Terrorism/cowardliness in Pak DNA?

cricketrulez

By all accounts to date, Paks have this penchant for justifying just about everything in the name of Islam, Kashmir and Palestine. This behavior doesn't even those not born in pakistan. In fact it is more virulent among those of pak origin born outside pak. More so in brit paks compared to US.

So it begs the question, is terrorism in pak DNA? or is it leaned and taught behavior?

It's the ideology, I always tend to view Abrahamic faiths as self imposing and self entitled, anything outside the holy lands of Jerusalem and Mecca are idolaters who deserved to be punished by the wrath of "all loving God". I wonder whether they ever thought as to why the "all loving God" would create different cultures/religions if he hated idolaters.

No offense to any ICFer muslim, christian or jew, that's just how I see it.

40 minutes ago, sandeep said:

By all accounts to date, generalizing about any group of people is usually a hallmark of prejudiced thinking.   So it begs the question, is it leaned (sic) and taught behavior?

Recognizing patterns of behavior in given group is a prerequisite for most jobs. I'm surprised you haven't recognized this among paks.

I haven't come across a singles instance where, Paks as individuals or media or governmental organization have ever condemned terrorist activity instigated by them. 

Prove me wrong.

13 minutes ago, cricketrulez said:

Recognizing patterns of behavior in given group is a prerequisite for most jobs. I'm surprised you haven't recognized this among paks.

No, its not. For most jobs, its direct-interview based.

What you are saying, is silly, baseless racism. 

If you think its in their DNA, provide evidence of said DNA from scholarly sources. Else, you are just being racist. 

13 minutes ago, cricketrulez said:

I haven't come across a singles instance where, Paks as individuals or media or governmental organization have ever condemned terrorist activity instigated by them. 

Prove me wrong.

Irrelevant. You wouldn't find a single Russian who's 60+ and condemns Budapest, either. 

Doesn't make them all racists. 

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

No, its not. For most jobs, its direct-interview based.

What you are saying, is silly, baseless racism. 

If you think its in their DNA, provide evidence of said DNA from scholarly sources. Else, you are just being racist. 

Irrelevant. You wouldn't find a single Russian who's 60+ and condemns Budapest, either. 

Doesn't make them all racists. 

1) What do you think happens in interviews? In the silicon valley, to get a job you have to recognize patterns an either have to a) keep the trend going or b) come with a way to disrupt the trend. Otherwise you are doing janitorial work.

2) Racism? Do you even know the definition of racism? when did paks become a different race? for the most part they are a different shade of brown from Indians.

3) I'm asking the question if its in their DNA.

4) Guess you either didn't read post very well or being obtuse.  There is reason why I pointed out the brit paks conundrum.

you sound like you miss aman ki tamasha

18 minutes ago, cricketrulez said:

1) What do you think happens in interviews? In the silicon valley, to get a job you have to recognize patterns an either have to a) keep the trend going or b) come with a way to disrupt the trend. Otherwise you are doing janitorial work.

Kindly don't talk nonsense about interviews. In Silicon valley, like in most tech interviews, its about how well you work in a team, pass the in-situ test, resume, people skills etc. 

There is no ' pattern recognition amongst groups'. Its individual. 

2) Racism? Do you even know the definition of racism? when did paks become a different race? for the most part they are a different shade of brown from Indians.

Sophistry. 
Race is a fluid term cognate with xenophobia, indicating discrimination of physical differences, distinct nationalities, color groups, etc. 

And since race itself is not a scientifically valid term, its contextual use is all that matters. And yes, if you go 'all people from this nation are XYZ due to their DNA' its racist. 

3) I'm asking the question if its in their DNA.

The answer is no. Otherwise, you'd have found evidence of it. 

4) Guess you either didn't read post very well or being obtuse.  There is reason why I pointed out the brit paks conundrum.

There is no conundrum. I am neither obtuse, nor failing to read. When I said 60+ older Russians, I am not just talking of citizens of Russia either. Plenty of 'Brit-Russians' also exist. 

you sound like you miss aman ki tamasha

No, I am not just racist or trying to indicate a group's social behavior (which is what you are describing- social behavior of a subset of species homo sapiens) is due to their genetic make-up. 

Its racism. 

21 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Kindly don't talk nonsense about interviews. In Silicon valley, like in most tech interviews, its about how well you work in a team, pass the in-situ test, resume, people skills etc. 

There is no ' pattern recognition amongst groups'. Its individual. 

Sophistry. 
Race is a fluid term cognate with xenophobia, indicating discrimination of physical differences, distinct nationalities, color groups, etc. 

And since race itself is not a scientifically valid term, its contextual use is all that matters. And yes, if you go 'all people from this nation are XYZ due to their DNA' its racist. 

The answer is no. Otherwise, you'd have found evidence of it. 

There is no conundrum. I am neither obtuse, nor failing to read. When I said 60+ older Russians, I am not just talking of citizens of Russia either. Plenty of 'Brit-Russians' also exist. 

No, I am not just racist or trying to indicate a group's social behavior (which is what you are describing- social behavior of a subset of species homo sapiens) is due to their genetic make-up. 

Its racism. 

1) While all those things are true to get the job, you have to have proven track record of recognizing patterns to get the interview and keep the job.

2) Bullshit. You have done what lawyers did in Dover trial to justify "Intelligent design" as science: Change the definition of science. you have done a post modernist definition of racism and dismissed/excused paks behavior.

3) has anyone looked for it? You have to raise the question before you can go looking for it. Of course you'd need to experiment on a bunch of paks to be sure.

4) Every russian I've ever met has nothing but digust and contempt fro teh former soviet regime and their behavior. Paks on the other hand, whenter born in pak or not are proud of the results their terrorism has produced and you can see this in every news paper article, interview etc etc. you are welcome to ignore that rest of don't have to to.

5) Given the behavior of the paks ever since its inception, hell, if you pay attention to "direct day", even before its inception, they have used and been proud of their terrorist activities. one has to blind to not see that

19 minutes ago, cricketrulez said:

1) While all those things are true to get the job, you have to have proven track record of recognizing patterns to get the interview and keep the job.

Nonsense. Nobody thinks of race or country of origin in silicon valley when hiring, period. 

2) Bullshit. You have done what lawyers did in Dover trial to justify "Intelligent design" as science: Change the definition of science. you have done a post modernist definition of racism and dismissed/excused paks behavior.

Nobody is changing any definition. You are ignorant of the definitions. 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/race

Focus on part 2.:

a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.
a population so related.
Anthropology.
  1. (no longer in technical use) any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics.
  2. an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, especially formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.
  3. a socially constructed category of identification based on physical characteristics, ancestry, historical affiliation, or shared culture:
    Her parents wanted her to marry within her race.
  4. a human population partially isolated reproductively from other populations, whose members share a greater degree of physical and genetic similarity with one another than with other humans.
a group of tribes or peoples forming an ethnic lineage:
the Slavic race.
any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.:
the Dutch race."

Same definition is found in merriam-webster as well.

Therefore, yes we can classify Paksitanis as a race when referring  to all of them and therefore, discriminating against ALL Paksitanis is racist. 

3) has anyone looked for it? You have to raise the question before you can go looking for it. Of course you'd need to experiment on a bunch of paks to be sure.

Has anyone looked for evidence of whether brown eyes cause shortness ? Because blue eyed people are taller than brown eyed people as an average.

This is the kind of illogic you are proposing. 

You cannot prove a negative. There is no basis to looking for DNA link to terrorism and if there is, you can claim such a discriminatory notion ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE PROOF. 

4) Every russian I've ever met has nothing but digust and contempt fro teh former soviet regime and their behavior. Paks on the other hand, whenter born in pak or not are proud of the results their terrorism has produced and you can see this in every news paper article, interview etc etc. you are welcome to ignore that rest of don't have to to.

Anecdotal reference means nothing. Every Russian I've met over the age of 60 loves the USSR and is sad to see it go. 
Your experience with PAKs are different than mine, so I see no reason why our limited experience of a few dozen people get to form an opinion on 200 million. 

5) Given the behavior of the paks ever since its inception, hell, if you pay attention to "direct day", even before its inception, they have used and been proud of their terrorist activities. one has to blind to not see that

Nothing more than racist drivel. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Nonsense. Nobody thinks of race or country of origin in silicon valley when hiring, period. 

Nobody is changing any definition. You are ignorant of the definitions. 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/race

Focus on part 2.:

a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.
a population so related.
Anthropology.
  1. (no longer in technical use) any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics.
  2. an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, especially formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.
  3. a socially constructed category of identification based on physical characteristics, ancestry, historical affiliation, or shared culture:
    Her parents wanted her to marry within her race.
  4. a human population partially isolated reproductively from other populations, whose members share a greater degree of physical and genetic similarity with one another than with other humans.
a group of tribes or peoples forming an ethnic lineage:
the Slavic race.
any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.:
the Dutch race."

Same definition is found in merriam-webster as well.

Therefore, yes we can classify Paksitanis as a race when referring  to all of them and therefore, discriminating against ALL Paksitanis is racist. 

Has anyone looked for evidence of whether brown eyes cause shortness ? Because blue eyed people are taller than brown eyed people as an average.

This is the kind of illogic you are proposing. 

You cannot prove a negative. There is no basis to looking for DNA link to terrorism and if there is, you can claim such a discriminatory notion ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE PROOF. 

Anecdotal reference means nothing. Every Russian I've met over the age of 60 loves the USSR and is sad to see it go. 
Your experience with PAKs are different than mine, so I see no reason why our limited experience of a few dozen people get to form an opinion on 200 million. 

Nothing more than racist drivel. 

1) you have poor comprehending skills. I have never stated that SV looks ate race when hiring. 

2) So national identity has become a race now. based on this special definition. you sound like a quintessential WKK. FTR I have yet to come across pak who who condemns their terrorist activities.

3) If I have proof why would raise the question? logic mate. logic.

4) So 70+ years of recorded behavioral pattern doesn't count. Anecdotal data doesn't. all that counts is you fervent wish that most pak are peace loving doves?

5) Now you sound like paks.

Edited by cricketrulez

5 hours ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Pakistani aam aadmi are no different from Indians. Living outside India, I have known many pakistanis. If you're north indian, a pakistani might as well be your cousin. That's how relateable they are.

Wrong. They have a siege mentality. Like if they get rejected for a job, they cry racism. This victim mentality is why their intolerance and extremism gets started.

Brain Washing:

Religions are all about brain washing. About getting beautiful life after the death. 

Do you believe that European turned Muslims are different than Pakistani Muslims? Or should we say that DNA of Europeans also changes to Pakistani DNA when they convert to Islam? 

I believe in Humanity. All CHILDREN are alike, till the time adults change their behaviours by brain washing them. 

Edited by Alam_dar

Upbringing, DNA kahaan se aa gaya bhai? Systematic brain washing of Pak children right from a young age. You will see this emerge in a different form (not as extreme as radical Islam but dangerous) in India itself after a couple of decades if Hindutva forces aren't curbed. There is a reason why Central Asian states or some S.E Asian countries don't have the problem a country like Pakistan has, this may change after a generation (Malaysia/Indonesia are turning for the worse) or two. 

8 hours ago, cricketrulez said:

1) you have poor comprehending skills. I have never stated that SV looks ate race when hiring. 

You clearly implied they look at what your national/ethnic background is, with your obnoxious 'pattern recognition' BS.

2) So national identity has become a race now. based on this special definition. you sound like a quintessential WKK. FTR I have yet to come across pak who who condemns their terrorist activities.

And you sound like a quintessential idiot. I didn't invent the definition, its the bloody dictionary definition. Your ignorance is not my problem. 

FTR your limited personal experience is irrelevant and indicative of your poor education - for well educated people know not to draw absurd conclusion from limited personal experiences over a vast group of people. 

3) If I have proof why would raise the question? logic mate. logic.

There is no logic to asking/believing something till its proven false - proving a negative, in an existential sense, is practically impossible. 

4) So 70+ years of recorded behavioral pattern doesn't count. Anecdotal data doesn't. all that counts is you fervent wish that most pak are peace loving doves?

These are YOUR personal anecdotal data, completely at disparity with reality. Nobody said Pakistanis are peace-loving. But I am saying your racist tirade that its in their DNA is ...well, racist,idiotic and completely unsubstantiated. 

5) Now you sound like paks.

And you sound like a pacca idiot. 

4 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

DNA? I don't think so. Some great civilisation s have flourished in that region and these people are the descendants of theirs. It has a lot more to do with ideology of the state and both the education system and religious indoctrination. Islamic revivalists and their influence on their society/state is massive .

Massive? They are only influence actually, and that's what makes it a problem, when there is too much radicalism.

It is conditioning of the mind itself. Mind is one the most dangerous thing. The one that gives us perception that "I am better than the others" or "This is the right way" etc. 

Mind has a cunning way to create perception of a reality. In that case, it is impossible to rationalize with such a person. But look at many people who were born outside of Pak or move away from pak to other western countries have developed liberal views as well. I mean look at this. 

Pak Reacts on Woman leading Prayers/Namaz