Suresh raina to replace Ambati Rayudu in India's ODI squad for series against England.

10 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

"stamina" varies daily based on what you eat and the kind of Sleep you have had. NEW comers are a little under tension before the yo yo test and that could be the reason for his lack of sleep ( i am assuming), some one who scores well and plays cricket all year long should be able to clear yoyo test as even ASHWIN is managing to clear the test and i would like to believe raydu is fitter than ASHWIN.

NO one else hit Avesh that way and this was raydu's BEST IPL and LIFE time batting. raydu was never known to be MSD CHAMCHA and i guess thats why msd sent shane and the african captain as opener ahead of him where as on indian tracks rayudu was a safer opener than them as he was sure to hit spinners comfortably, shane got lucky against BHUVI and even against Spinners and then he got into his hitting zone , a time when batsman swings and everything connects and his mishits dont go to fielders, it happens with all batsman. 

Shane was an opener throughout n faf only does well as opener, really ur questioning watson after hsi final knock 

Raydu was kept in middle coz he is a middle order batsman and a gr8 player of spin 

Raydu is a middle order player, dhoni made him open

Do u think a captain of such successful franchise wud care who is chamcha is , coz if he did he wnt have been successful 

About shane luck, every one needs a bit of it.

i agree many batsman hit in domestic cricket but with this kind of form he was destined for success. 

we real time cricketers can identify this form when a Batsman Sees the BALL much better and his feet are moving nicely and his confidence level is very high..i could have betted on him scoring runs in england , about his run rate , earlier it was SLOW , i agree but i feel he would have sorted that out this time for sure as in comeback , batsman become extra clever and know how to patch up the weakness.

i was criticised for the speed in running between wickets and in the next match , i made doubly sure that i ran like a Hare..its like 

that point gets stuck in your mind, i am sure he would have managed to score faster.

stop giving ur example u dnt play international cricket

Form comes after, 1st u need ability........raydu lacks the quality thats why he didnt make it big. 

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Shane was an opener throughout n faf only does well as opener, really ur questioning watson after hsi final knock 

Raydu was kept in middle coz he is a middle order batsman and a gr8 player of spin 

Raydu is a middle order player, dhoni made him open

Do u think a captain of such successful franchise wud care who is chamcha is , coz if he did he wnt have been successful 

MSD has always played his Chamcha's and thats why he was a BIG failure as captain in test cricket outside of INDIA. Why blame MSD all captains Pick their favourites, otherwise do you think Srikkanth would have opened so long for INDIA( gavaskar picked him) when he was hardly scoring and even Sehwag could have been dropped earlier just that ganguly supported him big time and MSD dropped sehwag.

it is their viewpoint and they talk and connect better with some so they are selected ahead of colleagues, rahane gelled well with virat and that's why he is the vice captain and captained india against afghanistan. Rahane may not have the ideal leadership qualities that Virat has.

Stuart BInny is no where now where as he was picked by a bunch of selectors regularly for 2 years as the only all rounder india has now even the CSK opening swing bowler looked a much better pace all rounder than Stuart binny.

its view POINT, dhoni's viewpoint, favouritism towards some.

About shane luck, every one needs a bit of it.

stop giving ur example u dnt play international cricket...

leather ball cricket is Same , yes Levels are totally Different, i agree but i correlate and share the experience.

Form comes after, 1st u need ability........raydu lacks the quality thats why he didnt make it big. 

i give up on arguing with you....

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he was scared n stuck inside the crease against 140k bowlers in IPL

Got out to bouncers of pandya n brathwite 

i almost felt like this guy was shivering when he was facing umesh against RCB

Also what has he done to merit this selection 

failed in domestic season
smashed some 125k trundler when season was coming to an end
Slogged like a tail ender in Sa
Didnt do well in nidhas

He had smoked 140 K bowlers in SA against SA in the recent T20 series and was MOS.Still fields like a gun and was always a clutch player for us.Besides, his record in England is very good.

17 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

He had smoked 140 K bowlers in SA against SA in the recent T20 series and was MOS.Still fields like a gun and was always a clutch player for us.Besides, his record in England is very good.

to be honest that attack didnt have a lot of quality and he was just trying to hit his way out which may work in t20 but not in longer format 

he failed in Nidhas with same strategy 

in IPL he was looking scared agianst fast bowlers even though he scored runs

Which is my point u can get away in t20 but not in longer format. 

What clutch player....he is almost a guarantee failure against SA, Aus and if Pak use their bowlers well wont stand against them to. Dnt give me 2011 example that 8 yrs ago

Now m afraid england doesnt have a bowler to trouble him and he might score runs but a guy who looks scraed of 140k + bowlers and has still no answer to his world renowed problem for short pitch shudnt be in WC plans 

13 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Must be some youngsters here the "selectors" can pick from...

Image result for old indian cricket players

Lets see.. theres going to be lots of guesses...

From L to R ...

Nissar or maybe Mushtaq Ali, Dont know, Nayudu? Borde?, Hazare, MAK Pataudi, 

Gupte, Dont know, Dont know, Dont know, Lala Amarnath, Vinoo Mankad

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

to be honest that attack didnt have a lot of quality and he was just trying to hit his way out which may work in t20 but not in longer format 

he failed in Nidhas with same strategy 

in IPL he was looking scared agianst fast bowlers even though he scored runs

Which is my point u can get away in t20 but not in longer format. 

What clutch player....he is almost a guarantee failure against SA, Aus and if Pak use their bowlers well wont stand against them to. Dnt give me 2011 example that 8 yrs ago

Now m afraid england doesnt have a bowler to trouble him and he might score runs but a guy who looks scraed of 140k + bowlers and has still no answer to his world renowed problem for short pitch shudnt be in WC plans 

He saved our backside against Pakistanis even in 2015 WC.SA had junior DALA hitting 140 clicks against him.And his role was always like this.Come at number 5-6 and make some quick runs and then field like a hungry tiger.

Pant has been a massive failure in his all international outings till now.He doesnt even have good A team outing other than Afghans.So I can understand selectors being sceptical about him.

He saved our backside against Pakistanis even in 2015 WC.SA had junior DALA hitting 140 clicks against him.And his role was always like this.Come at number 5-6 and make some quick runs and then field like a hungry tiger.
Pant has been a massive failure in his all international outings till now.He doesnt even have good A team outing other than Afghans.So I can understand selectors being sceptical about him.

Afghanistan is a joke team right now.
TBH.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

He saved our backside against Pakistanis even in 2015 WC.

Go watch that match again, misbah like an idiot served him spinners at start 

Had he bowled pacers against him at start wnt have lasted long, thats y i said if they use their brains. Sarfraz seems a smart captain wnt do same mistake

SA had junior DALA hitting 140 clicks against him.And his role was always like this.Come at number 5-6 and make some quick runs and then field like a hungry tiger.

he batted at 3

how can u compare pant n raina

Pant is starting his career and facing early nerves. Raina got put on 0 in his debut game 

Whereas raina hasnt even overcome his short pitch from for so many yrs. 

Selectors shud have gone for krunal, he offers a lot more with bowl then raina wud and raina wud hardly offer much with bat against quality bowling

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Go watch that match again, misbah like an idiot served him spinners at start 

Had he bowled pacers against him at start wnt have lasted long, thats y i said if they use their brains. Sarfraz seems a smart captain wnt do same mistake

he batted at 3

how can u compare pant n raina

Pant is starting his career and facing early nerves. Raina got put on 0 in his debut game 

Whereas raina hasnt even overcome his short pitch from for so many yrs. 

Selectors shud have gone for krunal, he offers a lot more with bowl then raina wud and raina wud hardly offer much with bat against quality bowling

Did Ganguly overcome his batting against short pitch bowling even afer being much better batsman than Raina? In fact how many of our past legends were good against short ball.Pant has been a massive failure in all the chances he got including A team tours.

Edited by Cricket_Fan
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how much has he played to be even judged. U want me to take out gr8 cricketers initial numbers 

He had done few A team tours and failed to score runs in all of them except against Afghans.Also look at the way he batted in international games he got.Was batting like a deer infront of headlights.Even the much maligned VijayShankar did better than him.