Very irresponsible knock by Rishabh Pant in both inn (Ranjji FINALS 2017-18)

fineleg

21 hours ago, Pollack said:

Lol Long way to go.? The kid's good. Going through some loss of form and the knives are out.

What is wrong in long way to go? He has to do a lot more than what he is doing to be part of national team. He has pretty mediocre stats this season. There are lot of others who outperformed him.

He has potential but he needs to work harder. For starters, try to get rid of captaincy and should start working on his offside shots n related technique.

Edited by Shunya

Some here are criticising him as if he is some 36 year old bat with experience and gray beard, may be those bitter insecuritys are coming out,lol he is just 20 or 21 may be, he 'll learn, he is a hard hitter and his keeping looks ready for internationals, we can try him in t20s where if give us some 20 ball 40 will be more than enough along with agile keeping.

I think that Vikrant Gupta is a cricket journalist....Wow BCCI and it’s cronies are becoming like North Korea with its propaganda...slowly Rishabh has been targeted and mentally destroyed so that an over the hill keeper bat can continue till 2019. Some people even on this forum are beginning to believe Shastri is a great coach with amazing credentials,Rahul is useless,Dhawan is a great T20 player and overseas opener etc etc .

3 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

This guy supported pant before.. Now he is saying this

Dhakkan aadmi hai ye, i tweeted him something where i was bajaoing him and he retweeted it

he retweeted it without reading the last line:giggle:

His whole agenda is to keep asking for seniors to come back, to form frendship with them . HAs 0 understanding of facts ......
Watch his show n the blunders he do, when shankar was selected he said a fast bowler from karnataka is selected:wall::wall:

He is the face of poor cricketing journalism in our country 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

I am amazed at reaction . No one is saying kids rubbish and shoudl never ever play for india

all many are saying is that kid is very talented but very very raw . Simply needs to work on his game and when his game looks like ready for international cricket then sure get him in . I for one think he will play for india one day . But at same time he has been disappointing this year which means not ready yet , not sure this equates with knives out for him and why target a kid like this blah blah 

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

I think that Vikrant Gupta is a cricket journalist....Wow BCCI and it’s cronies are becoming like North Korea with its propaganda...slowly Rishabh has been targeted and mentally destroyed so that an over the hill keeper bat can continue till 2019. Some people even on this forum are beginning to believe Shastri is a great coach with amazing credentials,Rahul is useless,Dhawan is a great T20 player and overseas opener etc etc .

O come on . Risbah targeted to Metally destroy him ?? Just so dhoni can carry . Come on that’s ott lol

i certainly won’t dhoni to never play for india again in any format . But I also say pant has been disappointing this year and needs more work to play for india . 

19 hours ago, Texan said:

All of you guys being critical of him - do you even realize what the match situation was? Delhi's best chance at winning the trophy was if they batted aggressively, put decent amount of runs on the board in a short time and then give Vidarbha two and a half sessions on the final day with a score in excess of 170-180 to chase. In that respect, he was right in trying to up the scoring rate. If he would have just batted on without any purpose and scored a drab 100 off 300 balls, that would have meant that the match was dead and Vidarbha would be champions. Remember, first innings lead was sufficient for Vidarbha to win the trophy. Ranji Trophy knock-outs are not like Test series where a draw means that both teams get equal points.

After a long partnership Delhi loses 2 quick wicket. What is captains response he does everything to get out. Also do explain how situation demand turned him into a poor batsman against spin. 

Now lets gets back to why needed to play a risky inning, explain his batting in first innings. 

Lack of confidence is excuse , guy was just made captain how the heck does it translate to lack of confidence. Honestly this guy is going unmukh chand way.

Maniac and his conspiracy theories trolling... :cantstop: 

He was mentally destroyed that he forgot to hit anything on offside :elefant: 

No point hyping up mentally destroyed players then... Let's hype Iyer and Samson for once. Ohh wait thats doesn't suit their agenda:phew: 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhakkan aadmi hai ye, i tweeted him something where i was bajaoing him and he retweeted it

he retweeted it without reading the last line:giggle:

His whole agenda is to keep asking for seniors to come back, to form frendship with them . HAs 0 understanding of facts ......
Watch his show n the blunders he do, when shankar was selected he said a fast bowler from karnataka is selected:wall::wall:

He is the face of poor cricketing journalism in our country 

This guy was pro-pant... He was part of the hype brigade. Looks like he had enough now..

1 minute ago, Rasgulla said:

This guy was pro-pant... He was part of the hype brigade. Looks like he had enough now..

The reason for his Pro-pant was coz he is punjabi, he is biased towards punjabis ......

Now for being an anti -pant.......ye uski knowledge ki asliyaat hai ki usse kuch idea nhin player kaise progress krte hai 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

The reason for his Pro-pant was coz he is punjabi, he is biased towards punjabis ......

Now for being an anti -pant.......ye uski knowledge ki asliyaat hai ki usse kuch idea nhin player kaise progress krte hai 

You are bringing unnecessary regionalism to this topic. Everybody was backing Pant at that time because of his back to back performances. U19 WC, Ranji Trophy and IPL, he performed every. You need to fast-track some guys. It was done with Virat, Pandeya. We should have given him chances properly. It only one T20, where was sent up in the order but he crumbled to pressure. Every one does on certain days. If selectors/team management was smart, he should have been played as an opener and asked to play his natural game. This Ranji season, he lost him form and suddenly looking like hack or irresponsible batsman. This guys needs confidence. He played in a similar manner in last Ranji and score heavily at 80+ SR. We can't change his natural attacking game, it will only destroy him. 

As far as Vikrant is concerned, he is media person, that too for Aaj Tak. I don't even rate India media. Don't forget, it was Vikrant's show in which Madan Lal said that Rohit should open in SA tests. Don't take Aaj Tak seriously, they are bunch of retards. Who can forget Sweta Singh's famous technical report when 500 and 1000 notes were banned in 2016 and she came up with some chip technology in new notes :hysterical: 

Pant has still lots of things to do. Syed Mushtaq T20 and List A matches are there for him to rediscover his form and then I hope DD retain him in auction. Working with Dravid will definitely improve his composure for the higher level game. I reckon if this guy is given good chances in 10-15 games continuously, he will fix his place in team. We have given chances to likes of Ambati Rayadu in ODIs, this guy is far more talented. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Now for being an anti -pant.......ye uski knowledgwe ki asliyaat hai ki usse kuch idea nhin player kaise progress krte hai 

Who is Punjabi? You talking about Vikrant Gupta? Guptas are Baniyas and not Punjabi.

And I think whole regionalism thing is outdated pointer. Don't think we need to always find that as a reason to show why someone has a bias for a particular player.

That's why getting right break at right time is so important for youngsters,Dhoni if he had quit T20s this guy would have done more than what Dhoni has done in t20s and also it would build his confidence up. If Pant is any good he will bounce back.It is ridiculous to say he is just a slogger.You don't score that many runs which he did last year by slogging.

17 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Who is Punjabi? You talking about Vikrant Gupta? Guptas are Baniyas and not Punjabi.

And I think whole regionalism thing is outdated pointer. Don't think we need to always find that as a reason to show why someone has a bias for a particular player.

Baniya is caste, Punjabi is sort of race/ethnic group, a term used for people having background of Punjab (either Indian or Pakistani Punjab). 

Edited by puneet28
2 minutes ago, puneet28 said:

Baniya is caste, Punjabi is sort of race/ethnic group, a term used for people having background of Punjab (either Indian or Pakistani Punjab). 

Who sab sahi hai, but to point out someone supporting based on region without any proof is not correct. I don't think it has anything to with regionalism. Pant is one of those exciting youngsters whom everyone will like. Raina was like this when he first emerged as 17 year old and also got his first Man of the match in Pakistan. Whole India was crazy about him. I can't even imagine how crazy India must have been when Tendulkar must have come out. You don't have to be a Mumbaikar to like a young Tendulkar.

Same thing is with Prithwi Shaw. It must excite every Indian fan regardless of the region. He is too young and doing amazing things at a young age.

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Who sab sahi hai, but to point out someone supporting based on region without any proof is not correct. I don't think it has anything to with regionalism. Pant is one of those exciting youngsters whom everyone will like. Raina was like this when he first emerged as 17 year old and also got his first Man of the match in Pakistan. Whole India was crazy about him. I can't even imagine how crazy India must have been when Tendulkar must have come out. You don't have to be a Mumbaikar to like a young Tendulkar.

Same thing is with Prithwi Shaw. It must excite every Indian fan regardless of the region. He is too young and doing amazing things at a young age.

Exactly what I tried to say in my earlier post. The fact someone from media has backed Pant in past is not because he is from certain region but because of something exciting in his talent. From current U19 team, Shubman Gill is rising the ladder and already played few Ranji matches for Punjab. If he does well and catches the attraction of other people, we can't say that he is being talked of being Punjabi. Same thing applies to Prithwi Shaw, Ishan Porel etc. These guys are exciting and a level above compared to general talent. A good selector will fast track them to A team at least, otherwise we will have many Manish Pandey like players. You can't forget Manish Pandey is of same age-group that of Virat and still fighting for his position. 

Edited by puneet28
4 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

After a long partnership Delhi loses 2 quick wicket. What is captains response he does everything to get out. Also do explain how situation demand turned him into a poor batsman against spin. 

Now lets gets back to why needed to play a risky inning, explain his batting in first innings. 

Lack of confidence is excuse , guy was just made captain how the heck does it translate to lack of confidence. Honestly this guy is going unmukh chand way.

He was trying to go after every ball because that was Delhi's only chance of winning. Often, playing an aggressive knock can turn the momentum around. It didn't work in this case, but can't fault his intentions. 

Lack of confidence comes when you are picked in the international team and then suddenly dumped without even giving a proper chance. He did decently in the two matches that he played.