I feel 2018 is going to be my year: Ajinkya Rahane

velu

41 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Poor guy. What happened to him. He has been so good in the last overseas cycle and now he is turned into Afridi of Test cricket with his ducks. 

Bhai what's this BS around good overseas last cycle.Even in last cycle he was highly inconsistent and that's still the same.

@putrevus rightly put in some other thread about Rahane that he never looks in form.Even if scored 300 on one game,he looks lost in next game.

He is quite overrated but still worth keeping in loop in future, however dropping him from the xi is not a bad idea.

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

Rahane for first 50 innings - Scored 2209 runs at an Avg of 51.37 (8 centuries)

Rahane for last 35 innings - Scored 904 runs at an avg of 27.39 (1 century)

Yikes. If those stats were reversed ie. started off averaging 27 and now 51 that would be acceptable.

However he is actually getting worse over time and that is simply not good enough. If those trends continue he will averaging in the 30s soon and will become a Rohit Sharma. 

6 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Bhai what's this BS around good overseas last cycle.Even in last cycle he was highly inconsistent and that's still the same.

@putrevus rightly put in some other thread about Rahane that he never looks in form.Even if scored 300 on one game,he looks lost in next game.

He is quite overrated but still worth keeping in loop in future, however dropping him from the xi is not a bad idea.

He did average above 50 at one stage. I think you are overlapping his ODI stats, where he never looked assured even once in his career. 

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

He did average above 50 at one stage. I think you are overlapping his ODI stats, where he never looked assured even once in his career. 

TBH even in last overseas tours' it was Virat who led from the front barring Eng.Rahane was off and on all the tours, he was not someone who lead the batting with any kind of authority.

However you are right,his ODI stats do influence my view point.

8 hours ago, Adi BB said:

Rahane has been playing Subpar in the last 2 years but the TM gave him the benefit of the doubt as he had a successful away cycle last time around but it's clear he's a fraud ,he is not in the right frame of mind to play atm .time to kick him out 

He is wasting his energy jerking off on another dude. That's why he is so thakela. No energy. His mind is on dicks not cricket. Feel for his official partner.