The Umesh Yadav Metamorphosis

sandeep

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Umesh would have picked a lot more wickets if he had used the surprise bouncer with regularity.

He has been doing most other things correctly  this season.

But needs to improve this aspect.

Do you think Shami and Umesh have the ability to perform like Aussie and Saffer pacers in Aus, SA, NZ and Eng? Or atleast at a good enough level?

Realistically speaking.

Also who among these 2 has the higher potential?

Edited by sensible-indian
5 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Do you think Shami and Umesh have the ability to perform like Aussie and Saffer pacers in Aus, SA, NZ and Eng? Or atleast at a good enough level?

Realistically speaking.

Shami  is much better than Umesh as he knows how to set up batsmen, use bouncers when required and use his brains.

I feel that Shami and Umesh will do much better when we tour abroad now.....as  their accuracy have improved without losing any pace. Success is bound to come when pace and accuracy combines.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shami  is much better than Umesh as he knows how to set up batsmen, use bouncers when required and use his brains.

I feel that Shami and Umesh will do much better when we tour abroad now.....as  their accuracy have improved without losing any pace. Success is bound to come when pace and accuracy combines.

It is a no brainer that Shami is overall more consistent and disciplined than Umesh. Pace wise too he is just marginally slower but where Umesh trumps Shami is in the fitness department. Shami has to be handled very carefully where as Umesh's fitness puts him ahead and playing more and more as he has shown will only keep making him better.

16 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Realistically speaking.

This time they ll perform better then Last time reasons

1. They are experienced

2. Kohli spoke how they all are working on fitness to put in more at those part of days when start to get tired and loose steam. Thats where many test matches changes and the gr8 australian side was ahead of others.

3. 5 bowler will help them rest and bowl their overs with full intensity 

Umesh has improved a lot.Following things I have noticed about him:

1) More control and accuracy than before without much compromise in speeds.

2)Willing to experiment with length according to the batsman

3) Use of crease: He goes wide of crease for left handed batsman which opens up a lot of angles to create. An outswinger (for left hand)with such angles is a killer combination.For right handed batsman he is much closer to stumps and makes batsman to play more deliveries.

4)Addition of inswinger to right handed batsman.He always had an outswinger.

5)Reverse swing and reverse swinging Yorker.The Yorker to get Handscomb gave nostalgia of waqar's 90s Yorkers.

What I would like to see in Umesh in future:

1)For ODIs:

*Change of pace. Deceptive slower           ones.

*Offcutter etc once in a while.

* Yorkers with accuracy.

2)For tests:

*More bouncers

*More focus and maintaining                        intensity.  

4 hours ago, sandeep said:

Only 15.  How about 50.  Or maybe 100.   Very green-broesque in your exaggeration.    

Before you lose your $ht, I'm not calling you a greenbro. 

It's well noted n you can see the entire home season n dropped catches n chances of him it's not hot air but fact, n stop chastising n being condescending

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Wanted to write a post on How Umesh yadav has been a the unsung hero of this season for many reasons.

1. 1st n foremost lasting whole season as a fit player is commendable. Bhuvi with lesser pace has gotten injured. Our batsman like rahane, rohit, dhawan, vijay , rahul all have been injured. But here is a guy bowling around 145k Fit throughout season so for this only he deserves credit. :cheer:

2. The disease of our pacers loosing pace over the years looks to have ended. This guy not only has maintained his pace but his fitness as well. 

3. Very brilliantly has played the role of support and aggressor with and without shami 

4. We often criticise  our bowlers when they go overseas comparing their stats to opp bowlers in their own condition. Well this time lets give umesh credit for better perfomance then starc n anderson. 

5. Did well in Odi series as well against NZ. Bhuvi has been creating a myth for few years that he guarantees a wkt with new ball well in past few years umesh has done that better.

6. He has produced many wkt taking deliveries but fielder has let him down many times but he didnt loose the plot. 

7. India conditions have never been helpful for fast bowler so his perfomance deserves more :cheer::cheer:

8. Umesh spell is best I have faced in my Test career: Shakib

Yea this guy who cam after facing Nz bowlers in Nz says this is a huge reason. 

9. He is a good fielder as well. 

10. 260583.jpg

:bow:

Highest average after Zaheer Khan.

Ya ya, 1500 dropped catches et al.

INDIA'S FOUR SEAMERS IN THE 2016-17 HOME SEASON
Bowler Tests Overs Wkts Ave ER NIC %*
 Umesh Yadav  11  330.5  25  40.20  3.03  19.78
 Mohammad Shami  6  178.1  18  27.50  2.77  18.31
 Ishant Sharma  5  142.0  9  41.88  2.65  17.18
 Bhuvneshwar Kumar  3  73.0  8  25.37  2.78  17.12

* Not-in-control percentage is the % of deliveries which the batmen edged, mistimed, or were beaten

Over the course of a long home season, Umesh has already bowled 330.5 overs, with one Test match still to go. At the moment he is seventh on the all-time list of most overs bowled by an Indian fast bowler in Tests in a season, but he needs to bowl only 4.3 more overs to jump up to fifth spot. The top two in this list were both from the same season - 1979-80, when Australia and Pakistan played six-Test series in India. Kapil Dev's 472 overs is way ahead of any other seamer, while Karsan Ghavri is next with 408.2. Venkatesh Prasad bowled 408.1 in 1996-97, when India played six Tests home and away against South Africa, and then toured the West Indies for five Tests. Kapil's 406.3 in 1982-83 - when India played six Tests in Pakistan and five in the West Indies - is in fourth place.

these are cold hard facts, now you can be a retard an try to play with words or think you are too smartn it doesn't even account for drop catches

Edited by MCcricket

The fact is, a combination of Shami and Umesh in away matches will be our best pace bowling pair ever. The difference between our spearhead and the 2nd fiddle ( Shami being the spearhead and Umesh his partner ) is not much quality wise as against our previous bowling pairs. We need 1 more genuine quick bowler to step up like Umesh has done and they will wreak havoc abroad.

Umesh is coming of age and I wont be surprised that in a year or so, he will be counted as one of the best genuine fast bowlers in the world, if he already isnt. I think Umesh Yadav would be one of the very few fast bowlers in the history of cricket who hasnt lost pace even after 4-5+ years.  Very few fast bowlers have been able to achieve this.

Only 15.  How about 50.  Or maybe 100.   Very green-broesque in your exaggeration.    

Before you lose your $ht, I'm not calling you a greenbro. 

Against England 1st test he had 3 catches dropped around 10 for season I guess.