"If we can't protect the earth, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it"  - Tony stark (Avengers)

We couldn't save the 2011 humiliation and 2014 defeat. It's time to avenge those defeats...

To win, some of the members of the Indian team need to stand up and make it count. Some more of them need to play supporting roles and help those who stand up against the opposition.

In the avengers infinity war movie there are 3 Lead heroes like iron man, Thor and Cap (who lead the three main narratives of the story) and 10+ supporting heroes like bp, scarlet witch, strange, Spidey etc... who give support to the lead heroes.

Who do you reckon are the lead heroes and supporting cast for our Indian team in the England series?

Go ahead and name 3 lead heroes and 5 supporting members of the Indian team in the England series..

FOR ME -

LEAD :

1. Kohli - 600+ runs

2. Umesh Yadav - 20+ wickets

3. Rahane - appx 500 runs

SUPPORTING:

1. Bumrah - appx 18 wickets

2. Ishanth - appx 16 wickets with good e/r

3. KLR - appx 400 runs

4. Vijay - appx 400 runs

5. Ashwin - appx 200 runs, appx 15 wkts 

Absolutely no expectation from dhawan, dk, pant, jadeja, Kuldeep, Nair, pandya, pujara, shardul. if they play well then for me it is bonus. 

4 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Somehow feel Moeen, Buttler, and Bairstow will bang India this series. India can do well against England's top order but good lower orders always troubled us. Not to forget Moeen's bowling.

Hey Sandeep this is a positive thinking thread. Everyone is posting high anxiety tripe everywhere on ICF, that's why I made this thread. Lets cheer the fanbase!! 

Everyone else,

Take the negativity elsewhere... Participate in the thread according to OP rules or don't post :/

11 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Hey Sandeep this is a positive thinking thread. Everyone is posting high anxiety tripe everywhere on ICF, that's why I made this thread. Lets cheer the fanbase!! 

Everyone else,

Take the negativity elsewhere... Participate in the thread according to OP rules or don't post :/

+1.

Doubters please stay away. Create your own thread.

This will be good series for most of the players and collective efforts will take us home.

@Temujin Khaghan

Just a point to ponder if you want a positve thread you need to start with what could go right this time. If you start with what went wrong in 2011 and how we want revenge we will get much the same negative. 

Explore what is right and what you think could go right i think that will acheive your positive thinking threads purpose no matter the result.

The process being important :p:..sorry had to but first para is all true..

3 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

Time to Avenge the 2011, 2014 and 2018 defeats

next time :p:

I've been waiting for this from a long time, I will support our team even if we are down 0-2.

During srt-rd-vvs-viru-zak-kumble-dada era we lacked a solid bowling lineup. But we now have a decent bowling lineup. Expecting big things from Umesh, ishanth, shami, Ashwin, Kuldeep. :)

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
13 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

I've been waiting for this from a long time, I will support my team even if we are down 0-2.

During srt-rd-vvs-viru-zak-kumble-dada era we lacked a solid bowling lineup. But we now have a decent bowling lineup. Expecting big things from Umesh, ishanth, shami, Ashwin, Kuldeep. :)

How is this batting order compared to that ? 

Viru - vijay / dhawan

Dravid - kohli

Sachin - pujara

Laxman - Rahane

Dhoni - DK

Zaheer - Umesh :giggle:

Sree - shami

Ishant - ishant 

Bhajji - ashwin

Kumble - jaddu / kuldeep

That team was 10 x better in both departments

1 hour ago, Rasgulla said:

How is this batting order compared to that ? 

Viru - vijay / dhawan

Dravid - kohli

Sachin - pujara

Laxman - Rahane

Dhoni - DK

Zaheer - Umesh :giggle:

Sree - shami

Ishant - ishant 

Bhajji - ashwin

Kumble - jaddu / kuldeep

That team was 10 x better in both departments

Not better in bowling at all. You seem to have forgotten that bumrah and bhuvi are available from 2nd and 4th tests.

That was an atg batting lineup. Though, MSD was not his usual self in overseas tests. 

But bowling wins games not batting. What's the use of having Sachin dravid in 2011 tour when no one is taking wickets.

Edited by Temujin Khaghan