The Unpopular Cricket Opinions Thread

Gollum

7 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

1. Sachin played for the Team than himself

2. Sachin won more matches with his 100s than his tuk tuks costs India matches

3. He has lot of fans in Bangladesh because he is their biggest match winner 

Hang on you feeing ok ? 2 out of those 3 were in praise of Sachin !!

then have cric fan saying india has fast bowlers and producing loads

icf gone topsy turvy 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

57. Danish Kaneria is an ATG spinner for enduring Akmal his whole career :adore:, only now do I realize the true extent of his greatness. Imagine Ash or Jaddu bowling with Parthiv as keeper for 60 odd tests, 10-12 test ke baad cricket chor ke sanyaas le lenge nahi to kapde utar kar din aur raat public ke saamne nanga nachenge. 

There is a reason why Kaneria always looks troubled. You can check Google images, he hardly smiles with upper teeth protruding out like bugs bunny rabbit.

The innings played by Kohli today was his greatest clutch innings in tests,even above the Adelaide one which was very good but I think was a little overrated ... ..prior to this he didn’t have a standout test inning.Hopefully this is the start of more to come.

Edited by maniac

8.) Those who claim themselves to be real fans of cricket or call t20 pyjama cricket and stuff like tests separate 'men from boys' are the ones who themselves never watch complete 5 days of test cricket. They all derive a sense of superiority by badmouthing limited overs format.

9.) The crowd at Lord's cricket ground are not cricket fans. Yes, the attendances are full for tests but that does not give you a complete picture. 99% of the crowd are filled with rich upper class like elite socialites and consultants from some top notch firms trying to impress their clients by taking them to Lord's.

Edited by MechEng

59. I get a feeling there were serious ego clashes between Sachin, Dada and Dravid in the 2001-2007 period. Dada was a tad jealous of Sachin, he tried to downplay SRT and praise Dravid when he was the captain. Dravid and Ganguly had that cold war after 2005 Pak home series when there were talks of handing over the captaincy to Dravid. Dravid and Sachin had a silent war going on after Multan 2004. It is also possible that Sachin was jealous of Dravid when the latter was so good in 2001-2006 period and became the toast of national media, this coincided with SRT's tennis elbow and decline in form/aura and he couldn't digest being no 2. Laxman was the innocent kid there and Sehwag was the bratty kid but those 2 were far removed from this tripartite struggle. It was like ancient India where the tripartite struggle between Palas (Bengal, Ganguly), Gurjara Pratiharas (Western India, SRT) and Rashtrakutas (South India, Dravid) weakened each other so much that when Ghazni (Greg Chappell) came to India, he didn't have to do much to start a full fledged circus in India (Indian cricket). 

10.) New Zealand is the best place to watch cricket on tv, no other place will give you a sense of peace. While during summers the grounds all over the world have sunlights beaming on them, the sunlight is delicate in NZ without being too imposing, it's similar to sunlight we see during dawn and dusk.

11.) Food at Lord's cricket ground is amazing according to Ganguly, Sehwag and Akram. When a Bengali, a Delhiite and a Lahori praise the food quality, it should be accepted without questioning.

12.) Bangladesh are the most entertaining cricket team the world has ever seen, even ahead of padosis. Whether it be major upsets, Mushfiqur Rahim's antics in t20 WC, Mashrafe Mortaza's celebration style which would scare away straight men and getting bowled out for 58 while chasing 105, Bangladesh are bonafide entertainers.

Edited by MechEng

Kohli will fail in England again. His appetite to devour his 'Ma ka khana' might have diminished, but his appetite to drive good length balls on the 6th/7th stump line has only gotten stronger. If that wasn't enough, he also can't help but jab his bat at balls just short of a good length at the 5th/6th stump line.

In typical Desi, Aussie, and Centurion-like conditions, this is not an issue at all as he's got great hand-eye coordination, a superb technique, and this allows him dominate bowlers from the outset. But in conditions which offer consistent swing/seam movement, he's leaving a very small margin of error playing so far away from his body. If conditions are favourable for the English and if Sir Jimmy is anywhere near his best, he'll devour him.

I hope Kohli proves me wrong, by either being more compact in his style or, by simply channeling INTENT(not for the mere mortals :phehe:) and his ever present unquenchable need to find a way to come out on top, because I'd love to see him shut the English up. Please! :argh:

13 minutes ago, Dada's Army said:

Kohli will fail in England again. His appetite to devour his 'Ma ka khana' might have diminished, but his appetite to drive good length balls on the 6th/7th stump line has only gotten stronger. If that wasn't enough, he also can't help but jab his bat at balls just short of a good length at the 5th/6th stump line.

In typical Desi, Aussie, and Centurion-like conditions, this is not an issue at all as he's got great hand-eye coordination, a superb technique, and this allows him dominate bowlers from the outset. But in conditions which offer consistent swing/seam movement, he's leaving a very small margin of error playing so far away from his body. If conditions are favourable for the English and if Sir Jimmy is anywhere near his best, he'll devour him.

I hope Kohli proves me wrong, by either being more compact in his style or, by simply channeling INTENT(not for the mere mortals :phehe:) and his ever present unquenchable need to find a way to come out on top, because I'd love to see him shut the English up. Please! :argh:

In hindsight I believe Kohli should be easy on himself, start eating homemade daal makhani and paratha sometimes, in doing so his temptations will get satisfied and the temptation to play the good length ball outside outside off stump goes away. :phehe:

8 minutes ago, MechEng said:

In hindsight I believe Kohli should be easy on himself, start eating homemade daal makhani and paratha sometimes, in doing so his temptations will get satisfied and the temptation to play the good length ball outside outside off stump goes away. :phehe:

Preach! Anushka needs to get on this.

60. The only reason Asian teams are good at cricket is because the other countries don't take it seriously enough. If cricket were the number 1 sport in WI, Aus, SA, NZ, Eng, Ireland, Netherlands and their top sporting talents were diverted towards cricket, no Asian team would ever have been in the top 5 in the world and would never win anything of note. Cricket is a dying game and we have some level of success only because of less competition. 

61. BCCI is harming the game of cricket by blocking attempts to include it in Asian Games/CWG/Olympics. Not only are these traitors harming our medal prospects but also denying our players a chance to get honor and fame, this applies especially to our women's cricket team. As such they hardly get fame/media coverage and play very little cricket. A medal in an event like Asian Games can mean so much to them. For our men they get coverage and chance at glory quite often, but for women the prospects are quite dim. In the last 2 Asian Games Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Japan have reaped the medals with China getting 2 4th finish places. Indian women would have strolled to a medal, 90% chance of gold even on their bad days. Yet they have to bear this discrimination while Sana Mir and co received the gold medals at such a prestigious event. Asian Games also gets athletes highest GOI honours and cash prizes, so again our women missed out on that twice in 4 years. BCCI doesn't give a **** about women's cricket, they are all greedy hyenas who only bother about the cash register. Nothing but a glorified mafia with no ethics or patriotism. 

13.) A great test player should not be compared to a great t20 player. While the common opinion is that great test players are always better than great limited overs cricketers, they are 2 different formats with different approaches. It's like comparing Haile Gebrselassie with Usain Bolt.

14.) While Laxman's 281 is in top 3 greatest test innings of all time, Sachin's 136 at Chennai in 1999 and Sehwag's 201* at Galle came in tougher conditions. I'm saying this because Sri Lankan spinners and Pakistani bowlers are more effective on Asian pitches than their Aussie counterparts due to more familiarity with conditions.

Edited by MechEng