Dhoni T20 Batting Strategy is Wrong!!

Have anyone noticed, once Yuvraj and Raina got out of the team dhoni started to get exposed more and more unless kohli supported him. Dhoni build his entire career on support of other batsman and still he is called a match winner. A lot of burden of winning the match from dhoni even in ODIs was taken away by great cameos by Raina and Yuvraj while dhoni coming into action only after a situation where it is our match to lose.

42 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Have anyone noticed, once Yuvraj and Raina got out of the team dhoni started to get exposed more and more unless kohli supported him. Dhoni build his entire career on support of other batsman and still he is called a match winner. A lot of burden of winning the match from dhoni even in ODIs was taken away by great cameos by Raina and Yuvraj while dhoni coming into action only after a situation where it is our match to lose.

Exactly!!

Actually  it was Raina who scored all the runs in IPL for CSK but Dhoni took all the credit. It was only two years back when Dhoni and Raina  seperated and we all know what happened. Pune  came last in the IPL under Dhoni's leadership with no help from Raina.  so it was actually Raina  who was winning the matches for Chennai not your Dhoni. Also, Raina's team Gujarat Lions qualified for the finals under Raina leadership but who will give him the credit

16 hours ago, Laaloo said:

If he joins CSK next year, we're going to have to endure his torturous and pathetic batting for a couple more years. Unfortunately we play Lanka next where he can get cheap scores that doesnt really affect the result and his PR chamchas will do the rest. Hope the South Africa T20s exposes him for the fraud he is in T20s.

Not many would give a toss if he's still playing for CSK or not. I really enjoy his misery when he's in oppsostion team, but its different scenario when he's included in he team that you support. 

15 hours ago, raki05 said:

How many times it needs to be exposed even during his good days, he was never able to win anything, his prsence as a player in playing 11 is even more tortorous than his presence was as captain.

I think his days as a captain was even more horrible, than the current situation. The complete control was in his hands back then. 

6 hours ago, Pollack said:

disagree about the odi part,dynamics of an odi game are different from t20 but  rest is absolutely right incontext of t20s, he now wants to play second fiddle to pandya and pandya failed in that game and hence got exposed.

19 hours ago, SK_IH said:

disagree about the odi part,dynamics of an odi game are different from t20 but  rest is absolutely right incontext of t20s, he now wants to play second fiddle to pandya and pandya failed in that game and hence got exposed.

It is true even in ODIs. As much you would like to believe, I am no blind hater of dhoni. Dhoni even in ODIs relied heavily on Yuvraj and Raina and anyone from top order who survived in matches where we were chasing a score. There is no denying that such a player who makes sure we do not lose a match once we are within reach of winning the match is also equally valuable. No one can do that better than dhoni. He is an ODI great. But honestly IMO he was no match winner who makes impossible or very difficult match possible. In fact in low scoring games he used to first make it difficult still not outside the grasp and then win it giving people a thriller :laugh:

8 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Op if you haven’t played cricket you will not know how good Dhoni’s batting is. My advise is to go play cricket.

I am an experienced club cricketer whho has been playing both 50 overs club cricket and t20 over club cricket from last 8 years. Know more about the game than you can only dream. 

23 hours ago, Pollack said:

It is true even in ODIs. As much you would like to believe, I am no blind hater of dhoni. Dhoni even in ODIs relied heavily on Yuvraj and Raina and anyone from top order who survived in matches where we were chasing a score. There is no denying that such a player who makes sure we do not lose a match once we are within reach of winning the match is also equally valuable. No one can do that better than dhoni. He is an ODI great. But honestly IMO he was no match winner who makes impossible or very difficult match possible. In fact in low scoring games he used to first make it difficult still not outside the grasp and then win it giving people a thriller :laugh:

yes, I think Dhoni specialized in targets <270.

On 07/11/2017 at 11:26 AM, Pollack said:

do you remember this game  ? :hehe:

16 needed from 2 overs .. 

13 needed in the last over .. ( easy game gone tough )

scored 13 in 4 balls in the last over like a boss :bandit: