Shastri is doing a great job

44 minutes ago, Khota said:

First: Dont jump to conclusion.

Second: No one cares if he drinks or not but everyone cares about his unprofessional approach. What does he bring to the table?

Third: having a drink in the middle of the day is an issue.

First : was a joke ffs 

second : good so you don’t mind him drinking so why do people post photos of him drinking like it means something 

third : you accuse him of having a drink during the day while on duty it seems . Evidence of this etc 

Shastri has one of the best cricketing brains I have seen in Indian cricket . I don't understand the hate for him.He drinks big deal who cares as long as he is good with the team and not abusing his position.

People keep pointing about Rahane not playing tests but I still don't it is their fault Rahane looked terrible and all his overseas exploits were 2 years ago.

On 2/14/2018 at 9:55 AM, putrevus said:

Shastri has one of the best cricketing brains I have seen in Indian cricket . I don't understand the hate for him.He drinks big deal who cares as long as he is good with the team and not abusing his position.

People keep pointing about Rahane not playing tests but I still don't it is their fault Rahane looked terrible and all his overseas exploits were 2 years ago.

I think people hate him for now since their favorite Rahul is not picked.

I think moment Rahul starts gettimg chances in LOi’s the faith might be gained in Shastri.

I am not the biggest Rahul fan compared to these fuys here but surely Rahul deserves his chance but also would say that Shastri shouldn’t be hated for the same reason. 

On 14/02/2018 at 8:25 PM, putrevus said:

Shastri has one of the best cricketing brains I have seen in Indian cricket . I don't understand the hate for him.

Mumbai - That is enough for most posters here.

Other few (including me) hate him for adding nothing except man management read cheerleading to the team.

Edited by Pollack
On 1/1/2018 at 2:18 AM, King Tendulkar said:

Wow yes . New ears eve had a drink or 2 . Horrible hard away series so this could back fire 

but yes shastri did a goo job last time and this time. Player with big egos happy and team is winning big time

gotta say heard plenty of interviews with shastri and never disagree with his points 

better coach then commentary 

i believe batting coach is some body else , bowling coach is some one else and fielding coach too.

So he is possibly managing the managers who are organising the travel and fitness of individuals, i dont think he is involved in coaching at all, he may be just standing next to virat and supporting what ever virat is saying and kinda making virat's decisions FINAL and making sure they are implemented. 

i think he wanted team to come earlier but cud not bring bcos of virat's marriage, others should have come one week earlier and praticed and finally won all the tests as indian batsman failed in first two tests. with his experience , he had to put his foot down and go earlier, NO ONE can dream to win tests in africa coming 4 days before the first test.

i wanna say he has to accept and support kohli but where kohli is going wrong , he has to put his foot down like he shud have took the team few days earlier , even four days earlier would have made some difference.

Shastri is a parasite. He is sucking blood and drawing salary. What coachingexperience does hehave. To coach Indian team you need to have a decade of experience as aminimum requirement. Cananyone point to one contribution he made to the team Should have won the test series 2-1 but lost it. He is a failure. Pathetic.

56 minutes ago, Khota said:

Shastri is a parasite. He is sucking blood and drawing salary. What coachingexperience does hehave. To coach Indian team you need to have a decade of experience as aminimum requirement. Cananyone point to one contribution he made to the team Should have won the test series 2-1 but lost it. He is a failure. Pathetic.

So this failure 

had 2 spells as coach . Must have poor win/loss record ?

Just now, Trichromatic said:

Sreesanth won us 2011 WC. Must be great bowler, at least in WC?

Sreesanth was actually good bowler . Could have been so much more but was at best excellent 

look shastri made a lot of goood decisions which no one credits for 

Kuldeep and Chahal in is one example

plus clearly good man manager . Players happy and play well under him , that’s good isn’t it ?

14 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

So this failure 

had 2 spells as coach . Must have poor win/loss record ?

You never disappoint to ask ask a stupid question. Look at the talent he had to work with and look at the results. Winning with this Indian team is easy. What are his contributions to the team? Nothing. Shastri is a prime example of failure of Indian culture. Biggest sifarshi ever.