Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul suspended pending inquiry for their comments in Koffee with Karan

1 hour ago, beetle said:

That is a sad generalisation.

Cheerleading is a profession.

They are not prostitutes.

It is one thing to hook up with some one for fun but words like ' provide girls' is not right.

A lot of people make such statements for models and actresses too.

A few decades back,cabin crew and nurses were also generalised like this.

Ankit is talking abt openness and subconsciously stereotyping cheerleadin profession as brothel service.

58 minutes ago, velu said:

whatever the answer i give , how it is offensive to other posters ?

you guys are missing the point here .. whatever be the person pandya is , audience has no right about how pandya should conduct himself as long as it is not affecting others 

But they do have a right to call him out for his behavior.

Like if he is well behaved...then say...kitna well behaved bachcha hai.

Similarly....when he is a tool...then say...kitna chichora hai....

Like you can troll....but if you troll, hum bolenge troll hai....:p:

I have not watched the show and probably will not watch it .... What I know is that KL and Pandya said Kohli is a better batsman and Dhoni a better captain vs those these two were compared with 

The issue could be that there are a lot of bekar and undereducated folks in India who have a lot of time on their hands. They probably watch a lot of such shows and try to make mountains out of molehills (Padmaavati controversy for e.g.) 

On Pandya, he is probably too westernized. And many hate him for being successful and better than their favourite cricketers. These guys will go out of the way to support a glorified night watchman like Vihari over Pandya for e.g. :lol:

Just now, zen said:

I have not watched the show and probably will not watch it .... What I know is that KL and Pandya said Kohli is a better batsman and Dhoni a better captain vs those these two were compared with 

The issue could be that there are a lot of bekar and undereducated folks in India who have a lot of time on their hands. They probably watch a lot of such shows and try to make mountains out of molehills (Padmaavati controversy for e.g.) 

On Pandya, he is probably too westernized. And many hate him for being successful and better than their favourite cricketers. These guys will go out of the way to support a glorified night watchman like Vihari over Pandya for e.g. :lol:

Baroda ke gully mohalle mein khel ke westernized ho gaya. Kya baat hai :hatsoff:

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Baroda ke gully mohalle mein khel ke westernized ho gaya. Kya baat hai :hatsoff:

Baroda is multi cultural. Also a lot of folks from overseas including NRIs visit it every year. Many attend its universities too from all over India / abroad. People from Baroda also travel a lot abroad. There are movie studios too .... it is one of the cities in Ind where you can get westernized 

Edited by zen
3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

"I don't think people should read too much into his comments," Himanshu told the Mid-Day newspaper. "It was an entertainment show and his comments were made in a light- hearted manner. he was only looking to entertain the audience. So, it [ his comments] should not be viewed very seriously or negatively. He is an innocent boy with a very fun- loving nature."

This is part of the problem.

Papaji thinks it was light hearted entertainment only.

Innocent boy jab tha tab samjhana tha ,pyaar karo aur izzat bhi karo.....aaj yeh chichorapan nahi hota.

Edited by beetle
Just now, zen said:

Baroda is multi cultural. Also a lot of folks from overseas including NRIs visit it every year. Many attend its universities too from all over India / abroad. People from Baroda also travel a lot abroad  .... it is one of the cities in Ind where you can get westernized 

:hysterical: dude gujratis in the USA look for matches in Swami Narayan temple and there is nothing wrong with that and are very conservative. You make it seem like Baroda is like Las Vegas or something. What IvY league school did Pandya go to anyways :laugh:

Stop defending his moronic behavior. Rahul is from Bangalore a much more cosmopolitan city than Baroda and he came across much bearable.

4 minutes ago, zen said:

Baroda is multi cultural. Also a lot of folks from overseas including NRIs visit it every year. Many attend its universities too from all over India / abroad. People from Baroda also travel a lot abroad  .... it is one of the cities in Ind where you can get westernized 

Yes Baroda is multi cultural .just 3 day ago seen a example "mummy Papa Aaj m karke Aya hu " bhag okat Ni h is Pandya ki asa bolne ki .....not for u :phehe:its only for idiot Pandya .

Edited by beetle
4 minutes ago, maniac said:

:hysterical: dude gujratis in the USA look for matches in Swami Narayan temple and there is nothing wrong with that and are very conservative. You make it seem like Baroda is like Las Vegas or something. What IvY league school did Pandya go to anyways :laugh:

Stop defending his moronic behavior. Rahul is from Bangalore a much more cosmopolitan city than Baroda and he came across much bearable.

There are all types of ppl. Conservative, modern, or whatever everywhere .... even in west there are conservatives 

55 minutes ago, beetle said:

You think talking about women like they are for sex objects is not harmful like destroying public property?

..that too by public figure ...

portraying himself as player (which came across as showfoff) does not make women sex objects , we find it taboo that women can also have so many causal flings

he has named any women or any individual ....

Who is getting harmed?

Ladki hogi to bolegi...

Most likely this guy is just talking bullshit to appear like a stud...but why talk in such a vulgar and cheap manner?

What is vulgar to u isnt to many ....m ok with what he said. I can understand his tone n everything . Problem is when ministers says offending things regd rapes. He is talking about sex which has consent. 

Many ppl find women wearing short clothes vulgar

For generation women who worked in field acting were looked down upon 

Its how we look at things

Point is.....why do you have a problem with people giving their opinion?

Opinion n moral policing is diff 

M sharing my opinion which is a counter argument to urs 

opinion - i think he said wrong

moral policing - he shudnt say that , he shud be likes this n that . 

He acted like a creep and people are calling him that.

fair enough call him to ......but the outrage to make BCCI act on it n make him say sorry is to much 

N lets not forget the outrage started with him calling kohli better then sachin and this statement gave public ammunition 

23 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes heard from reliable sources 

Its franchises who is doing it.....franchises do everything to keep players happy. M pretty sure many wud be paid in diff ways as well.....

BCCI cant control everything

Yes Nita Ambani is the head madam supplying these cheerleaders to poor innocent Hardik Pandya.

Looks like Ambani are diversifying their businesses I guess. Like “jio” this business should be called “thoko”

How ridiculous does that sound.

Pretty sure MI management will be pissed off with his comments because cheerleaders are recruited by them as well .

Anyway I think his comments showed how dumb he is. Doesn’t deserve a ban or a harsh punishment. However most of us have  a problem with people interpreting this as “cool” . These are not dignified.

You can be funny and charming in other ways as well

26 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yes Nita Ambani is the head madam supplying these cheerleaders to poor innocent Hardik Pandya.

Looks like Ambani are diversifying their businesses I guess. Like “jio” this business should be called “thoko”

How ridiculous does that sound.

why dnt u come n work here in mumbai among of of these event mngmt or somewere around the circle n then make that comment 

rather sitting miles away n making assumption. Try ull get shockers of ur life 

U think i dnt knw what pandya mssgs to these models on instagrams....what they were saying on show .....oh well i knw many are my frends and i have seen those mssgs 

The point he doesnt have an issue and so doesnt those models ..........who are we

how he wanna portrays himself is his choice ......... atleast he is not putting a fake image 

26 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pretty sure MI management will be pissed off with his comments because cheerleaders are recruited by them as well .

Pretty sure they ll laugh it off, MI aint filled with conservative ppl who hasnt gone out of their coccon 

If they were really serious about anything shud have dropped bhajji from franchise post slapping sreesanth . Coz that is hurting someone not only physically n mentally and 10 match ban was to less.....shud have been responsible then n dropped him from franchise only 

Did u hear anything from RCB when gayle made that comment on live air to the girl who was taking her interview

These franchise dont care damn inside....for showoff they ll do it but deep inside its a business 

3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

How is Pandya not stupid?

This was not a live show. He could have reviewed it. 

World Cup is in 5 months from now. He didn't realize that any small controversy can put their career in danger?

Maybe he didn't realize that the country has become so Chewtiya that he could be under the threat of being dropped from the World Cup over some casual remarks made during an Entertainment Programme. 

As if the performance of a player is not the sole criteria for being included in the squad anymore now they are also expected to make statements that are strictly compatible with the norms decided by the ones who reserve the right to be outraged over anything that they disagree with. 

Aajkal Bahot fazool ka time hai logo ke paas apna khoon jalane ke liye.

Edited by rageaddict