Multi Level Marketting menace !!!

velu

This happened Last week.

I was having filter coffee at a2b and one guy ( in semi formals , dressed like IT guy ) approached me.

He asked about my work and other stuff and we exchanged our numbers.

After 2 days he called me and asked whether i am interested in earning extra income without doing any serious work ,  i told him that i will be glad if i find any such opportunities ( thiught it could be recruitment for some pyramid scheme ).

Then we had a video call and it was more like a Q&A session for 30mins about finance , financial freedom and other crap ( i was abt to sleep ).

Thne he asked me to read the book 21st century business by robert kiyosaki  and summarise it for him in a weeks time to get into his business circuit as a screening procedure.

Told him that i am too busy for this crap and asked him to expalin the business plan in 2 minutes.

He told he will get back me after chcking with him boss.

Yesterday he messaged me in whatsapp saying that i failed to clear the criteria to get accepted into their circuit and blocked me. :mad: 

Anyone else have the same experience ?  

41 minutes ago, velu said:

This happened Last week.

I was having filter coffee at a2b and one guy ( in semi formals , dressed like IT guy ) approached me.

He asked about my work and other stuff and we exchanged our numbers.

After 2 days he called me and asked whether i am interested in earning extra income without doing any serious work ,  i told him that i will be glad if i find any such opportunities ( thiught it could be recruitment for some pyramid scheme ).

Then we had a video call and it was more like a Q&A session for 30mins about finance , financial freedom and other crap ( i was abt to sleep ).

Thne he asked me to read the book 21st century business by robert kiyosaki  and summarise it for him in a weeks time to get into his business circuit as a screening procedure.

Told him that i am too busy for this crap and asked him to expalin the business plan in 2 minutes.

He told he will get back me after chcking with him boss.

Yesterday he messaged me in whatsapp saying that i failed to clear the criteria to get accepted into their circuit and blocked me. :mad: 

Anyone else have the same experience ?  

I see that happen in the US a lot of times...you get these Amway guys mostly desis trying to get you into this pyramid scheme .

I Have made it a mission in my life to be a condescending assole to any of these type of people who approach me.

I ran into a childhood classmate of mine in the train in the US once, it was such a coincidence that it was too good to be true, I had to confirm by asking a lot of questions to make sure  it wasnt an Amway guy trying to con me lol.

Edited by maniac

@maniac  actually  this is not the first time that i encountered some pyramid guy ..

but this is  the first time someone asked me to read about some popular book abt business and other stuffs..

though  i heard abt "Rich dad , poor dad"  i never read the  book nor did i know anythung abotu the author.. 

initially i though that the guy might be an insider when he said about network circle ( we have banaglore traders group  to share the oublic info among us ) .. 

These fellows are cheats & those who know the truth after joining it conceal this fact. Further they make other people, strangers join it.

Few years back, my roommate was contacted by a pyramid guy & my roommate forced me to join a meeting in a 3 star hotel nearby. It was like a scene straight from "Wolf of wall street" minus the foul language and nudity, the organisers were behaving like crazy. 

The meet was organised by Speak Asia for broadening its base & we all know what happened to it. Glad we never joined after wasting couple of hours. 

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.timesofindia.com/city/mumbai/Speak-Asia-fraud-India-CEOs-wife-franchisee-held/amp_articleshow/54747011.cms

@velu

I had a similar exp in my first year of college. Couple of clg guys from this company called ebiz called me and asked me to come to a park to speak. They said they are from a company where they pay you to join a course and pay you to advertise that course to each contact of mine. They'll pay 8500 rs for each contact I bring. Like a tree or pyramid level hierarchy. They said while studying in college itself I could earn upto 2 crores and live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle. I could beat the rat race, by doing smart work, instead of hard work like others. They tried to convince me to pay on the spot and not to tell others because they'd discourage me etc. They said don't be bothered by the negative reviews u hear, since we are a successful company, there are haters everywhere etc. They started giving analogies like Ajith fans will always be vijay haters, etc. Since, I was snart and quite aware of these MLM schemes, I wasn't brainwashed to join them. 

Edited by I6MTW

13 hours ago, I6MTW said:

They said don't be bothered by the negative reviews u hear, since we are a successful company, there are haters everywhere etc. They started giving analogies like Ajith fans will always be vijay haters, etc. Since, I was snart and quite aware of these MLM schemes, I wasn't brainwashed to join them. 

this is quite absurd :lol:  

one of my junior colleague who was an automation tester resigned from samsung and was working full time for this qnet..

after 3 years of break he joined huawei recently .. probably learnt a big lesson 

My elder bro has warned me from his experiences with these guys. He said if your friend/coworker falls into this trap, he will cease to be your friend. I had plenty of experiences in the US where they make a beeline towards me in supermarket aisles and asking me if I wanted an additional income or something. See the thing in US is if somebody you don't know says hi you respond back in kind. That's totally not the concept in India where you get straight to business. They thought since I'm being nice, I may be susceptible to their schemes. After a while, I started being a d1ckhead to any unknown desi who tries to talk to me in the supermarket.

Once a woman with a child tried to talk to me. I have seen this woman before trying to market the scheme to me for which I politely said no before. This time she asked me if I could spare some time with her. I said no and kept moving on :laugh: This has happened countless times to me and other desis as well but these people never target non-desis. They see a desi like a tiger sees a deer. If they had talked to a non-desi, they would confront them verbally or sometimes even physically. Too much for a scheming rat :giggle:

Now my childhood friend and my cousin has fallen into this trap. These people have always been money hungry individuals right from the get go and asking me for money all the time. So I kept them at an arms length. My other friends have lent money to this friend 10 years ago and haven't seen it return yet. My mom lent money to her sister (said cousin's mom) and hasn't seen a penny back. I picked a pattern from these guys from an early age and can see such patterns from people I meet.

My friend tried to bullsh1t me with this MLM crap a few months ago. I looked him straight in his eyes and told him that this scheme is a fraud and stop BSing me before my other friend even before he started yapping. But he still chose to do his routine after which I told him this should be the last time he will speak to me about this otherwise our friendship will be affected. It already is but atleast we get together with other friends. the thing with these guys is they continue to market this even after you said a firm no. They are like zombies. But he hasn't brought this topic to me atleast. He continues to do so with my other friends even in my presence. I've told them (the ones who have lent money to this guy) to watch out for this guy and his schemes. They continue to be vigilant :cantstop:

@Real McCoy 

two/three days i met a guy in the park where i usually go for a walk .. comparatively young in IT and he used their tried and tested strategy , told me that he has 3 years exp in IT and have a high end car that he earned because of MLM which even his managers cant afford ..

he asked me about my car .. i told him that i dont even have a two wheeler driving license :p: 

later he started explaining  me about MLM pyramid   ..  i explained him little bit about perfect binary tree and told him when the tree height goes above 5/6 it covers entire population of BTM and if the tree height above 10/11 it covers the whole Bangalore (  both are wrong by a wide margin :p: )..

now i am seeing him everyday in the park , we both are little uncomfortable to see each other ..

he is trying to recruit people for indus via health products

https://indusviva.com/Public/default.aspx

Stop exchanging numbers with random people meeting on streets. After encountering 2 or 3 such guys with "Business" plans, I don't talk to people I don't know. Casual small talk only. In India, I have been approached by evangelists, people stuck in random cities and don't have money to go back home, people selling encyclopedia, etc.

3 hours ago, velu said:

@Real McCoy 

two/three days i met a guy in the park where i usually go for a walk .. comparatively young in IT and he used their tried and tested strategy , told me that he has 3 years exp in IT and have a high end car that he earned because of MLM which even his managers cant afford ..

he asked me about my car .. i told him that i dont even have a two wheeler driving license :p: 

later he started explaining  me about MLM pyramid   ..  i explained him little bit about perfect binary tree and told him when the tree height goes above 5/6 it covers entire population of BTM and if the tree height above 10/11 it covers the whole Bangalore (  both are wrong by a wide margin :p: )..

now i am seeing him everyday in the park , we both are little uncomfortable to see each other ..

he is trying to recruit people for indus via health products

https://indusviva.com/Public/default.aspx

You should have asked him if he has some high end car, why is he begging you to join his ponzi scheme in a park. Or you could have walked faster and made him huff anf puff while he recites his scheme. That would be hilarious :laugh:

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Stop exchanging numbers with random people meeting on streets. After encountering 2 or 3 such guys with "Business" plans, I don't talk to people I don't know. Casual small talk only. In India, I have been approached by evangelists, people stuck in random cities and don't have money to go back home, people selling encyclopedia, etc.

You know what is common with all these people. They are all scammers on some level. Agree with you on not exchanging numbers or any personal info

as long as there is a propensity to make a quick buck these schemes will continue to exist. Praying on the cognitively weak.

In the uk these people target recent graduates.  So when i was a recent graduate i got an email saying i had an interview for a job I did not apply for. It was a great job on paper well paying with promise of six figure salary in a few years.  I already had a job from campus but had not signed the dotted line. So i go there and alongside me there is a woman with zero educational background. The questions were very generic. I smelt a scam and that was that. Did not return for my "open day" after I "aced" my interview. A batch mate friend of mine attended the open day and apparently you had to pay a £1000 training fee.  The commission for the job was how many people you get to join the award winning "training".

I can understand these scam products like amazon berry juice or some crap like that indulge in these pyramid schemes but I actually did use a amway  product  once long time back- a shampoo because I felt bad for a friend who got caught up and bought a couple of products and thought they were  really good quality . I know few other people who have used their products too and said they were really good quality. I can’t believe why they just cant market their products like everyone else rather than these pyramid schemes.  

I mean the moment you hear the word amway it becomes a negative thing and you just run away.

:laugh: just while typing  that I used the product once and thought it was good made me feel like one of those amway douchebags