Anil Kumble steps down as coach

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

That article is trash.

Basically crying how dare Kohli criticize media and how Media never makes up stuff .Seriously lol

Scroll is the worst of worst when it comes to rumour mongering.

1) Focus on article rather than author. Of course every writer has his bias. Trust me no one is neutral and usually reflects in writing. Barring few exaggerated bits the article does make sense.

2)Scroll is not a very good source. I agree. But if you trash something without arguments just based on name it is not fair.

That does not answer the question . Why blame media  that it is making this all about .  

He could have just said there is no rift . Thats it 

Because he wanted to kill the rumors during the CT trophy.

Well actual answer is that there was no rift and journos ask him what about the reportd in media.The obvious answer is that media are making up stuff.What else would have sufficed the news hungry journos ?

And it's not entirely inaccurate either .Amid the actual facts there are most likely plenty of nonsense reports in the media as well.

Tell me do you believe Kumble leaked players personnel details to media people like it was reported ?

Just google some of the hyperbolic stuff written in the scroll site itself.

1) Focus on article rather than author. Of course every writer has his bias. Trust me no one is neutral and usually reflects in writing. Barring few exaggerated bits the article does make sense.

2)Scroll is not a very good source. I agree. But if you trash something without arguments just based on name it is not fair.

Actually the post you have quoted criticized the content not the author.

So not sure.

10 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

You want him to wash the dressing room detail in the public to media ? Really?

I know somewhat did that in his resignation but prefer if both shut up about this .

Whatever happens in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room.

He said media makes their rozi-roti out of such rumours. Maybe this is the reason why Prem was pissed off and this was his rebuttal? Kohli could have just said no rifts and those are just rumours. He went ahead and criticised media.

He said media makes their rozi-roti out of such rumours. Maybe this is the reason why Prem was pissed off and this was his rebuttal? Kohli could have just said no rifts and those are just rumours. He went ahead and criticised media.

Well actual answer is that there was no rift and journos ask him what about the reportd in media.The obvious answer is that media are making up stuff.What else would have sufficed the news hungry journos ?

And it's not entirely inaccurate either .Amid the actual facts there are most likely plenty of nonsense reports in the media as well.

Tell me do you believe Kumble leaked players personnel details to media people like it was reported ?

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Both the Scroll and The Wire indulge in these sorts of articles, Having said, that this is just opinion.

Though I am really interested in understanding what cause of the rift was.

Rohit is married to the sister of VK's agent, who is VK's best friend.   Is this why our current skipper has so much love for tailunt, and none for the likes of Pujara?   

Thing is it's just not Kohli is it?

Dhoni Gambhir Chappell Hussain and plenty others all sing the same tune .

Maybe Rohit is the greatest hoodwinker of 21st century.

But you deem article not worth it just based on scroll. So not sure.

To be fair I generally do.I don't take sites like scroll seriously because most of their articles are click bait tabloid in nature.

Obviously this is different because he seems a very highly respected cricket writer.Thats why corrected myself in later posts.

But I don't agree with the article because of its content .It clearly has an agenda , particularly, thrashing Kohli for denying the rumors and criticizing media for it.And also nonsense saying Media don't make up rumors .We don't live in lala land to believe that.

That just looks a plain point scoring agenda driven article.Thats just my two cents anyway.

Kohli BCCI officials  need to resign. If there was such big problem then they should had solved it. If Kohli had such problem with Kumble then he should had resign , even Kumble should had resign but all selfish people stick to their posts no wonder this team lost

41 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

To be fair I generally do.I don't take sites like scroll seriously because most of their articles are click bait tabloid in nature.

Obviously this is different because he seems a very highly respected cricket writer.Thats why corrected myself in later posts.

But I don't agree with the article because of its content .It clearly has an agenda , particularly, thrashing Kohli for denying the rumors and criticizing media for it.And also nonsense saying Media don't make up rumors .We don't live in lala land to believe that.

That just looks a plain point scoring agenda driven article.Thats just my two cents anyway.

If you want to be harsh, you can say that Prem being an old school guy is more likely to see things from Kumble's perspective than VK.   But that's about it.  

Agree that scroll etc are outlets for a lot of crap content, but like all things you have to consider the source.   At the end of the day, this article is an opinion piece.  You either trust the source, or you are skeptical.  Like I said, I have been an avid reader of Prem Panicker's writings in general, and have an high opinion of him.    But that's just another random fan's opinion.   

Edited by sandeep
55 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Source please.

That is f'in crazy. 

I guess this is what happens when you come up under Dhoni, who loved picking friends. Its the way you know

Source for what?   Rohit's wife is Ritika Sajdeh, sister of Bunty Sajdeh - who is like the Jerry McGuire of Indian cricket - both Rohit and VK are managed by his agency - in fact Ritika used to manage Rohit's account.  VK and Bunty's yaarana and love for each other is all over their social media accounts.  

Gawd, I hate posting stuff like this - its so damn gossipy and silly - but given VK's suspiciously firm support for Rohit, even in test cricket, over proven performers like Pujara - one starts to wonder.  All of us on ICF have been cribbing about Rohit's poor SR and slow starts in ODIs for years now - and lo and behold - kuptaan King Kohli goes above and beyond in publicly backing Rohit as a special player who needs to be protected.   And you have Prem's article insinuating that Rohit's selection and performance in the team was questioned by Kumble leading to VK's displeasure.    

Also, forgot to add, when I was in Trinidad during the Indian team's tour in 2011 - it was very clear that VK and Rohit were tight AF - especially in going out.   

Edited by sandeep
20 hours ago, Cricketics said:

The more I read about this the more I feel that Kumble played smart to gain sympathy of people by resigning and including that letter. 

Also he tried to be over-smart by resigning right now because there was no way in hell he was getting relected after windies tour.

Kumble is a legend but he is not totaly "Right" here.

It seems to me that he was headed to WI, but BCCI cut him short by saying Kohli dont want you to be there..Obviously he's pissed for showing lack of respect. and clearly it has come out in this letter. 

Look at his wordings. 

CAC asked me to continue as head coach ( till WI series ), post this intimation BCCI informed that you are no longer required. It is complete disrespect shown to the legend. Best could've been asking him to continue as coach till next selection ( obviously not him ).

6 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

It seems to me that he was headed to WI, but BCCI cut him short by saying Kohli dont want you to be there..Obviously he's pissed for showing lack of respect. and clearly it has come out in this letter. 

Look at his wordings. 

CAC asked me to continue as head coach ( till WI series ), post this intimation BCCI informed that you are no longer required. It is complete disrespect shown to the legend. Best could've been asking him to continue as coach till next selection ( obviously not him ).

Too much drama in Indian cricket man, we won't know for a while what happened exactly. 

It's my first time hearing that Kohli's agent is linked to Rohit Sharma. No wonder he gets all touchy when it comes to Sharma. I think Kumble should come out and tell all the details that what exactly is happening in the Indian cricket. BCCI has already disrespected him, so eff them. 

Lol posts making as if only Kohli had such conflict of interest issues.

Documents reveal that VVS Laxman, who was part of the committee that selected Anil Kumble as Team India’s coach, is the second biggest shareholder in Kumble’s company Tenvic Sports Education Private Ltd

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-laxman-selected-kumble-as-coach-while-being-shareholder-in-his-firm-2229527

Neither Kumble nor Laxman even bothered to reveal it during selection process.

Indian cricket is full of such connections and murky dealings.