Anil Kumble: Head coach [Update Post 141: Kumble will teach India to deal with 'tough moments']

53 minutes ago, maniac said:

Great adding disclaimers pretty much legitimizes opinions :nice:

Fact 1- Kumble is/Was a great player,A Legend who always proudly represented India,A Fighter

Fact 2- Kumble ran a sports management firm that represented a few Karnataka players

Fact 3- These Karnataka players despite being mediocre and not showing any ability to hang in at the international level kept getting either picked or being in the scheme of things time and time again.

Fact 4- Kumble has a clout with the players as well as BCCI-Will he exploit the clout to serve himself-I don't know -don't think so but as an ex-administrator and a businessman conflicts can arise.

So Based on these facts people are forming opinions.

No one questioned Vinay Kumar being picked the first or 2nd time as he was a proven domestic performer....but it is when he gets picked the 3rd,4th and 5th time red flag is raised.

On What basis did Aravind get picked in the T20 series against South Africa?

Mithun being selected is always on the horizon.

I really want to believe that Kumble has nothing to do with this as I respect him too much and want to be that way.

All the players you mentioned where part of a team which was dominating domestic cricket for last 2-3 years Vinay , Mithun and Aarvind where top wicket takers in domestic & its not like these guys are keeping out potential Marshals or Wasims  , they are completing with a few brain less passt bowlers and likes of Unadkat and Rishi Dhawan  . There is infact a case for Players like Pandey not being picked earlier . Case for Rahul not getting a consistent run . 

The reason Vinay got picked 4th 5th time is same as the reason Rayudu getting picked again and again inspite of knowing hes not international quality , but I know whats your opinion on that & irony is its not for cricketing reason. 

5 hours ago, sandeep said:

Minutes into Anil Kumble being appointed, and baseless accusations thrown around as fact.  On what basis does anyone accuse Kumble of being biased towards Karnataka or RCB?  Kumble has a track record as a player on and off the field of doing right by Indian cricket and its players.  But someone of his stature is already being bashed on ICF pre-emptively.  

And before I get accused on any "bias" I'm from Bombay and NOT any type of 'south-indian'.   

Is there any wonder why this site is slowly withering away?  Instead of discussions on cricket, its all about venting and bashing and pushing one's own agenda.  The founding ethos of this site is just lost amongst the immature trolling.  

I said before as well . Wait till MSD retires completely , the hate will turn to Virat , it already has but the way Virat is I dont know he will be able to handle that kind of pressure . I just hope that does not hurt his batting . 

9 hours ago, tweaker said:

It has been noticed that Shastri backing of captaincy of Kohli in all formats has gone against him.The BCCI wants Dhoni as odi & T20 captain for a longer period 

or maybe Kumble had better ideas, Sasthri uncle has been at helm for a few years now one way or the other..

Edited by Vilander

Good riddance atleast S Patil the trundler lover is not locked up, know to see a resurgence in selecting n identifying spinners, Virat loves a bit of pace so test matches we will see the regulars, except these selectors are twits.

What does India need to get to be a world force in cricket , is elementary but selectors R blind, 

In test cricket we need match winning bowlers n stop going to has been like Yuvraj , Raina n go with 

Vijay

Rahul

Pujara

Virat

Rahane

Rohit and put on notice

Most important composition of bowling attack

Shami

Ishant

Aaron

Yadav

Aniket

Suyal

Spinners 

K Yadav

Mishra/Chahal

Ashwin to be a allrounder coz he can

Getting rid of rubbish

Rayudu

Unadkunt

R Dhawan

S Bunny

Dhawal

Arvind

Vijay

Raina n Yuvraj R done with n Dhoni

5 hours ago, jusarrived said:

All the players you mentioned where part of a team which was dominating domestic cricket for last 2-3 years Vinay , Mithun and Aarvind where top wicket takers in domestic & its not like these guys are keeping out potential Marshals or Wasims  , they are completing with a few brain less passt bowlers and likes of Unadkat and Rishi Dhawan  . There is infact a case for Players like Pandey not being picked earlier . Case for Rahul not getting a consistent run . 

The reason Vinay got picked 4th 5th time is same as the reason Rayudu getting picked again and again inspite of knowing hes not international quality , but I know whats your opinion on that & irony is its not for cricketing reason. 

Huh? You think I have the same clout as Kumble to get players selected?

Aravind is not even a featured player in IPL leave alone a star performer, yet  inexplicably  finds himself in the squad as well as playing X1 in an important T20 series.

Vinay Kumar playing in Perth as disgusting as it was, I understand why he played...with Praveen Kumar Varun Aaron Munaf Patel  and Sreeshanth( before ban) where all injured then .So in the pecking order fair enough if he was our fourth bowler but that was 2011-2012....he was or is still in the scheme of things till 2015....I can name atleast 8 fast bowlers/trundlers ahead of him in the pecking order.

We all have players we like or dislike....but when there is a track record and you are given more power it can be scary.

Trust me I respect and I am a big fan of kumble the cricketer.

6 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I said before as well . Wait till MSD retires completely , the hate will turn to Virat , it already has but the way Virat is I dont know he will be able to handle that kind of pressure . I just hope that does not hurt his batting . 

No one hated Dhoni in 2011 or before not even after that but there is always time, a player needs to realize and leave. When it doesnt happen, he is bound get a few brickbats and excessive criticism.

49 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No one hated Dhoni in 2011 or before not even after that but there is always time, a player needs to realize and leave. When it doesnt happen, he is bound get a few brickbats and excessive criticism.

Xactly no one hates dhoni, but i think we all here love indian cricket more than individual. I guess many of us felt about tendulkar also that his time was up n he took long to retire and many other cases &Tendulkar was our childhood hero.  We have been on yuvraj singh case for 4 yrs coz of his decline in perfomance but doesnt meant any one hates him. He will always be one of India's best ODi players ever. Same was with sehwag , ganguly n many coz there is a time for everything and nothing is permanent

Same case with dhoni , I think many of us still want him to play as player coz not as captain. Time n again i hve said m one the biggest dhoni fan n i feel its good for him to leave captaincy as it will be gud for him personally n team as well. Right now both are in taters. Loosing last 7 out of 10 series n 3 win are basically zimb, WI(who didnt even qualify for Ct means they have been poor) and ENg( who at tht time were so bad tht within mnths whole setup was changed). Anybody who says everything is fine has to be a fool. There have been tacital blunder that are being repeated again n again. 

Neways i have always said do what is gud for team , Dhoni being captain is nt helping in anyway & n his own perfomance is going down due to all pressure not becoz of lack of skill.  Soura ganguly is the prime xample who think played his best cricket post captaincy. AS far as logic goes dhoni wins u ICc tournament well thts no guarntee tht he will and Virat doesnt win well even if thts the case if he win 7 out of 10 m happy. Sa doesnt win icc tournamnet yet have respect of a gud team and is still a bigger threat to opp teams than Ind, sL wI who have won ICC tournaments since 2011. Winning jst icc tournaments n loosing all doesnt make u a gud team. 

Thts the problem with blind Fans they just wanna see black n white and dnt wanna use their brain analyize coz it involves pro n cons, strength n weakness. All they wanna use words like Hate of bhakts. 

Bole to apna dimaag nhin analyze krne ka to apun  love hate hi bolega kyunki kon dimaag lagaye sochne pe ki everything has weakness n y it is not working lets state the obv.

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Kumble is 'polished, cool and composed' - GR Viswanath

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1028917.html

"I have watched Anil from his under-19 days, from the beginning, to playing for Karnakata and then playing for India and captaining," Viswanath told ESPNcricinfo. "He has done everything in a meticulous way. Typical engineering brain."

Srinath felt Kumble's biggest asset is his ability to spot and nurture raw talent. "I think he is a man with tremendous integrity. It's about getting stuck. Basically, the never-say-die attitude is quite strong in Anil. He has the mind for all formats of the game, which is very crucial to be consistent with the boys. Apart from that, the technical inputs, the strategy and analysis comes naturally to Anil.

"I think it's a good decision by the panel to pick his name and a good process was adopted. The one good thing is he is quite close to this generation of cricketers."

"He gets on with the job. He will make sure he is at it all the time. He is somebody who will be on the field and with the boys all the time."

Prasad, who was also part of Kumble's administration at KSCA, said Kumble's tactical sharpness would help take India to the next level. "It's amazing for the simple reason that he has not only proven himself as a cricketer, he has also proven himself as a leader," he said. "As a bowling coach, I have worked with him when he was a player and captain. He is tactically outstanding. That's what made him a huge success as a player and that's exactly brings to the table. These are exciting times for Indian cricket."

India's Test captain Virat Kohli was among the well-wishers too. He tweeted, "heartiest welcome, Anil Kumble sir. Look forward to your tenure with us. Great things in store for Indian Cricket with you."

13 hours ago, maniac said:

Great adding disclaimers pretty much legitimizes opinions :nice:

Fact 1- Kumble is/Was a great player,A Legend who always proudly represented India,A Fighter

Fact 2- Kumble ran a sports management firm that represented a few Karnataka players

Fact 3- These Karnataka players despite being mediocre and not showing any ability to hang in at the international level kept getting either picked or being in the scheme of things time and time again.

Fact 4- Kumble has a clout with the players as well as BCCI-Will he exploit the clout to serve himself-I don't know -don't think so but as an ex-administrator and a businessman conflicts can arise.

So Based on these facts people are forming opinions.

No one questioned Vinay Kumar being picked the first or 2nd time as he was a proven domestic performer....but it is when he gets picked the 3rd,4th and 5th time red flag is raised.

On What basis did Aravind get picked in the T20 series against South Africa?

Mithun being selected is always on the horizon.

I really want to believe that Kumble has nothing to do with this as I respect him too much and want to be that way.

This is a classic example of innuendo and speculation posted as "fact".   So because Karnataka players were picked in seasons where the Karnataka team won the Ranji trophy it had to be because of Anil Kumble? Regardless of getting into selection specifics, how can you claim that Vinay Kumar, Aravind etc were selected because of anything to do with him?  

I can't stand Vinay Kumar, and dont think he should be anywhere near the team, but the "FACT" is that he has been among the leading wicket takers at the domestic level.  

And sure, there have been times where ther's enough smoke to indicate that there's some level of horse-trading going on with the selections.  But accusing Kumble of regionalism or bias before he has done anything to reflect that was nonsense. 

Kumble starts his role on a one-year term, and most of India's Test cricket in that period will be at home. Despite this, Kumble said he would focus on improving their overseas record, and that the process could begin at home itself.

"I'm really excited," he said. "This [overseas record] is something I wanted to commit to. You'll have lot of time to strategise. The team needs to be really fit to meet the demands of Test cricket. Lot of Tests coming up, the first four are in West Indies where the conditions are not that different to India. But the Indian conditions are where we are comfortable with. Focus will be on our overseas record and the mindset we have to address from home itself. We'll sit down and make a plan to ensure that we train towards achieving those goals."

'I'd like to work behind the scenes' - Kumble

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1029019.html

People from Karnataka are given to nepotism as much as any other state from India, its unfair to target them especially for this over arching attribute found among Indians. Shameless pathetic nepotism + regionalism = Indian culture ( to be read while mentally combining it with some bland cliche karnatic background music and nasal singing of female vocalist).

On 6/23/2016 at 5:41 PM, jusarrived said:

one thing that saves Virat might be the fact that he is good books of sasthri uncle and the co bombay lobby.

On 24/06/2016 at 3:11 AM, jusarrived said:

Hey how is the Sachin hate though? Did you turn on him by any chance just to be partial to your Karnataka player Dravid? Maybe? For years? In all comparisons? Across multiple forums? You did not think the pressure Sachin went through when he lost form and got hate from the likes of you after serving his country for 2 decades? Being called selfish and a choker?

Nau sau chohe kha kar billi chali hajj ko. (Translation - After eating 900 rats a cat goes to a religious pilgrimage to atone)

Edited by New guy
On 24/06/2016 at 9:50 AM, rkt.india said:

He is the one who constantly whined about Sachin overstaying for years, him being selfish, him being a choker. Now his beloved Dhoni is targeted and he is throwing a tantrum

25 minutes ago, New guy said:

He is the one who constantly whined about Sachin overstaying for years, him being selfish, him being a choker. Now his beloved Dhoni is targeted and he is throwing a tantrum

Hahaha yea that is funny specially when sachin played his best cricket during 2007-011 and then the guy whine . 

I find this choking thing funny. A team like Sa is considered a gud side by everyone n a side tht wins everything apart from big tournament. Wi, sl have won icc tournaments in recent yrs unlike Sa, NZ, eng and yet latter are better teams.