In the context of the game...was Rohit’s knock really that bad?

maniac

I think it was not a good knock . As he was too cautious . Shoudl have worked hard for 30 balls then backed his instincts . He was literally waiting for a full toss only 

a lot of Batters will learn from that 1 st innings and improve mindset . Frankly most of batters showed technically fine just to adopt slightly more positive mindset . By positive don’t mean come in swinging but if half volley drive it for 4 , if short and wide lick it past point 

7 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

The difference was saffers were playing bhuvi, shami,bumrah and Hardik while India faced four quality fast bowlers.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Did you see the second innings, we outbowled them easily. 

you can dish our bowling  all you want, there was no intention to score runs

Did you see the second innings, we outbowled them easily. 

you can dish our bowling  all you want, there was no intention to score runs

I am not dissing our bowling, my point is exactly what you said, but we could have bowled especially fielded better in the first innings Dhawan drop cost us 50 runs Shami drop cost us 50 runs.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Rohit followed his masterful knock of 11 runs in the first innings with a Bradmanesque innings of 10 runs in the second innings. In the process, he ended up being the ideal foil to the captain as they built a career defining partnership. Rohit's master class and perfect timing was on full display as during the course of the innings, he also expertly guided the ball into the evening sun such that the fielder expected to catch it was completely blinded and ended up missing the catch. 

After the captain departed, Rohit also was such an expert judge of the match situation that he realized instantly that the match cannot be won with his contributions alone and hence, he made the decision to drag the ball onto his stumps in order to conserve energy that can be better utilized in subsequent Test matches. Trends suggest he is all set to score 9 and 8 runs in the next Test match. 

Behold the genius!

Bow to thee.......:bow: