world is to destruction just for the sake of few Arab Royals.

2. Again. Its a lewd remark which is immature unfitting to next president. But then Hillary too threatened that girl to save Clinton. Believe me, It made her look even worse than Trump. Her character came out more like House of Cards character Claire Underwood.

3. She spent more money on her campaign, She was in power. She had right resources. Media was on her side. She did beat Bernie in primaries, yet she tlost election because Trump was not as dangerous and double faced as Hillary.

Thats only if you  believe those woman who accuse Clinton and ignore the ones that accused Trump of misconduct. Its important to note that during this election cycle Nobody attacked the woman accusing Clinton of misconduct but on the flip side the ones that accused Trump were threatened by Trump personally when he said he was going to sue them after the election. Their was also a woman who claimed trump assaulted her when she was only 14 but backed off from giving her identity because she was overwhelmed by death threats. I am not saying Clinton is innocent and Trump is guilty but I find it odd that Trump fans are certain that he is innocent and Clinton is guilty (even though trump even admitted doing it on tape.)