ODI squad for SL series selected. Yuvi dropped.

Mosher

1 minute ago, RAZPOR said:

Dropping Yuvraj  doens't make this a good selection,still a sub par decision dropping pant and no krunal or vijay shankar is as clueless as it gets especially with this many main players rested.

And rahane in....ab to kuch bolne ka bhi ni mann karta ,isse peecha nahi chutega is zindagi me to.:giggle:

On a side note hope shardul gets a game.

We dnt knw if Krunal is fit or not in 1st place he was injured in SA-A game 

Vijay shankar is playing A- game in SA.....n from todays game it can be seen he has retired hurt

As of now we are not even sure about their fitness

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We dnt knw if Krunal is fit or not in 1st place he was injured in SA-A game 

Vijay shankar is playing A- game in SA.....n from todays game it can be seen he has retired hurt

As of now we are not even sure about their fitness

Well i just hope they are in scheme of things as far as 2019 wc is concerned,these two along with hardik can provide india incredible flexibility in ODIs.

Just now, RAZPOR said:

Well i just hope they are in scheme of things as far as 2019 wc is concerned,these two along with hardik can provide india incredible flexibility in ODIs.

If they are on A-tour definitely they are in scheme of things, now that hardik plays for India regulalry these guys wud be given regular chances in A-games. Its upto them to keep performing and stay fit

Disappointed about Pant, but glad to see some new faces.

I told you guys, those who were bringing knives against Kohli that he keeps picking his friends, told you to wait till CT is over. You can't judge a captain so fast. Every captain needs time to make changes to his team. Kohli is doing it just that. 

This is still not the perfect squad but we are heading in the right direction. 

2 hours ago, Sooda said:

Rahane did score a century and 3 50's in the WI. I agree that he should not be a litd overs option... But it's unfair to drop him now. 

I think he will play in SL series as well. He did well in WI series and Kohli said he is a floater. Most likely he will bat at 4 in Yuvi's place but want to see KL Rahul play at 4.

Finally, an ODI squad which is above average.

Two things that could have been improved:

- Not Selecting Pant most probably in place of Rahane

- Selecting Axar Patel as dont see him as long term ODI player specially with Jadeja also of same age and both are similar batsmen. Krunal would have been better pick as he is better batsmen.

Yuvi being dropped is first good step. I was a big supporter of Yuvi and always want him to do well but he has been finished since 2013.

So, all in all it seems that Kohli is slowly moving away from oldies and if MSD doesnt perform in next few series then he could also be dropped.

I read somewhere that in ODIs,  the selectors plan to give chances to youngsters against weaker sides like SL and NZ .... and play full strength side against Australia.

I wonder which seniors will make a comeback in the full strength side.  Only Shami would add value to the ODI side and even he needs to be preserved for test matches.  That may mean Ashwin and Jaddu are still considered as our best ODI spinners.   : (

MSK Prasad in a press conference talking about our ODI team --

• The plan is to try out new players in the next 5 months and see how they perform
  • Team building for 2019 WC is in motion.
  • Players will be rotated in the ODI team to try out many players
  • Fitness levels will have to be upped and if someone does not make the cut, he will be dropped
  • Rahul will be tried at No.4 in this ODI series, he is too good a player to sit out as Rohit and Dhawan will open.
4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

MSK Prasad in a press conference talking about our ODI team --

• The plan is to try out new players in the next 5 months and see how they perform
  • Team building for 2019 WC is in motion.
  • Players will be rotated in the ODI team to try out many players
  • Fitness levels will have to be upped and if someone does not make the cut, he will be dropped
  • Rahul will be tried at No.4 in this ODI series, he is too good a player to sit out as Rohit and Dhawan will open.

Someone was giving credit to kohli, but i think MSK deserves a lot of credit here...........may be some big name like dravid is the brain behind him but whoever deserves credit 

video link ?

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Someone was giving credit to kohli, but i think MSK deserves a lot of credit here...........may be some big name like dravid is the brain behind him but whoever deserves credit 

Kohli talked about playing Rahul too.... it could be a collective decision as he is highly rated by most.

But, MSK Prasad is doing a mighty fine job.

video link ?

The press conference was shown on TV.

Edited by express bowling