Virender Sehwag slams Glenn Maxwell for IPL flop show as Kings XI Punjab captain

Ankit_sharma03

Not known to mince words, Virender Sehwag, the KXIP director of cricket operations, said after Rising Pune Supergiant won to seal the last playoff berth: “I’m very disappointed. I can say that none of the foreign players took responsibility and at least play 12 to 15 overs. Their role was at least one of the top four should bat for 12-15 overs, but none of the batsmen took responsibility.

“I think they were complaining that the wicket was a bit slow, but when you play international cricket so much, you should get used to playing on difficult or good wickets.”

Sehwag wasn’t impressed: “I think they’ll end up playing as much cricket as is their mentality. Perhaps they feel the T20 format is only for the entertainment bit and about fours and sixes…,” he said, adding: “The wicket wasn’t that bad that we were skittled for just 73 runs. Even if we would have made 120-130, we would have still been in the game. Our batsmen have been extremely irresponsible today.”

“We always knew when Maxwell fires, he can win the match on his own. But he didn’t fire in most games. That is a big disappointment, especially since he’s experienced, having played for Australia’s Test and ODI teams. He didn’t take the responsibility as a captain and didn’t perform for Kings XI Punjab,” Sehwag said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/ipl-2017/virender-sehwag-blasts-kings-xi-punjab-skipper-glenn-maxwell-after-ipl-ouster/story-ReaVaJD8Jg6N8UbExmevtL.html

Will sehwag take the responsibility for Ishant sharma

sehwag rips apart all the overseas players :hysterical:  Why did they bring in Morgan in the last game anyways?  Oh and forgot about bringing Ishant again and again.  And didn't even test any of the young guns sitting on the bench.  Think tank made a lot of dumb moves.  

Anyways, hilarious interview by Sehwag

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2017/content/story/1097822.html

Btw, KXIP won 4 out of 14 tosses..probably the lowest

Edited by PBN

He didn't "slam", just stated the obvious like how senior players did not take the responsibility etc.

Typical Indian media trying to make it masala.

What is the coach supposed to say when asked what went wrong? Should be sah "Seniors took the responsibilty and youngsters are to be blamed" ?And that everything is fine with the team and lets not worry? 

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

He didn't "slam", just stated the obvious like how senior players did not take the responsibility etc.

Typical Indian media trying to make it masala.

What is the coach supposed to say when asked what went wrong? Should be sah "Seniors took the responsibilty and youngsters are to be blamed" ?And that everything is fine with the team and lets not worry? 

Did you listen to his interview?  He roasted the players. check this out

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2017/content/story/1097822.html

Rightly slammed, how long will punjab fans have to deal with this mediocrity, these guys are playing for punjab for so many years, they either suck completely and end up last or they reach playoffs and then give a KLPD to the fans, absolute nonsense, the whole punjab team needs an overhaul including the owners, it was fun seeing preity in the beginning but now she's old and her (& other owners) decisions have always sucked.

5 minutes ago, PBN said:

Did you listen to his interview?  He roasted the players. check this out

Well thats good, still not slamming for me. Thats typical Veeu way of talking about players and the game. I bet he still trust same players to win it for him next time around as Guptill and Max are good t20 players, just that he is being straight up here that they "failed" and that cost them the game.

Such coaches are needed. You have to pump your players up. Such things said to juniors or under 19 players could be demoralising but when said to senior players, it usually always pumps them up.  So thats actually well said instead of saying usual things like "ya we just did not play well on big day and the opposition deserved it."

Like veeru has been mentoring them to bat responsibly.:p:

All we heard from him or about him was his 'ball dekho or maaro' type mentoring.He is also very proud of his type of cricket. 

Dekho maaro results in such failures sometimes.

Besides...what about dost  Ishant .

2 crore mein ek bhi wkt nahi :giggle:

Rightly slammed, how long will punjab fans have to deal with this mediocrity, these guys are playing for punjab for so many years, they either suck completely and end up last or they reach playoffs and then give a KLPD to the fans, absolute nonsense, the whole punjab team needs an overhaul including the owners, it was fun seeing preity in the beginning but now she's old and her (& other owners) decisions have always sucked.

How does Preity being old affect Punjab team? :hmmm:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk