asterix

Mumbai Indians Fan Club - 2018

Who are in MI team management ? What were they thinking of taking JP Duminy in last few games and did not give bat or ball ?? And also, you can't also rely on Cutting as a main bowler. They were lucky to win last few matches with this team combo and still they persisted with it. 

3 hours ago, broken_wings said:

Who are in MI team management ? What were they thinking of taking JP Duminy in last few games and did not give bat or ball ?? And also, you can't also rely on Cutting as a main bowler. They were lucky to win last few matches with this team combo and still they persisted with it. 

exactly, they are playing with a team of 10 players

Excellent death bowling by Bumrah today.

He is getting back to his best.

Pollard another positive. He needs to be used as a floater who gets sometime to settle down.

Still wasting 2 slots of overseas players in Ben and Lewis as even two uncapped players would have done better than these two.

If Polly starts bowling in middle overs then Ben can be dropped and Duminy can make up for Rohit's form.

Excellent death bowling by Bumrah today.
He is getting back to his best.
Pollard another positive. He needs to be used as a floater who gets sometime to settle down.
Still wasting 2 slots of overseas players in Ben and Lewis as even two uncapped players would have done better than these two.
If Polly starts bowling in middle overs then Ben can be dropped and Duminy can make up for Rohit's form.

Yes Duminy can come in for Ben. I still feel Adam Milne needs to play in place of Mclaghanan...

1 hour ago, asterix said:

Markande will play all the matches. But I don’t see him picking any more wickets...

Even his body language is so negative. He doesn't attack anymore, but is more focused on saving runs. 

I think some time with Kumble should sort him out.

Bumrah!! From the scorecard, K11 could not get 20 of 10 

Game against Delhi could depend up on the toss as sides batting 2nd tend to have an advantage at Delhi. Would not make too many changes to the squad at this point. May be Chahar in for Markande. And Maine / Fizz in place of Lewis. I hope that Pollard would be consistent and has not played his 1 good innings of the tournament 

Surya

Kishan

Cuttings

Hardik

Krunal

Pollard

Rohit

McG

Maine / Fizz

Chahar

Bumrah 

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Who are they? I am here. :p:

pollard is match ka mujrim. Useless selection. Also sending Mayank ahead of Mustafizur was a wrong move. Mustafizur could atleast take singles. Mayank wasted them.

:icflove:

only you , maniac  and mariyam are  active irresptive of the state of your team :p:

to some extent @asterix dada who is busy in anti-jinxing mumabi and BJP :phehe:

rest  all are glory hunters 

Too many errors, but the key ones:

a) Spinners only bowled 4 overs

b) Promoted Pollard ahead of Krunal when spinners were bowling

c) The Markande promotion. I saw this guy bat for the first time and was surprised to see he could not put bat to ball. Should have been #10 or 11

Anyways, for next year, the team needs to get its 11 right. Now, I will go with the following: 

India: 

Surya

Kishan

Rohit

Krunal

Hardik

Bumrah 

Nathu Singh / Chahar 

Overseas:

Cuttings (power hitter role)

Cummins / strike bowler 

Bowler

Batsman / AR 

Cummins would be playing next year. Get someone like Nathu Singh. Chahar can be given opportunities 

Edited by zen

tbh, our auctions cost us this years IPL...

overdependent on Pandya Bros, missed out on alot of our good players to other teams - Rayudu, Buttler, Nitish Rana, Shreyas Gopal

2 hours ago, velu said:

:icflove:

only you , maniac  and mariyam are  active irresptive of the state of your team :p:

to some extent @asterix dada who is busy in anti-jinxing mumabi and BJP :phehe:

rest  all are glory hunters 

Maniac is a fake MI supporter. He is more of a Rohit supporter.

Mariyam wasn't very active like last year. Mariyammaji :whack:

No worries, next year duniya hila denge. :mi:

Just now, velu said:

and you guys were follwing your team by hiding from your basements :rotfl: 

A team banned 4 fixing can have proud supporters then why would MI fans be ashamed they are still defending champions just lost a couple more games happens. One team can't win every year.

3 minutes ago, Number said:

A team banned 4 fixing can have proud supporters then why would MI fans be ashamed they are still defending champions just lost a couple more games happens. One team can't win every year.

doesnt change the fact that you guys were hiding under the table for the whole series :phehe:

Edited by velu

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

Maniac is a fake MI supporter. He is more of a Rohit supporter.

Mariyam wasn't very active like last year. Mariyammaji :whack:

No worries, next year duniya hila denge. :mi:

Why do you say that?

I saw two games at the Wankhede, both of which were won my :mi: . I am almost here to troll the CSK trolls, especially after :mi: loses. That's the litmus test of a true fan. Always there when the team loses.

A mediocre team with mediocre owners/mentors/coaches/players/fans that had won 0 trophies in IPL until that point realised that they needed to do something different to win trophies. Something different they did - With the help of a Mumbai politician and Mumbai police they foisted a flimsy(but on technical grounds) on a relative(who did not have any say in the team decisions) of the owner of the most successful team of the IPL and built enormous pressure on the whole team and 'won' their first title ever by hook or crook. And they got the most successful team banned for 2 more years and generously helped themselves to more trophies while the champions were away. And the champions are back this season and guess what happened next - The champions made their habitual entry into the playoffs and the pretenders are out in the league round and now watching the champions play from outside the ring, where they truly belong! As they say, Class is permanent and Karma is a nasty bitch!!!

@AK007

You've cracked the same joke in many threads. Too bad, it wasn't funny even the first time around.

:mi: won two of its 3 trophies before CSK were banned. In fact the trophies came on the back of trashing that they handed down to CSK in the Finals of those IPL seasons. When CSK was banned ( and rightfully so),  :mi: won only 1 of the two seasons.

Guest, sign in to access all features.