3 changes in Pak world cup squad.

I think they have improved the team.  Replacing Faheem with Amir is an upgrade.  Wahab is a spare tyre anyway - Amir, Shaheen, Hassan is a decent 3 man attack, backed up with Shadab, Imad and the 2 oldies.   That's actually a decent bat-deep as well, since Shadab is handy with the bat and so is Imad.  Amir is Bhuvi-like with the bat, and Hassan can smack a few.  

Really baffled by the selection of Wahab. His last odi was the CT group game against us. 2 years out of the team and now they decide to take him to the WC. 

Says a lot about the dip in Pakistani fast bowling resources. 

Just now, Gollum said:

Even they had the sense to pick 5 quicks, every team will have more than 3 in their squad. Surely we can't afford to overload Bumrah/Shami/BK in this grueling format. 

Definitely. India needs another seamer. They have these utility players like Malik, Imad who can share 5th bowling option. We have none.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Even they had the sense to pick 5 quicks, every team will have more than 3 in their squad. Surely we can't afford to overload Bumrah/Shami/BK in this gruelling format. 

I don't think it's a bad decision. We'll most likely play just two of them in every game and one will always be a backup. Just  need to rotate them wisely and we're good. 

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

I don't think it's a bad decision. We'll most likely play just two of them in every game and one will always be a backup. Just  need to rotate them wisely and we're good. 

So 2 spinners every match irrespective of pitch? Also Pandya will be overloaded and he just came back from injury recently. 4 pacers is a must !!!! We start the campaign after other teams have played 2 each, meaning we will have least gap in between matches among all teams, 9 matches is too much.....2011/15 had 6 group matches, 2 against rank minnows. I am flabbergasted how this selection screw up isn't the talking point. 

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

So 2 spinners every match irrespective of pitch?

Well one thing is for sure.  Pitches are going to be more conductive to spin than pace . It's going to be a hot summer in England and just the fact that our strength is the two wristies picking the Wickets in the middle overs make it quite obvious that KulCha should be starting almost every game. 

8 minutes ago, Norman said:

Well one thing is for sure.  Pitches are going to be more conductive to spin than pace . It's going to be a hot summer in England and just the fact that our strength is the two wristies picking the Wickets in the middle overs make it quite obvious that KulCha should be starting almost every game. 

I wouldn't think 2 spinners are automatic against the likes of Pak/BD/Afg - these guys are much more comfortable facing spin than pace.  Even Hardik Pandya's pace and bounce kept the Pakistani batsmen quiet in the CT.  I'd rather go with Bumrah, Bhuvi and Shami against Pak, with Chahal and Jadhav providing the 15 overs of spin or so.