This will be one of the best series of Umesh Yadav's career

I think he is too far at the bottom of the totem pole to think that he will lead the entire series in wickets. I think Bumrah is a guaranteed pick when he comes back healthy, and then the other two fast bowler spots are between the other 4: Shami, Ishant, Umesh, Bhuvi. He will probably perform well in the chances he gets, provided the pitches are conducive to swing, but if such a pitch pops up, he may cede his position to BK who he has basically formed a platoon with: Umesh plays on flat/dry/bouncy pitches while BK plays on green/moist/overcast conditions.  

3 hours ago, Tibarn said:

I think he is too far at the bottom of the totem pole to think that he will lead the entire series in wickets. I think Bumrah is a guaranteed pick when he comes back healthy, and then the other two fast bowler spots are between the other 4: Shami, Ishant, Umesh, Bhuvi. He will probably perform well in the chances he gets, provided the pitches are conducive to swing, but if such a pitch pops up, he may cede his position to BK who he has basically formed a platoon with: Umesh plays on flat/dry/bouncy pitches while BK plays on green/moist/overcast conditions.  

BK is out, unlikely come back this series.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

BK is out, unlikely come back this series.

That is fortunate for Umesh in a sense then, if BK is out the whole series. If we get a totally green pitch, we may leave out a spinner and play all four of Bumrah/Shami/Ishant/Umesh with Pandya the 5th bowling option.

In simple words we should prepare atleast 2 pacers who can take  place of first choice pacers at short notice in case of injury or bad form..we are left with situations like the current one ,where the management is scared to try promising newbies like Saini,Siraj,Rajpoot etc..these bowlers ahould have been given chance long time back,its not we were dismantling lineups regularly with our pacers,Ishant was always a candidate to remove,though he is bowling tight lengths these days,but quite truly they have quashed numerous opportunities they got before

Oh man, rooting for this guy has been so painful. I get so scared every time he comes in to bowl, you just automatically start praying that he doesn’t bowl down the leg side.

Most unpredictable bowler of all time, rivaling the great Ajit Agarkar.

I’ve no idea how he’ll do in this series, I just wish he rips the eng boys apart.

On 7/29/2018 at 1:49 PM, adi B said:

Umesh likes bowling the" heavy ball " ,he'll absolutely enjoy the duke ball in his hand and can exploit the reverse swing when on offer ,perfect bowler for the duke ball .

He has improved his consistency in the last 1-2 years 

The only thing he is consistent in is inconsistency :P

But yeah he’ll relish bowling with the big fat seam