What is Kohli's prejudice towards Rishabh Pant?

Just now, sandeep said:

If Pant has the goods, he'll get through.  Hardik Pandya made it in through the T20 route.  

Pandya was dropped after Wt20 iirc...even though he "technically" won that famous game against Bangladesh in Wt20,people still thought he was raw and not that impressive.

His ODI performances against Nzl is what kind of stabilized him

If you are talking about IPL then sure Pant stood out in IPL as well but I am talking about international chances.

Just now, maniac said:

Pandya was dropped after Wt20 iirc...even though he "technically" won that famous game against Bangladesh in Wt20,people still thought he was raw and not that impressive.

His ODI performances against Nzl is what kind of stabilized him

If you are talking about IPL then sure Pant stood out in IPL as well but I am talking about international chances.

But he got those NZ ODI chances because of his T20 efforts.  Pant will hopefully do the same.  

@sandeep players like Pandya(both bros) Pant Samson will get more opportunities than the average domestic player because they are IPL stars...but they will get to show their mettle at T20 level .  For an allrounder it is relatively easier as if he fails with the bat he can pick up buckets of wickets in t20 format given the nature of the format. It is not that easy for a batsman to show what he has in that format.

Not making excuses already for a potential failure for Pant in T20...all I am saying is Odi format will give us a better idea if he really has it

Edited by maniac
2 minutes ago, maniac said:

all I am saying is Odi format will give us a better idea if he really has it

Agreed.  

I think you are overly anxious on Rishabh - he's been anointed as the first among the next keeper prospects, he will get his chance.   I'm more worried about Samson - I think he could be a quality ODI opener for us, and want him in the mix.   Samson, Shreyas Iyer, - these guys are the next 'quality' bats coming through IMO.  I would prefer to have them get chances sooner rather than later...

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Agreed.  

I think you are overly anxious on Rishabh - he's been anointed as the first among the next keeper prospects, he will get his chance.   I'm more worried about Samson - I think he could be a quality ODI opener for us, and want him in the mix.   Samson, Shreyas Iyer, - these guys are the next 'quality' bats coming through IMO.  I would prefer to have them get chances sooner rather than later...

I am not anxious, if he fails or succeeds it's totally on him to make the best of his opportunities. Just questioning the management if it is being done the right way...applies to any youngster. Samson to got opportunities in T20 in Zim but never in the scheme of things as there was nothing much for him to show.

28 minutes ago, mishra said:

I think next coach will put him in place

Shastri will arrange t20 matches in pubs and clubs for him.. Will give him massages and lick his feet if needed 

Only think he will put in his X in his mouth:p:

44 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

So far Kohli has played 

Nair

Jayant Yadav

Karn Sharma (Test debut)

He hasn't given a chance to 

Pant

Shardul Thakur

You could say he didn't give a chance to Kuldeep vs Aus. Part of the reason for the fallout with Kumble if rumours are to be believed.

5 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

You could say he didn't give a chance to Kuldeep vs Aus. Part of the reason for the fallout with Kumble if rumours are to be believed.

I forgot Kuldeep :phehe:

Yeah, Kuldeep got his debut under Rahane. 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So far the oldies that came back under kohli

Yuvi

Bhajji

GAmbhir 

karthik 

Parthiv ( chalo ye xample chodh diya)

To be fair, Yuvi DK, and Gambo all were part of the team under Dhoni as well. Yuvi makes a return to the team every ICC tournament, just like in the last WT20. Karthik played in CT 2013 and Gambo played in our last tour of England. 

Parthiv only came because Saha was injured. 

Bhajji is the only one that seems to really come out of nowhere during Kohli's captaincy.