#StopHindiImposition Protests [ Only for Tammys ] !!!

velu

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

You are right, Amit Shah didn't talk about imposition. Encouraged more usage of mother tongue and Hindi, opposition/MSM/libtard ecosystem is making noise because not many issues currently to attack govt, even on economy front they can't go all out since questions are bound to be raised about UPA legacy in contributing to the mess. South Indian politicians are protesting because even the mention of Hindi by Centre is enough for them to gain political impetus, and the people want to be given the choice what language they wanna learn instead of govt advising them, a lot of misinformation also spreading on SM which isn't helping. Even if Modi/Shah have right intentions many BJP/RSS associated people are somewhat Hindi chauvinists, so have to be cautious. I just wish BJP stops beating the drums about Hindi, too many other problems in the country which need urgent fix, besides they are giving opposition more ammunition in South states where the party is already on weak ground. 

Agreed. There's more pressing problems to be fixed...the moronic hindi haters of TN are a miniscule problem in comparison... my purpose for bringing this out repeatedly on ICF is just to expose this breed.

16 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Agreed. There's more pressing problems to be fixed...the moronic hindi haters of TN are a miniscule problem in comparison... my purpose for bringing this out repeatedly on ICF is just to expose this breed.

Ek haath se taali nahi bajti, there are many moronic Hindi chauvinists who haven't got a job but more busy wasting their and other people's time over trivial issues. Both these extreme groups (minority but very loud) should be shunned, they only add nuisance value. We are a dharmic nation, never about language....what united us in the ancient (golden) era?

Edited by Gollum

9 hours ago, Vilander said:

Agree but one thing is what did Amit shah say..he said speak your mother language more at the same time speak and spread Hindi to unify the country..i am perplexed why this is seen as Hindi imposition. I don't support Hindi being imposed but he is not trying to impose it is he  ? atleast here..perplexing that no one would defend that or did he mean something in subtleties that i am missing.

You dont see this as a direct threat? do you know how many people in England speak Cornish now? .do you know what happened to the languages of france when they made french the official language?do you know the term" gradual language death" and how it works?.the world is losing languages at an astonishing rate(some think 1 every 2 weeks),when you lose a language you also lose a major part of its culture and frankly hindi and the hindi belt culture is nothing  to write home about.

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Ek haath se taali nahi bajti, there are many moronic Hindi chauvinists who haven't got a job but more busy wasting their and other people's time over trivial issues. Both these extreme groups (minority but very loud) should be shunned, they only add nuisance value. We are a dharmic nation, never about language....what united us in the ancient (golden) era?

Agree. BTW what do you expect him to say on Hindi Diwas. Do not use Hindi. All he said was He "appeals" to people of India to use their "mother tongue and Hindi"  wherever possible.

Rest all is media reporting and standard politics

Edited by mishra

22 minutes ago, mishra said:

Agree. BTW what do you expect him to say on Hindi Diwas. Do not use Hindi. All he said was He "appeals" to people of India to use their "mother tongue and Hindi"  wherever possible.

Rest all is media reporting and standard politics

I made my thoughts about that known in a previous post, personally don't blame Shah or Modi.

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

You are right, Amit Shah didn't talk about imposition. Encouraged more usage of mother tongue and Hindi, opposition/MSM/ libtard ecosystem is making noise because not many issues currently to attack govt, even on economy front they can't go all out since questions are bound to be raised about UPA legacy in contributing to the mess. South Indian politicians are protesting because even the mention of Hindi by Centre is enough for them to gain political impetus, and the people want to be given the choice what language they wanna learn instead of govt advising them, a lot of misinformation also spreading on SM which isn't helping. Even if Modi/Shah have right intentions many BJP/RSS associated people are somewhat Hindi chauvinists, so have to be cautious. I just wish BJP stops beating the drums about Hindi, too many other problems in the country which need urgent fix, besides they are giving opposition more ammunition in South states where the party is already on weak ground. 

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

You dont see this as a direct threat? do you know how many people in England speak Cornish now? .do you know what happened to the languages of france when they made french the official language?do you know the term" gradual language death" and how it works?.the world is losing languages at an astonishing rate(some think 1 every 2 weeks),when you lose a language you also lose a major part of its culture and frankly hindi and the hindi belt culture is nothing  to write home about.

it is a complex issue for sure. TN/KA and now even Andhra will resist this cultural angle..its best not to touch this balance, but with Amit Shah and Modi you never know they might attempt something. But they have to resist any aggressive move here, it will be all downhill for them from there. 

@cowboysfan no need to abuse any language or culture, we must be equally proud of all of them, they are all rich and beautiful in their own way. I have problems with many Muslims and their religion, but always maintain that Urdu is a rich Indian language and we must preserve it...if someone tells me Urdu is a Pakistani language, I will be pissed off. What certain people/groups do, how govts act etc mustn't cloud our judgement about the languages. Which other country has these many languages, all with rich history, beauty, grammar, semantics, phonetics and wonderful literature?

Edited by Gollum

30 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

I am noticing that as well, some of these people are true cartoons.  I have said before that I have supported Sanskrit as the national language of government, education primarily in MT-medium, and a common Indian script rather than Hindi as the sole national language of India, but these disgusting people are making me more and more sympathetic to Hindi as a sole national language. 

These guys don't actually care about their MTs or the nation in general. They seem to be the gungadeen class  who only care about English. 

It's time for the rest India to stop being held hostage to these useless buggers,' IMO 

Yeah bro, moving on from the haters...i strongly support English in education... English is very important, Ideally ndians should be proficient in English, hindi and regional lang...all subjects- natural science, social science, math, should be in English as that's the best for compatibility with the world.

Also, for those who studied in English it will be extremely hard to switch to Hindi..for ex... isosceles triangle is sam-dwibahu tribhuj in Hindi.

Personally speaking, I speak in English in those settings. Otherwise, Hindi by default wherever English is not necessary...

One thing which has got to be ingrained in every indian is that you don't have to use fancy words or show emotions while speaking English....Fancy words/phrases, people use whether they fit or not fit....also, English is our second/third language you will look lame whenever you try to be funny, show anger or any other emotion while speaking English...those things are suited for mother tongue.

Edited by randomGuy

Hindi is as superior as any other regional language. It has received 10 jnanapiths while Kannada has 9. In its purest form, it is as sweet as samskrita. If they want to promote that, I  am all for it. Brij bhasha. What I hate is basturdized version called Hindustani bhasha, that is being promoted. It is a impure mix of Hindi, Urdu, Mumbaiyaa (like apun tero ko khisak lega), English and what not. 

Otoh, calling it a national language is taking it far, it is majorly spoken in a handful of states - MP, UP, UK, HP, Rajasthan, Haryana, Bihar, Jharkhand, Delhi, Chattisgarh - just 10 states.

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Hindi is as superior as any other regional language. It has received 10 jnanapiths while Kannada has 9. In its purest form, it is as sweet as samskrita. If they want to promote that, I  am all for it. Brij bhasha. What I hate is basturdized version called Hindustani bhasha, that is being promoted. It is a impure mix of Hindi, Urdu, Mumbaiyaa (like apun tero ko khisak lega), English and what not. 

Otoh, calling it a national language is taking it far, it is majorly spoken in a handful of states - MP, UP, UK, HP, Rajasthan, Haryana, Bihar, Jharkhand, Delhi, Chattisgarh - just 10 states.

I would say there's nothing in the nomenclature... national language or not...but if its declared the national language, i guess there won't be much of a fuss in Maharashtra bangal assam telangana Jnk Punjab Kerala etc...noise only from TN and TN influences areas...

It defacto national language already...i read that as 'national connect language' ..

39 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't understand the hate for Hindi by some southerners especially tamilians, they are are ok with English but not okay with Hindi.

Most tamilians in urban centers know it. There citybred folks opposing are just posing the hate. Politicians do it to be in the news. Mallus lesser percentage, but they dont need this dravida politics as they have marx and lenin. In south karnataka esp east bangalore infested by you know which state people are in this AntiHindi circus, just to increase their stature politically. There is no such grass root level movement in south Karnataka. I learnt Hindi on my own (or rather Parents), as I liked literature. 

3 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I would say there's nothing in the nomenclature... national language or not...but if its declared the national language, i guess there won't be much of a fuss in Maharashtra bangal assam telangana Jnk Punjab Kerala etc...noise only from TN and TN influences areas...

It defacto national language already...i read that as 'national connect language' ..

Why? If you make it official national language a lot of fence sitters will get energized. India was multilingual for 1000s of years. We have had travellers going to pilgrimages to Kashi, Mathura Ayodhya without knowing mutual local languages. Just promote all languages in their regions, use Hindi or English for connect. No need to impose. But if you are working for a living in a different state, why do they hate to learn the local language? Why dont Naarthies talk in Kannada to local vendors, maids. They have lived in Karnataka for years, but still insist others to speak in  Hindi. It is utterly foolosh.