PCB is stupid and unprofessional, says former Pakistan fielding coach Steve Rixon

Switchblade

https://www.crictracker.com/pcb-stupid-unprofessional-says-former-pakistan-fielding-coach-steve-rixon/

After enjoying a gala time in 2018 so far, Pakistan cricket team is suddenly facing criticism from all corners. Their fielding standards went down considerably in the Asia Cup and have now been crashed out of the tournament even before the final. The exit of their fielding coach Steve Rixon hasn’t worked for them at all who has now lashed out at the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and has accused them of being stupid and unprofessional.

lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=41

Entering the tournament, the Men in Green were touted as the favourites. But as the competition went deep there frailties were exposed even more. They dropped as many as nine catches out of 13 in the five matches which Pakistan and clearly they aren’t ready for the World Cup next year.

Meanwhile, Rixon has made some serious allegations over the board and is livid with them for disbursing late payments. “They didn’t pay subsidiary staff on time. Everyone was meant to go to the World Cup, which would be the sensible thing to do but not unless they improved their act. I told them, ‘you guys will make me angrier and angrier, and I don’t need it.’ I said ‘thanks, but no thanks,” he said while speaking to Fairfax Media.

I have no problem with players and coach

Steve Rixon, however, was quick to clarify that he had no issues with the working group of players and coaching staff and enjoyed his time with them. He also had a polite suggestion to the PCB that if they want to recruit to overseas coaches, they will have to take care of them else all good people will leave the team and it will be in dire straits.

“Let’s make one thing clear, the players and the coaches so forth no problems at all, thoroughly enjoyed my time. Seriously, the PCB is not a professional unit and are not doing things as they should. If they want outsiders to the country, they should make sure they look after them. Hence, they lost myself and they’re losing good people because of their stupidity and lack of professionalism. It’s no skin off my nose. Shame because I enjoyed working with the players and saw some fantastic things there,” Rixon, the former Australian cricketer added.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/104265/pakistan-cricket-board-rubbishes-steve-rixons-late-payment-claims

"The PCB is disappointed by the baseless allegations made by Former Fielding Coach Steve Rixon in a recent interview. The PCB spokesman wishes to clarify that the Board has enjoyed cordial relations with all current and former foreign staff attached with national teams," the PCB stated in a statement.

"Mr. Steve Rixon was a good coach who worked hard with the players and certainly helped improve team's fielding in the last two years. It comes as a surprise to us that Mr.Rixon made unfounded allegations against PCB. The PCB strongly refutes the allegations made by Mr. Rixon in his interview, the foreign coaching staff has full backing and support of the board."

10 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Don't know about others, but on a personal level its been very sad. Seeing Pakistan struggle against a team like Bangladesh was the final nail in the coffin. 

Grew up watching legends like Imran, Wasim and seeing them in this condition is pretty sad. 

Bangladesh is a very competitive side in these conditions.  Give credit to Bangladesh for their improvement.  Even India lost a series to them in Bangladesh.

This is the absolute truth. PCB might be morons but BCCI isn't any better. Why is it that BCCI doesn't want cricket in Olympics? Looks for small quick gratification rathar than long term benifit. 

Actually playing in Olympics would entail BCCI to sign up with Anti -doping agencies which they don't want .Which leads me to suspect a lot of prominent, big players Use banned drugs .

But then ,BCCI seems to be Averse to any kind of transparency so yeah.

Also Olympics tend to clash with some of the ICC events so that would mean loss of profit

Olympics necessarily doesn't mean cricket will become bigger, but it will probably ensure a better international competition than currently is.

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Don't know about others, but on a personal level its been very sad. Seeing Pakistan struggle against a team like Bangladesh was the final nail in the coffin. 

Grew up watching legends like Imran, Wasim and seeing them in this condition is pretty sad. 

Infighting grouping fixing poor management of Pcb their media have played a major role in that in fact they started going downhill after 2002 Australia tour when they were unhappy with Waqar as skipper during Inzi’s time they were decent but became mediocre during Malik’s captaincy and their comedian chairman Ijaz Butt.