Steve Smith’s mind is ahead of MS Dhoni’s: Sanjiv Goenka

TNAmarkFrmIndia

Just now, speedheat said:

Yes but one should not ignore the fact that rps before the start of IPL was cornered and was assumed to end up on umber 8,all in all was a rubbish team, but then smith stepped in made a bold decision to drop those bhatias,dindas, etc. as I said its actually difficult to describe his credentials in words, his bowling changes, his attacking approach, attacking field placements, his defence of all those low totals etc.

Ummm...so by the same logic, you are telling me Kohli is the worst captain in Cricket, at the moment?

3 minutes ago, SLICKR392 said:

Ummm...so by the same logic, you are telling me Kohli is the worst captain in Cricket, at the moment?

Since you've showed up on time, why don't you make the thread for the finals? Sick of seeing random, low-grade threads all around. 

Just now, Magneto said:

Since you've showed up on time, why don't you make the thread for the finals? Sick of seeing random, low-grade threads all around. 

I don't know the probables and other details. Don't mind creating if someone else hasn't yet

8 minutes ago, SLICKR392 said:

Kohli indeed is a poor captain in shorter formats especially as far as field placements, bowling changes are concerned. But his selection of players have also been poor in general. He is very hesitant to try new blokes. But good thing about him is he is not adamant like dhoni who would go to any extent just to prove his point. Kohli will definitely learn from his mistakes.

Edited by Pollack

Just now, Pollack said:

Kohli indeed is a poor captain in shorter formats especially as far as field placements, bowling changes are concerned. But his selection of players have also been poor in general. He is very hesitant to try new blokes.

Give him some time. I'm not gonna judge his IPL captaincy and compare it to India's. Kohli is someone who needs time to adapt.

How does different rules apply to Kohli who's having a nightmare with arguably one of the strongest team this season.

Strongest team?? How?? When you have a Washed up gayle ,Watson etc with the rubbish bowling line up how can you call it one of the strongest team?? Kohli too share the blame, but its totally different topic we can discuss it afterwards, but certainly you can't ignore the fact that Smith guided an almost rubbish team to the finals something which dhoni could never.

Just now, speedheat said:

Strongest team?? How?? When you have a Washed up gayle ,Watson etc with the rubbish bowling line up how can you called it one of the strongest team?? Kohli too share the blame, but its totally different topic we can discuss it afterwards, but certainly can't ignore the fact that Smith guided an almost rubbish team to the finals something which dhoni could never.

Gayle and Watson are washed up? Then why play them? I said 'one of the strongest sides'. It's not a different argument. It is exactly the same to what we were arguing over earlier. I would take Kohli over Dhoni any day as our Test captain, but if you go by your rules of judging a captain, then Kohli is worse than Tendulkar as a skipper.

4 minutes ago, SLICKR392 said:

I don't know the probables and other details. Don't mind creating if someone else hasn't yet

You can find the probables from cricinfo. Velu has created some random thread, which has no 'velue'. Nospam has created a marginally better thread, but it is more like spam.

ICF needs a classy thread with style, elan and swag.

Just now, Magneto said:

You can find the probables from cricinfo. Velu has created some random thread, which has no 'velue'. Nospam has created a marginally better thread, but it is more like spam.

ICF needs a classy thread with style, elan and swag.

8) Can copy my paste my thread on an OT or merge it. I love you, btw. Would bend down for you.

10 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Kohli indeed is a poor captain in shorter formats especially as far as field placements, bowling changes are concerned. But his selection of players have also been poor in general. He is very hesitant to try new blokes.

Kohli does scare me for shorter formats :nervous: I hope he improves and carries on the upward curve following Ganguly and Dhoni :pray: 

Edited by Ultimate_Game

Gayle and Watson are washed up? Then why play them? I said 'one of the strongest sides'. It's not a different argument. It is exactly the same to what we were arguing over earlier. I would take Kohli over Dhoni any day as our Test captain, but if you go by your rules of judging a captain, then Kohli is worse than Tendulkar as a skipper.

They all were playing with their past reputation.

Discussion here was about who is the better captain in IPL for rps since this is IPL forum but if your relating it to international and bringing kohli into it then I certainly can't help. Kohli too was piss poor and hesitant about team selection I never ignored it.

Don't you agree with goenkas word about Smith??

2 minutes ago, speedheat said:

They all were playing with their past reputation.

Discussion here was about who is the better captain in IPL for rps since this is IPL forum but if your relating it to international and bringing kohli into it then I certainly can't help. Kohli too was piss poor and hesitant about team selection I never ignored it.

Don't you agree with goenkas word about Smith??

Why would I agree anything what an arm chair expert like Goenka says? His opinion just like yours and mine. Far from an expert. 

Do you mean to say Smith is a better captain for RPS than Dhoni or generally a better captain? 

Why would I agree anything what an arm chair expert like Goenka says? His opinion just like yours and mine. Far from an expert. 

Do you mean to say Smith is a better captain for RPS than Dhoni or generally a better captain? 

If goenka was only a armchair expert my friend then he wouldn't have dropped msd from captaincy, he knew what was wrong in his team and apparently fixed it and results are showing.

No in IPL I would say smith is better then msd, in general he is good but still raw as captain.

4 minutes ago, beetle said:

This is the reason this team needs to go.

Which other owner behaves like this?

Putting  down players in public.

Even Mallya remove RD but did not put him down in public.

I hope this man does not get to have a team next year.

Mallya not only put down RD, he put down the whole team in public, he was constantly whining about how he was mislead into buying a test team for the t20 tournament, and Goenka should definitely have a team next year, he's way better than betting frauds like srini mama

Edited by kira