Amir is just a normal bowler - Rohit Sharma

Amir is the guy that got him out twice in two balls :giggle:

Give credit where its due.. This is where I like guys like Mike Hussey and Dravid, who shower praises of talented folks irrespective of which team they play for.. Amir deserves the credit he gets... Of course he has a long way to go, but he needs that kind of encouragement to keep going...

There were other pace Pakistani bowlers bowling in the tourney too so what differentiates Amir was there to see 

A challenge of Amir in the T20 WC would be that many teams will try to not take unnecessary risk during his overs so he will have to work harder to pick up wkts. And who knows that might bring out the best in Amir 

Edited by rett

Beta Amir k asia cup me economy me 5 thi aur Amir ne Pakistan ko t20 WC Jeetaya ha and England me test bhi

Chucker Bumrah ne tumhe kia jeetaya ha?

T20 me tou kher koi bhi end me cheap wkts le leta ha but New Ball se one day aur test k wkts hute han Jo matter krte han .. Tum log bus apne 3rd class phatu bowlers ki uthao

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/wt202009/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling_by_team.html?id=4162;team=7;type=tournament

Aamir was your 5 th best bowler even behind Razzaq in 2009 .Picked up 6 wickets in 7 matches. with an economy of 7.29 .

Beta Amir k asia cup me economy me 5 thi aur Amir ne Pakistan ko t20 WC Jeetaya ha and England me test bhi

Chucker Bumrah ne tumhe kia jeetaya ha?

T20 me tou kher koi bhi end me cheap wkts le leta ha but New Ball se one day aur test k wkts hute han Jo matter krte han .. Tum log bus apne 3rd class phatu bowlers ki uthao

Beta Amir ne match fix kiya, Periodd

And about chucking , since u ppl have no sense about chucking thats y now a days u calling nyone chucker.

If i take wkts of chucker ajmal n hafeez out in last few yrs. Pak wud have very few victories left. 

He picked up the best Batsman of the tournament Dilshan in the 1st over and that wkt of Dilshan is as Good as 5 wkts (Dilshan was leading run scorer of the tournament)

By your logic we should had given all credit to Joginder Sharma in 2007 for getting rampaging Misbah out.

Btw what about Umar Gul , Ajmal and Afridi , the 3 key bowlers who scripted Pak victory in 2009

Edited by Singh bling

Sorry Indian posters I Agree what the greatest ever batsman Rohit sharma says Amir is just a poor bowler don't hype him? What has he done ? What is his achievement ? What is his pace ? His Trundler who bowls gun barrel straight... Real deal is Bumrah he has a lovely yorker and beautiful swing add to that he bowls faster than Lee and Akhtar... He is gonna be the greatest pacer of all time just like Rohit is the best Batsman , stop Comparing A talent like Bumrah to mediocre bowler like Amir

Enough said

Bye

Is this a new trend? First troll and then act like a drama-queen ....  As mentioned before, Rohit did not directly compare Bumrah with Amir. Rohit's comment on Amir was on Amir's comparison with Wasim. Bumrah was an example of an Indian bowler who in Rohit's opinion should get more attention in India, i.e. rather than hyping foreign bowlers, hype Indian bowlers like Bumrah 

Edited by rett

Sorry Indian posters I Agree what the greatest ever batsman Rohit sharma says Amir is just a poor bowler don't hype him? What has he done ? What is his achievement ? What is his pace ? His Trundler who bowls gun barrel straight... Real deal is Bumrah he has a lovely yorker and beautiful swing add to that he bowls faster than Lee and Akhtar... He is gonna be the greatest pacer of all time just like Rohit is the best Batsman , stop Comparing A talent like Bumrah to mediocre bowler like Amir

Enough said

Bye

whining_child.jpg

whimper whimper

:mama:

One "tailunt" talking about another. :cantstop:

Have to say Rohit was a bit rude about Amir. Having said that Amir has to still prove that he is one of the best by doing well in Eng (which I think he will do okay) and Aus (I guess he is going to be smashed). Anything less than a good performance will be not so good considering the tremendous hype around him.

Rohit is Right .The hype particularly Indian Media and Commentators is Unbelievable.He is just starting his career and to label him world class is stupid.Just one T20 match Far tougher test awaits.He has all the talent required to be  great bowler but he has long way to go.The guy sold his country once he has to earn respect of fellow peers ,long way to go.

Edited by CG

Amir is a bowler who relies on swing with good pace. On a green pitch, the effects are devastating. But on the same pitch, Pandya took 3-8. Does that make make Pandya a great bowler??

On helpful spin tracks Even Amit Mishra took wicket of A B Deliver's 4 times in 6 innings, does that make Amit Mishra great bowler??

On Helpful pitches of England in 1999, Ashish Nehra took 6 wickets for 20 in a world cup match. But does that make him world class??

In last world cup during Aus-NZ match, Southee and Boult were more impressive than Amir. Does that make them better than Wasim Akram and McGrath??

Mustafizur was also unplayable in last Ind-Bang one-day series. Does that make him great bowler which brought collapse strongest batting line which is nightmare of every bowling side.

Why the fuss about Rohit's comment on Amir ? He has his own views.  India didn't expect Amir to bowl with such sting hence the batsman got beaten. Rohit is a proven player with two double hundreds. He and Rahane got out exactly same way, which explains that they were not prepared for extra swing/pace.

Amir still has to prove a lot to be a world class bowler. Barring England his performance was below average in past.

Virat praised Amir, its his own views. His praise made his own knock significant.

I agree with Rohit to some part. Amir is good but he needs to prove himself again and again to be World-class. Even Amir's coach Waqar Younis said exactly the same after world was going gaga on Amir after India Pakistan match in Asia Cup that Amir should produce such spells again and again to be the best.

Amir is a gifted player. But fast bowling doesnt always means bowling skills. It needs attitude, consistency, fitness , health and learning approach after every match to be world class. Only time will tell if Rohit is right or stupid about his comments on Amir.

Edited by paragkn

Seems like Rohit has hurt allot of paki sentiments here...:giggle:...amir is a good bowler without a doubt... But Pakistanis obsession with pace and fast bowling has left them too far behind everyone in world cricket..

Don't forget that even taskin bowls as quick if not more than amir. But where are the results? Did he win you a must win match against Bangladesh in Asia cup? You all know the answere. 

The fact remains that we would be content with having a bowler like bumrah and walk away with trophy rather than having a proclaimed "great" bowler without any results. 

Maybe rohit is right in stating that hype around amir is a bit OTT. Its the inclusion of bumrah that has turned the tables for India. Bumrah debuted in the 5th odi of Australia series and since then we have been dominating everyone apart from that pune t20. 

Pakistanis Keep talking about 2 in 2 balls but are easily forgetting the phainty Rohit gave amir in world t20 warm up match in 2009.

Edited by Sean Bradley

Pakistanis Keep talking about 2 in 2 balls but are easily forgetting the phainty Rohit gave amir in world t20 warm up match in 2009.

What phainty exactly? Amir bowled 10 balls to Rohit sharma in that innings, gave away 7 runs with 1 boundary which was a four, got his wicket in the end as well, and we're excluding the fact that you're taking warm up games as an example, nice logic, real nice.