Dhoni or Rahane: Who would you rather have in LOIs?

Lannister

6 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

its the attitude what counts too..kedar was playing team game , maintaining the run rate.

we could have lost today had it been a 50 over match and had hardik failed BIG or scored less runs...bhuvi wud have managed to support ..hardik bhuvi kedar won us the match and msd also played OK...but i feel MSD is now an old man...

even young guys are not able to field well ..see yadav, kedar msd is keeping well but his batting skills specially hitting skills are down.

india has 30 international quality batsman..dhoni does not come in first 10, his batting talent was his HITTING Prowess and his aeroplane shot which is now extinct.

Throwing wkts after getting set is never smart and again why are these guys even put to compare to dhoni he at his fading game , baaki sab ko kya hua 

Baaki sab ka game kya dhoni ke fading game se bhi bura hai 

India has 30 international batsman 

How many stood up in NZ series when kohli and dhoni scored

What happened to all of them against Akila where dhoni n bhuvi stood up 

Kinda obvious. At this point Rahane has very limited use as a ODI batsman. He can't score like 150. He can't come up with big overs. He can't keep up with the run rate for long periods. He is a good batsman. So is Pujara. But PUjara doesn't even get a look in. Rahane is only slightly a better stroke player than Pujara. But he is not a match winner on his own unless we chase a total like 200.

6 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

rahane and Dhoni - both shud now be dropped.

Dhoni was lucky that got a weak bowler in faulkner and he could hit him and improve his strike rate other wise his strike rate today was Pathetic....

do u guys know we have 2 very good wicket keeper bats in ishan kishan and the other keeper ideally suited for ODI's.

we need to groom them for future.

these 2 guys are genuinely fantastic Batting talents.

they can be groomed just fine in domestic cricket, until they have 2-3 years of domestic experience. Keeping isn't easy on your back. these kids are 18-19, they still have 2-3 years before they can be tried in international cricket.

The comparison is not right. Dhoni is a keeper as well. Even their normal batting positions are different. 

Dhoni has been doing ok in ODIs so we should persist with him for now. He should still not play T20s. Rahane should not be playing any LOIs. There are better options available. 

2 hours ago, Texan said:

The comparison is not right. Dhoni is a keeper as well. Even their normal batting positions are different. 

Dhoni has been doing ok in ODIs so we should persist with him for now. He should still not play T20s. Rahane should not be playing any LOIs. There are better options available. 

Rahane was almost similar in strike rates when he was batting at 4 and he's a very good fielder too.

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Throwing wkts after getting set is never smart and again why are these guys even put to compare to dhoni he at his fading game , baaki sab ko kya hua 

Baaki sab ka game kya dhoni ke fading game se bhi bura hai 

India has 30 international batsman 

How many stood up in NZ series when kohli and dhoni scored

What happened to all of them against Akila where dhoni n bhuvi stood up 

Bro...

Other players are not sure of their places see rahane he played a reckless shot bcos he wanted to score fast as opener...there is a prolific opener Rahul benched for him so he had to go behind glory.

Same for others only Kohli and hardik are sure of their places.

Kedar is kinda two failures away from being dropped.

Dhoni Kohli hardik Rohit and bumrah are sure of their places..nobody else.

I open batting so I know..when your captain pressurises you to score from first over itself..before facing the first ball your bat is half up ready to hit.

Dhoni is not pressurised by Kohli or shastri..he plays his own selfish game..and he never had any technique ..he had power game and now his power game aeroplane shot is History.

Other players need to settle down n then see how they perform.

Many times I got out bcos my team got me ruffled and play outrageous shots and that happens.

Dhoni is being backed too much by Kohli..if dhoni goes away Kohli will ask Manish or kedar to drop anchor n relax n play.

Did u see the batting of ishan kishan and left handy keeper batsman from Delhi ..I m missing his name..both these batsman are exception erstwhile dhoni type of exceptional talent..they need to be backed.

Not a single player more than 35 should play for India as eye sight and physical fitness goes down ..only determination to play goes up..I m 44 and I open batting..I got new spectacles last week first time in my life..but when I bat I won't use spectacles so my batting will suffer.

I mean stamina eye sight goes down which are must for batting.. dhoni batting is no more the same that got us to like him..he shud hang his boots.

In ipl dhoni was found out..goenka took right call n made Steve Smith captain.

Goenka is smarter than our selectors.

Even the great Tendulkar was asked to retire..no one retires by his own wish.

Kapil dev took hardly any wickets in his last 3 years and was a 125k trundler in his last three years..had srinath played ahead of him he would have got many wickets.

Understand only the best can play for India.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kinda obvious. At this point Rahane has very limited use as a ODI batsman. He can't score like 150. He can't come up with big overs. He can't keep up with the run rate for long periods. He is a good batsman. So is Pujara. But PUjara doesn't even get a look in. Rahane is only slightly a better stroke player than Pujara. But he is not a match winner on his own unless we chase a total like 200.

The problem is Dhoni is not a match winner either. If it wasn't for Pandya's superior batting skills, we would be 40-50 runs short. Even Bhuvi was striking at a much better rate.  

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Bro...

Other players are not sure of their places see rahane he played a reckless shot bcos he wanted to score fast as opener...there is a prolific opener Rahul benched for him so he had to go behind glory.

Same for others only Kohli and hardik are sure of their places.

Kedar is kinda two failures away from being dropped.

Dhoni Kohli hardik Rohit and bumrah are sure of their places..nobody else.

I open batting so I know..when your captain pressurises you to score from first over itself..before facing the first ball your bat is half up ready to hit.

Dhoni is not pressurised by Kohli or shastri..he plays his own selfish game..and he never had any technique ..he had power game and now his power game aeroplane shot is History.

Other players need to settle down n then see how they perform.

Many times I got out bcos my team got me ruffled and play outrageous shots and that happens.

Dhoni is being backed too much by Kohli..if dhoni goes away Kohli will ask Manish or kedar to drop anchor n relax n play.

Did u see the batting of ishan kishan and left handy keeper batsman from Delhi ..I m missing his name..both these batsman are exception erstwhile dhoni type of exceptional talent..they need to be backed.

Not a single player more than 35 should play for India as eye sight and physical fitness goes down ..only determination to play goes up..I m 44 and I open batting..I got new spectacles last week first time in my life..but when I bat I won't use spectacles so my batting will suffer.

I mean stamina eye sight goes down which are must for batting.. dhoni batting is no more the same that got us to like him..he shud hang his boots.

Why wud these players have permanent place, have they earned it

Do u think bumrah came in with permanent spot...... No he earned it 

Rahane is poor Odi player, why wnt be under threat and thats more reason he shudnt throw his wkt 

I dnt knw were u open batting but thats doesnt matter what happens in ur gully cricket or state cricket. 

Let rahane achieve of what dhoni has then ask for same comfort zone, Rahane despite being such a failure in LOI still gets huge backing shudnt cry about that 

Why wont Kohli n shastri back such a top ODi player and he is producing result may not be with same effectiveness but he is contributing in everyway 

Lefty hander form delhi - his name is PAnt (pant didnt help his case by having a avg tour in SA, m all up for backing them but not by dropping dhoni . HE avg 89 this yr he cant be touched )

Not a single player more than 35 should play for India as eye sight and physical fitness goes down - till what age tendulkar played and dhoni has better fitness 

Please dont compare urself to Any internatinal cricketer or anybody who has played international cricket forget comparisons to a legend

Edited by Ankit_sharma03