Bhuvneswar Kumar 20 matches 17 wickets at avg of 54

Keep flashing your impatience and dare I say, ignorance on this thread.  Did you watch his new ball spell today? If Kuptaan "Aggressive" had read the pitch right and had a gully in place, Bhuvi takes a  wicket with the first ball.  Instead it went for 4.  And IIRC another couple of boundaries were pure misfields that should have been singles. Banjo too many fans are passing judgements on bowlers based on reading scorecards.    

THE BHUVI shall have the last laugh.   On any type of track, he's yards ahead of Yadav and Ishant for ODIs or T20s.   

Edited by sandeep
5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

bhuvi needs to keep his game up otherwise with so much competition he will lose his spot ,but today specifically he was very unlucky 

People just don't realize that scorecards never reflect the quality of bowling when it comes to bowlers.  Its not the same as runs for a batsman.  You could have one bowler bowling brilliantly with zero wickets, while his partner at the other end reaps the rewards, often off of average deliveries.   Not saying that this is what happened today - Bumrah was in a zone of his own today, bowled quality.   

18 minutes ago, sandeep said:

People just don't realize that scorecards never reflect the quality of bowling when it comes to bowlers.  Its not the same as runs for a batsman.  You could have one bowler bowling brilliantly with zero wickets, while his partner at the other end reaps the rewards, often off of average deliveries.   Not saying that this is what happened today - Bumrah was in a zone of his own today, bowled quality.   

i am a big fan of bhuvi but i dont think he is a favourite of virat so if he doesnt have numbers he may lose his spot 

21 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That is ok for 1 or 2 days, not for whole career.

Bhuvi is a bowler who has transformed himself in the last 12 months and added a bagful of new skills.

He started off as just a medium-paced swing bowler ....good in only certain conditions.

From late 2016 he has added pace, yorkers and ability to hit the deck hard resulting in improved bounce and  bouncers,

Has improved his ability to seam the ball and his ability to bowl slower balls.

Is developing his reverse swing.

But still retains his accuracy.

Trying to be a complete and all-condition pacer.

I am all in favour of supporting pacers who are trying to improve so much.... as it showcases his positive attitude.

I think he will start picking up wickets in ODIs once he is more used to his new bag of skills and knows when to use which.

I will give him 20 more ODIs before even starting to judge him..... provided he bowls with the same effort he is doing nowadays.

Edited by express bowling
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Bhuvi is a bowler who has transformed himself and added a bagful of new skills.

He started off as just a medium-paced swing bowler ....good in only certain conditions.

From late 2016 he has added pace, yorkers and ability to hit the deck hard resulting in improved bounce and  bouncers,

Has improved his ability to seam the ball and his ability to bowl slower balls.

Is developing his reverse swing.

But still retains his accuracy.

Trying to be a complete and all-condition pacer.

I am all in favour of supporting pacers who are trying to improve so much.... as it showcases his positive attitude.

I think he will start picking up wickets in ODIs once he is more used to his huge bag of skills.

I will give him 20 more ODIs before even starting to judge him..... provided he bowls with the same effort he is doing nowadays.

EB did you see him use the bouncer today?  Haven't seen him do that much earlier.  Clearly adding to his toolkit, and like you said, still figuring out how to make the most of it at the moment.   

I have no issues with people pointing out his flaws, or his lack of gaudy wicket numbers.  But to go as far as saying he's same as Ishant Sharma?  Come on now.   

I think he has the ability to take wickets but not trying to go for wickets as he does a decent job of being economical which will help restrict the opposition.

He has good control, has increased pace and can also get some swing and has also developed ability to hit the deck and bowl bouncers. But he is not trying anything different as long as he can stop runs. He has to attack more, push the captain to give him more attacking fields and look for wickets.

If a guy averages above 50 it is not the captain's fault . Neither is he unlucky .

He prefers playing the economical role in LOIs . Doesnt hit the attacking length enough . He is still a decent bowler though . Limited overs cricket is so hard for the swing bowlers these days . We have the likes of Sohail tanvir, rohit shrma and Sunil narine opening the batting with sucess 

Edited by the don
3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

EB did you see him use the bouncer today?  Haven't seen him do that much earlier.  Clearly adding to his toolkit, and like you said, still figuring out how to make the most of it at the moment.   

I have no issues with people pointing out his flaws, or his lack of gaudy wicket numbers.  But to go as far as saying he's same as Ishant Sharma?  Come on now.   

I have been pointing out his much improved bouncers from the test match against Bangladesh 2017.  He hit a batter on the helmet on a slow deck.  Then he hit Warner on the shoulder twice in the Dharamsala test 2017 and had the Aussies hopping along with Umesh.

His superb seam position adds an extra zip to his bouncers and hit-the-deck balls..... the same as Shami and Bumrah.

I am waiting for the time Bhuvi gets used to bowling these deliveries ..... he will be lethal along with Shami and Bumrah.  All 3 are accurate, zippy pacers who get the ball flying through.

1 minute ago, Mosher said:

BK has been bowling well but has been a bit unlucky. He bowled well in CT too. Both Bumrah and BK are forming a good pair in LOI's. But yes he should start picking up more wickets. 

You dont remain unlucky for whole career. This is just a BS excuse. Same thing was said about Ishant. 

Edited by NareshK