WTF is this series???

4 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Not trying to sound racist but you sound like a Punjabi apologist. I'll give you Kaul but why the f would you want to give chances to Mandeep and Yuvraj? What have they done in IPL or domestic to warrant a place over others?

I was against Yuvraj being picked from the outset, for the England series at home. But now he has cemented his place in the squad and we have to live with it. Him being in my theoretical XI, gives the middle order some experience.

I forgot Jadhav actually, he could (should) be there instead.

Mandeep Singh has been consistent in domestic ODI tourneys and made a few recent India squads, just for fairness and consistency he needs to be given a chance to prove himself or not. There are not a huge number of good domestic List A openers to choose from.

57 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhawan captain.......why

Mandeep is hack, poor version of Raina, blind slogger he is 

Yuvraj.........why why why why why 

North zone ki team hai kya 

I was against Yuvraj being picked from the outset, for the England series at home. But now he has cemented his place in the squad and we have to live with it. Him being in my theoretical XI, gives the middle order some experience.

Mandeep Singh has been consistent in domestic ODI tourneys and made a few recent India squads, just for fairness and consistency he needs to be given a chance to prove himself or not. There are not a huge number of good domestic List A openers to choose from.

22 minutes ago, Sooda said:

I was against Yuvraj being picked from the outset, for the England series at home. But now he has cemented his place in the squad and we have to live with it. Him being in my theoretical XI, gives the middle order some experience.

Cemented his place how......by struggling in every game

There are many many consitent players in domestic..........hooda has been

Mandeep has been openely exposed against good attacks, his short ball problem still exsists. Go check his batting in warmupp game agianst Eng ......the guy looked out of place on a patta 

Chances shudnt be given it shud be earned......

Kishen , pant both can open .............sachin, rohit, sehwag they were openers 

Manan vohra is way better then this hack 

7 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Didn't intend to sound racist. Apologies if offended.

I dont think you are or anyone on this board is rascist but categorizing players based on their zone rather than ability is not cool. We in the end all want Indian cricket to be the best and I dont think anyone on this forum wishes bad. Just honest difference of opinion.

I really did not understand Holder blocking Yuvraj bowling in the end with game out of hand. This just reminded me when Prabhakar and Mongia blocked with RRR was 9-10 or something. You either hit out or get out. 
You feel like making conspiracy theories after watching non sense like this. 

1 hour ago, veer said:

This is more of a Caribbean family vacation series... Look at the schedule..ODIs were on Friday, Sunday, Friday, Sunday.. 

Let them have fun... They were playing non stop cricket.. :cheer:

The atmosphere in West Indies has also become dull, perhaps has to do with decrease in popularity of the game. Some years ago, they used to have bands, people dancing in the stands and there was genuine enthusiasm when runs were scored or wickets fell like how its in India. 

Maybe if they prepare seamer friendly pitches which are more suitable for pace bowlers like how it was in the past, cricket could become popular again ?

Edited by NareshK
6 minutes ago, NareshK said:

The atmosphere in West Indies has also become dull, perhaps has to do with decrease in popularity of the game. Some years ago, they used to have bands, people dancing in the stands and there was genuine enthusiasm when runs were scored or wickets fell like how its in India. 

Maybe if they prepare seamer friendly pitches which are more suitable for pace bowlers like how it was in the past, cricket could become popular again ?

They are still T20 world champions.. and they should stick with that format cuz i dont see any hope in WI becoming a force in test arena.. Promote T20s and may be ODIs

9 minutes ago, NareshK said:

Also look at this team :facepalm: a team captained by Jason Holder doesn't deserve any crowd.

Likes of Gayle,Sammy(even though as a cricketer he is as mediocre if not more than Holder) and Bravo still have that star power.

I remember 2-3 years ago, Gayle was on fire in one of the ODI games and there was a lot of support.