Bring back Dhoni please

He's still active and playing for us. We shouldn't waste him as a player only. He won us the most titles than every indian captain combined.

I was never in favor of him stepping down. At the big stage, it really showed how he is being missed. Dhoni would have never gone with two spinners on a flattest track of the tournament and certainly not against the best (2nd best) side against spin. We had Shami and Yadav on the bench, who ripped apart this fluke Pakistani line up apart in 2015. My GOD, how can a sensible person not even have to be indian national can think and believe in Kohli as captain. Some things are never meant for.

When we will learn from our past mistakes ? We did try to make Sachin a good captain but he only delivered the worst time span of indian cricket. Then we went for Ganguly who saved us. You can be the GOAT but it doesn't mean you are GOAT in everything.

Kohli is a good batsman, that's it. Nothing more. Winning series against Sri Lanka and West Indies and home series against anyone isn't a big deal. Because the home pitches gives you the win 80% all the time. Real test comes against tough rivals and Kohli dare I say "suck" on the levels where only cool headed and true leaders can prevail and handle themselves. And we only have Dhoni right now who can do that.

I'd recommend BCCI to start grooming someone else for the future because we don't need a captain who embarrasses us by making silly mistakes in big games and in the media

6 minutes ago, Hyderabadi Tiger said:

He's still active and playing for us. We shouldn't waste him as a player only. He won us the most titles than every indian captain combined.

I was never in favor of him stepping down. At the big stage, it really showed how he is being missed. Dhoni would have never gone with two spinners on a flattest track of the tournament and certainly not against the best (2nd best) side against spin. We had Shami and Yadav on the bench, who ripped apart this fluke Pakistani line up apart in 2015. My GOD, how can a sensible person not even have to be indian national can think and believe in Kohli as captain. Some things are never meant for.

When we will learn from our past mistakes ? We did try to make Sachin a good captain but he only delivered the worst time span of indian cricket. Then we went for Ganguly who saved us. You can be the GOAT but it doesn't mean you are GOAT in everything.

Kohli is a good batsman, that's it. Nothing more. Winning series against Sri Lanka and West Indies and home series against anyone isn't a big deal. Because the home pitches gives you the win 80% all the time. Real test comes against tough rivals and Kohli dare I say "suck" on the levels where only cool headed and true leaders can prevail and handle themselves. And we only have Dhoni right now who can do that.

I'd recommend BCCI to start grooming someone else for the future because we don't need a captain who embarrasses us by making silly mistakes in big games and in the media

First of all dhoni himself stepped down from

captaincy. Secondly dhoni is nearing 36. Even if he is made captain he will play max 1-2 years . What will we gain by that even if we win a few under him  for next 1-2 years .

People need to be calm and give time to Kohli . If thibns dont work out then look elsewhere but for now give him atleast a year run and see how thibgs go

1 game is not enough to judge. Sarfaraz was also hammered for his decisions in the first game against India. 

6 minutes ago, Hyderabadi Tiger said:

you people don't see what I'm seeing, come 2019 india will be knocked out in QF max if Kohli is still leading us. The big stage (international level) isn't a class where you learn and graduate. You come here prepared and start going the job you are hired for

Yes we can see but no point going back now... Need a new captain. He will embrass us in 2019 prob will end up losing to pak for first time ever pak got that confidence and the push that they want now... They now know we are not invincibles 

53 minutes ago, Hyderabadi Tiger said:

you people don't see what I'm seeing, come 2019 india will be knocked out in QF max if Kohli is still leading us. The big stage (international level) isn't a class where you learn and graduate. You come here prepared and start going the job you are hired for

Didnt under dhoni we got knocked out from

Semi in 2015wc

Semi in 2016 t20 wc

Lost final in 2014 t20wc

Dhoni was a gr8 odi captain, u dnt get captains like them everyday. So the whole expectation from next captain  to win finals of icc tournament as only criteria is wrong. The captain before didnt win either. 

Dhoni himself as captain wasnt the same from few yrs. So whats the point of continuing with him on past. Every captain has a shelf life and he past it long back. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

No thanks. MS had his time. IF we replace Kohli, it should only be to make a split captaincy. 1 captain for Tests and 1 captain for limited overs.  

It would be difficult to replace Kohli though. We made it to the final of the CT and the big tournament is less than 2 years away in the same country. We will have to allow him to make changes to the team that he wants after learning from this loss. The only possible replacement would be Rohit, who has won the IPL title multiple times as captain and is one of our top 3 batsmen. Shikar didn't do well with captaincy when the Sunrisers gave it to him. 

Either way, Kohli is 99% going to be captain through the next WC barring injury.  

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Didnt under dhoni we got knocked out from

Semi in 2015wc

Semi in 2016 t20 wc

Lost final in 2014 t20wc

Dhoni was a gr8 odi captain, u dnt get captains like them everyday. So the whole expectation from next captain  to win finals of icc tournament as only criteria is wrong. The captain before didnt win either. 

Dhoni himself as captain wasnt the same from few yrs. So whats the point of continuing with him on past. Every captain has a shelf life and he past it long back. 

against good top quality sides - yes

Kohli humiliated us against a minnow level, B grad, 8th ranked Pakistan

2 hours ago, Hyderabadi Tiger said:

I understand where you are coming from and even though I loved Dhoni as a captain - the guy oozes leadership just like how Ganguly did, I am not sure if he's the way forward.  I can see him still as a part of the team but I think Gambhir could be the guy to lead India for the 2019 wc