Harsha will be unemployed soon

GolGappe

46 minutes ago, beetle said:

Sunil Gavaskar Bats For MS Dhoni After VVS Laxman And Ajit Agarkar's Take On His T20 Future

https://amp.sports.ndtv.com/cricket/sunil-gavaskar-bats-for-ms-dhoni-after-vvs-laxman-and-ajit-agarkars-take-on-his-t20-future-1771905?akamai-rum=off

:facepalm:

Now what is Gavaskar's angle here:thinking:

Brillant news.. Ajit is a known hater :phehe: who got klpds before when he said Dhoni should retire in Odis.. next day Dhoni said I ll play in 2019 WC. 

3 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Gavaskar is the biggest sell out i have seen in history of any game. 

Most extreme position Mr.Gavaskar has ever taken in commentary box is during Sydney test 2008 while criticizing the umpires and the Aussies, which even a person with half decent knowledge could see.

In other instances, he is heard mumbling on the fumbles and stupidity of the likes of Hanuma Vihari in the IPLs.

Paisa sab bolta hai, isliye bade-bado ki bhi bolti band hai.

Look at other commentators of almost his age Botham, Ian Chappell, Holding, Bob Willis, Barry Richards, David Gower and just ponder what technical insights does he provide to the viewers.

Would gladly send him, he won't make any difference. The most he can do is flatter current and former players while interviewing.

It's just the cricketing culture in these 2 countries which has been like that, India producing great batsman and Pakistan producing great bowlers.

If you really need to pick up the secret for batting, then guys like Pravin Amre will help make a big difference at the fundamental level.

5 hours ago, Turning_track said:

Most extreme position Mr.Gavaskar has ever taken in commentary box is during Sydney test 2008 while criticizing the umpires and the Aussies, which even a person with half decent knowledge could see.

In other instances, he is heard mumbling on the fumbles and stupidity of the likes of Hanuma Vihari in the IPLs.

Paisa sab bolta hai, isliye bade-bado ki bhi bolti band hai.

Look at other commentators of almost his age Botham, Ian Chappell, Holding, Bob Willis, Barry Richards, David Gower and just ponder what technical insights does he provide to the viewers.

While I agree with 90% of your post about Sunny being biased and a stooge who takes the high road ,I have to say when he actually puts all the BS aside and speaks about the intricacies  of the game ,I think he is one of the best minds out there.

I remember in the 90s when he tore Alan Wilkins to shreds when he was commentating with him on an English county game I was watching on star sports which has still stuck with me to this day...I don’t quite remember who the batsman was but Sunny was quiet impressed with his footwork  and then Alan Wilkins pointed out how Alan Lamb had previously criticized the batsmen’s stance. 

Sunny retorted something like “has Alan lamb seen his stance before commenting on others” and gave insight on why the guy batting was good and in the zone...it was like poetry...Wilkins just shut the hell up and listened to the master speak.

Most times we give too much credit to the firangs because to be fair some of them do have a lot of showmanship and then you add  the fancy accent and the grip on the language that their forefathers spawned.

However when it comes to technicalities of the game I have no doubt Sunny is one of the best out there.

Unfortunately he is a stooge,biased,obsessed with stats and a pussy which is a shame and very very sad as he is one of the greatest cricketers ever to play the game.Also to

add one of the best cricketing minds.

Edited by maniac
On 11/6/2017 at 10:28 PM, Rasgulla said:

Brillant news.. Ajit is a known hater :phehe: who got klpds before when he said Dhoni should retire in Odis.. next day Dhoni said I ll play in 2019 WC. 

Agarkar probably has an axe to grind also since he never got picked for ODIs or T20s since June-2007 ..around the same time when Dhoni took white ball captaincy :phehe:

However, I do agree that time is up for Dhoni atleast in T20s ..Rishabh Pant needs to get a look-in  .For now, Dhoni did well in SL ODI series . However, it seems team mamangement do not want to give a look in to Pant as if hev succeeds, pressure on Dhoni's ODI spot  will also increase.

Ya I heard that part while watching highlights..it was so cringeworthy...SUNNY G the politician he is....tried to ans it carefully by sidestepping first then coming back and saying Dhoni should be at #5...lol always worried abt his own paycheck...